Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2024, 04:24:34 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: docs come back?  (Read 7967 times)
ick312 Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: March 02, 2014, 03:28:46 am »

Hey devs,

i dont want to pressure you. I am just curious if there is any outline or rough date for the doctrine release. Since they are what made eirr special.

kind regards ick

I don't know Wind, that whole 21 virgins thing kinda peaked my interest a little .......
From fucking kids to fucking christ, jesus heartmann. Just stop already you filthy monster, you are only making it worse
chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 03:44:28 am »

Cant put docs back in coz balance.

This community is full of a bunch of mindless idiots with memories like two year olds.

https://www.etsy.com/de/shop/ShitGlitter?ref=l2-shop-header-avatar
I'm not sure what you're so defensive about Tank.
 he makes shab look like a princess giving food to the poor.
ick312 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 03:57:52 am »

Cant put docs back in coz balance.
not that hard to fix.
get ride of
-Stormies elite armor,
-Ranger elite armor, give them AB armor (-25% received accuracy while standing is too much)
-inf doc smoke nades 4 uses for 15 munition. make it 1 usage
-Tankreaper jumbo upgun
-AB bot t4 croc churchill
AND change the following:
Tiger + pershing old stats
 FJs medpacks swap with explosive equitment

srsly the last patch wiped most of the balance problems
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 04:28:00 am by ick312 » Logged
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 04:08:47 am »

doctrines are the biggest balance issue, plus they suck the fun out of eir.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 05:29:34 am »

guise stahp

>dey removed doctrine to balance units
>da patch resulted in more imbalances
>we be fix dese imbalances
>such imbalance
>much fix
>wow such new mod
>r.i.p all da peepz who didn't survive da 70 year wait
>heya such EIRR:3 Russia vs murica

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2014, 08:41:00 am »

doctrines are the biggest balance issue, plus they suck the fun out of eir.

Even OMG guys said, that EiR is better than OMG only cause of docs. EiR without docs isn't EiR.

Unfortunetly, devs won't return docs and everyone knows why. I don't want to blame tank, but HE said, docs will be off for a week. It's more than a month now. I know it was dev team decision, but still... Balancing doesn't have sense without docs, because if you move them back, there will be a shitload of unbalanced stuff. So... The only logic way is to balance while having docs or disable docs forever Cheesy
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 08:48:29 am by GrayWolf » Logged

PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2014, 09:19:48 am »

he never said "a week", they will need more time to balance the base units and reward units.
ick312 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2014, 09:38:13 am »

forgot to add:

FJ armor on assault grens and Flammenwerfergruppen is also questionable
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2014, 09:45:13 am »

Even OMG guys said, that EiR is better than OMG only cause of docs. EiR without docs isn't EiR.

Unfortunetly, devs won't return docs and everyone knows why. I don't want to blame tank, but HE said, docs will be off for a week. It's more than a month now. I know it was dev team decision, but still... Balancing doesn't have sense without docs, because if you move them back, there will be a shitload of unbalanced stuff. So... The only logic way is to balance while having docs or disable docs forever Cheesy

Blame tank for what? I took them off, but I can put them back on myself in about 2 minutes. But it is absolutely pointless to put back broken docs on broken balance.

You guys can QQ about docs coming back all day long, but they are broken and our balance is broken, so we are not going to bring them back like that.

Once base units are balanced, then we can start the task of balancing the docs. It was 100% impossible to balance the two at the same time. If waiting a few months to finally balance a game that has been fucked for 3 years is too much of a problem for you, and you feel OMG is better, then please move along to the better game (in your opinion)

In the meantime, we will continue to bust our asses to try and fix our broken game.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2014, 09:58:42 am »

protip: you will never have a balanced mod unless everything is equal
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2014, 09:59:33 am »

Blame tank for what? I took them off, but I can put them back on myself in about 2 minutes. But it is absolutely pointless to put back broken docs on broken balance.

This is why I do blame you. Do what you want, but I think, that balancing base units and then trying to balance docs is pointless.

For example : You buff HTs HP and then returns docs. With TH they have better armor and stuff, so ppl will be qqing about lack of balance.

Next : You guys buffed Tigers accuracy and range. Now let me take HEAT and look how Tiger is OP atm.

Give this man a medal.
ick312 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2014, 10:00:14 am »

BS asymetric balance is possible, based on mathematical evidence

This is why I do blame you. Do what you want, but I think, that balancing base units and then trying to balance docs is pointless.

For example : You buff HTs HP and then returns docs. With TH they have better armor and stuff, so ppl will be qqing about lack of balance.

Next : You guys buffed Tigers accuracy and range. Now let me take HEAT and look how Tiger is OP atm.

Give this man a medal.

somehow also a good argument, even i need to admit that tank is having also a good point

Wulfi i really believe, that balance is possible. A Rating of DPS and HP could be used as basis for this. For example: Rofleman cost 200 MP now Stormies cost 300 MP => Stormies need to be 50% better then Rofleman.
Crazy units like KCH, having a good armor, and a good short range gun. derive the % how much they are better at short/mid/long range and how much more HP they effektively have compared to rofleman, then adjust price and pop.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 10:07:57 am by ick312 » Logged
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2014, 10:03:56 am »

BS asymetric balance is possible, based on mathematical evidence

You mean, Hicks mathematics Cheesy ?
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2014, 11:37:37 am »

Please read previous posts before you post.......

You whole  argument is centered around bringing back current doctrines. We have stated numerous times in other threads and just now in this thread that we will balance doctrines after the base units are balanced. You do not balance doctrines by bringing them back exactly the way they were before you changed the units.

You guys can QQ about docs coming back all day long, but they are broken and our balance is broken, so we are not going to bring them back like that.

So here's the process in simple to understand steps:
1.) balance base units versus base units to best acceptable level.
2.) review doctrine design and ensure all doc buffs are relative to the new base unit balance. Adjust doc design and/or buffs prior to release.
3.) Release adjusted doc for play testing
4.) Tweak docs as required, just like the process we used for base units

This is what should have happened  3-4 years ago, but the Dev team at the time thought you could balance a games base units, at the same time as docs, while still trying to keep vCoH stats.
In fact, it is mind sets like yours GrayWolf that has created this cluster fuck in the first place.

Now we are fixing it.
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2014, 12:10:18 pm »

So here's the process in simple to understand steps:
1.) balance base units versus base units to best acceptable level.
2.) review doctrine design and ensure all doc buffs are relative to the new base unit balance. Adjust doc design and/or buffs prior to release.
3.) Release adjusted doc for play testing
4.) Tweak docs as required, just like the process we used for base units

For me it looks like 2 years of work Smiley

In fact, it is mind sets like yours GrayWolf that has created this cluster fuck in the first place.

? Game was balanced, just few things were OP. Now this stuff, PE infantry, Tiger and Pershing are far too OP.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 12:17:53 pm by GrayWolf » Logged
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2014, 12:12:10 pm »

Dbl
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 12:15:17 pm by GrayWolf » Logged
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2014, 02:33:14 pm »

? Game was balanced, just few things were OP. Now this stuff, PE infantry, Tiger and Pershing are far too OP.

This is a very good example of why you are not on the team to do it. Can't imagine why it would take you that long?

? Game was balanced, just few things were OP.
lol....... do you realize how silly that sounds?  It's kinda like saying she is not pregnant, she just has a small baby inside.......

Most of the units are Balanced
Most of the Docs are Balanced.

We fix the docs that were unbalanced. We fix any doc that affect a base unit that was changed..........it's not rocket science Wolf.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2014, 02:45:37 pm »

The issue with bringing the docs back, is the system of doctrines more than the unlocks themselves.

The T4s need to be balanced not just against other T4s, but what previous T3 and less unlocks you *might* have.
This, obviously, causes some similar builds with the same T4 (but different other choices) to be OP or UP (or broken!).

So, we'll probably have the doctrines (in their current state) brought back in at some stage, but will have to look at how they work overall and perhaps change that mechanism.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2014, 02:47:57 pm »

Yeh HEAT tigers when I have 0 ap round 57mms.
HE pershings when I have 0 cloak paks.

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2014, 03:26:35 pm »

Yeh HEAT tigers when I have 0 ap round 57mms.
HE pershings when I have 0 cloak paks.

We have said numerous times that we are NOT bringing back doctrines in their current state. I don't know how else we can spell this out for you guys......

one more time....... we are balancing base units. When that is complete, we will look at doctrines and balance what needs to be changed.

Why would we bring back doctrines that were created around unbalanced units in the exact same form we took them out in?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc