Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:23:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 10, 2024, 03:58:45 pm]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Ukraine thread  (Read 45944 times)
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2014, 01:51:33 pm »

I've lived in Russia, I speak some Russian and I have a Russian girlfriend. I can assure you the Russian internet is not censored. Sure the state-run television and newspaper companies have websites that are super biased, but there is absolutely no restriction on Western media. I've always found it odd, but I suppose Putin in his oldfashion ways doesn't see it as a potential threat.

Censoring the internet isn't necessary for the propaganda to reach it's target audience and it would only backlash if they did it. Why do that when you have Russian counterparts to Fox News all over the place and the comment sections/forums/message boards are filled nationalistic Russians doing Kremlins job for them. There's even talk about the Russian government hiring people to sway public opinion on the internet but that might just be a conspiracy theory, though I wouldn't put it past them.

Demon posession is real and it's not funny, it's the creepiest thing you will ever experience.

I would also like to add I watch fox news everyday all day and will continue to watch it while being proud of that fact. I'm sure you enjoy your communist news network just as much.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2014, 02:10:55 pm »

Nah the hiring thing is more than likely true, they're all over the Russian comment sections too. It's an interesting approach and It's especially interesting how with the Crimean crisis they are now also targeting the English comment sections of Western websites. It would appear that Putin is going all-in on the propaganda war on this one. Too bad it's a waste of money, I don't think anybody is going to change their opinion based on a comment to a news article, though I suppose it's more about 'tipping the scales' in terms of there being a dominant opinion and making it look like there are plenty who disagree with the 'dominant opinion' portrayed in the media. (Which may have some effect for sure, but it's hard to really measure)

Call me an optimist but I think Russia's youth and middle class is becoming increasingly skeptical of Putin and if the economy goes down the shitter and starts affecting the daily lives of these people I can't imagine they will keep quiet.Regardless of the whole Crimea situation. It's only a matter of time.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 02:22:12 pm by Unkn0wn » Logged
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2014, 02:12:09 pm »

lol..... cuz I am going to rely on interwebz for reliable information?.........lmao

I understand the argument, many people are too lazy to 'pick their sources' so to say, but the fact that the internet has been such a powerful tool in the fight against oppression proves that the impact of uncensored internet is not to be underestimated. It's a good start when you CAN pick your sources at least, in some countries like China that's entirely out of the question.

As for not trusting the internet? It's so incredibly large and diverse, I don't see why you couldn't trust the right sources. If I lived in the states for instance I would probably trust some good websites over Fox/MSNBC and whatnot any day.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 02:15:57 pm by Unkn0wn » Logged
Bear Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2014, 07:40:00 am »

The Ukrainian should fast leave the Crimea and East-Ukraine and flee to Poland.
Than must the EU help them for start a new life and the Russians can be happy with her system.

Brothers stand tall!

Erst die Heimat, dann die Ferne.
Erst die Erde, dann die Sterne.
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2014, 10:20:47 am »

Who told you, that we want Ukrainians in Poland ? Actually we aren't comarades or anything. Ukrainians always tormented Poles (since 1648 : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khmelnytsky_Uprising) and what is funnier, they now are asking us for help. And I'm not talking only about historical things. I remember stories of Poles in Ukraine, who were beaten and tormented by Ukrainians a year ago.

We can give them money, food and all, but if you want them flee that bad, let them flee to Germany Bear.

EDIT :

Sorry, no info in english : http://katolickapolonia.com/Polacy-na-Ukrainie.htm (translate 2 first sentences or more if you want)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 10:26:38 am by GrayWolf » Logged

chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2014, 10:53:07 am »

What the fuck do you mean with "us", do ou even live in poland?

This community is full of a bunch of mindless idiots with memories like two year olds.

https://www.etsy.com/de/shop/ShitGlitter?ref=l2-shop-header-avatar
I'm not sure what you're so defensive about Tank.
 he makes shab look like a princess giving food to the poor.
Bear Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2014, 11:30:29 am »

Who told you, that we want Ukrainians in Poland ? Actually we aren't comarades or anything. Ukrainians always tormented Poles (since 1648 : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khmelnytsky_Uprising) and what is funnier, they now are asking us for help. And I'm not talking only about historical things. I remember stories of Poles in Ukraine, who were beaten and tormented by Ukrainians a year ago.

We can give them money, food and all, but if you want them flee that bad, let them flee to Germany Bear.

EDIT :

Sorry, no info in english : http://katolickapolonia.com/Polacy-na-Ukrainie.htm (translate 2 first sentences or more if you want)

Roll Eyes What do you make with your brain, wolf?
wtf, do you think who will pay it if I say EU?
Germany will pay it, ufeelme?
it will bring much money to poland and at least it will help west-ukraine on long term.
it will be peace in europe, all can make businesses and make money, only with russian will EU not longer make businesses a long time.....
Bear Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2014, 12:12:26 pm »

Roll Eyes What do you make with your brain, wolf?
wtf, do you think who will pay it if I say EU?
Germany will pay it, ufeelme?
it will bring much money to poland and at least it will help west-ukraine on long term.
it will be peace in europe, all can make businesses and make money, only with russian will EU not longer make businesses a long time.....

or you think "US Army to proceed with planned exercise in Ukraine" will be better for Poland?
http://www.stripes.com/news/us-army-to-proceed-with-planned-exercise-in-ukraine-1.272551
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2014, 12:50:59 pm »

Yea running away from the aggressor generally works  Roll Eyes

If Russia then comes knocking on Poland's door should the Poles just flee to Germany?
Bear Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2014, 12:59:07 pm »

Yea running away from the aggressor generally works  Roll Eyes

If Russia then comes knocking on Poland's door should the Poles just flee to Germany?

Somewhere must be the border between Russian and EU and I dont think that Russian want really a war vs the NATO.
Russian will only capture the West-Ukraine if it come to skirmishes....
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2014, 01:02:42 pm »

Whats wrong with the border of Russia and the EU being at the Russian border? Just because Putin is stuck in the 19th century when it comes to gepolitics doesn't mean we all should be.

Who told you, that we want Ukrainians in Poland ? Actually we aren't comarades or anything. Ukrainians always tormented Poles
Are poles seriously that narrowminded to be upset over something that happened almost 400 years ago?
Bear Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2014, 01:04:45 pm »

belive me the russian fascist will create a situation which us all in europe not make happy...
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2014, 02:12:15 pm »

Russia has started censoring the internet to silence critics.

I think this will backfire on them in the long run, but might work short term.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 02:19:28 pm by Sachaztan » Logged
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2014, 02:54:58 pm »

Well there goes the non censorship. I sincerely hope it backfires hard.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2014, 04:03:19 pm »

I pity the fool who did nazi that coming (Ouch, that was bad). Stull, all that's left us a few angry speeches, arrests of jews gays and we've got ourself a full on nazi germany re-enactment here!

I was partially kidding when I joked about that before but, uhm... This doesn't exactly help their case.

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2014, 04:54:10 pm »

Whats wrong with the border of Russia and the EU being at the Russian border? Just because Putin is stuck in the 19th century when it comes to gepolitics doesn't mean we all should be.
Are poles seriously that narrowminded to be upset over something that happened almost 400 years ago?
I dunno man im still shitty at the english and their mistreatment of scots

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
rolcsika0128 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2014, 05:58:14 pm »

mrshark Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2014, 06:29:58 pm »

Ikraine Ukraine we all kraine for Ukraine
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2014, 06:15:19 am »

Roll Eyes
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2014, 06:37:02 am »

yadigg

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc