Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2024, 08:20:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AP rounds  (Read 5024 times)
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« on: March 14, 2014, 04:57:40 pm »

bren carrier ap rounds and mg ap rounds.

yo dawg, why are they so shit? Does fuck and all, u feelme

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 06:40:42 pm »

They shred HT's and LV's (With the exception of Stuart armour vehicles) nicely.

Two bursts is usually enough to wreck most HT's and LV's.

What exactly is the problem?

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 07:45:49 pm »

the accuracy and only 2 uses

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 07:59:25 pm »

That's enough to kill a Marder Tongue
provided you shoot it in the rear, and your brens actually manage to survive the gauntlet of PE AT
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 08:56:08 pm »

AP rounds give +50 penetration.

Not x50. +50. That means AP rounds should literally penetrate absolutely anything in the game from any angle (So long as nothing derps in the code, I'm looking at you 95mm Cromwell, still not a clue wtf is going on with you...) making the AP rounds restricted only by the damage they deal and their accuracy.

8 RoF, 4-5 second burst means 112 - 140 damage against a Marder (0.5 damage) per burst if every round hits. Marder has 375 health, so you're looking at an average of 3 full bursts to kill it.

The accuracy though is a bit skewy... 0.15 long range, 0.3 medium range, 0.35 short range for the MMG and 0.2 long, 0.4 medium, 0.7 short for the .30cal. On paper this looks pretty terrible (For the MMG in particular), but the reality is that half your rounds are going to scatter into the target vehicle anyhow.

There's also the perk of the MMG: You can ram the thing down a target's throat and open up at point blank range, ensuring that nearly every single round will hit. Using a pair of MMG's to do this will ensure the death of anything HT/LV that doesn't have Stuart armour within 2 bursts (From each MMG) for a pretty fair investment.

At stand-off range, AP rounds won't be killing much outright, but they'll definitely make whatever you point at fuck off some place else. At close range they'll simply shred the target.

I could see the uses going up to 4, but really the ability itself is fine.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2014, 09:45:04 pm »

4 uses would be nice, should they survive their field presence would be bolstered
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2014, 11:17:14 pm »

FYI, you don't need to activate AP rounds to penetrate the rear of a Marder.

Well it was sarcastic... I don't think, XIICorps is that much retarded

XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2014, 03:44:13 am »

No it wasn't.

Also, not knowing how AP rounds work doesn't make him retarded...
I know Ap rounds pen the front of a marder.
I know AP rounds always pen the rear of a marder and other similar open topped vechs.

Like one game I played where 4x brens mmg's with AP rounds zapped a Nashorn to <5% but frontally couldn't kill it.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2014, 04:12:36 am »

they don't prioritise when AP is enabled and the aim time is bullshit, it doesn't seem effective unless the light armour is sat 5 meters infront of you
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2014, 09:16:49 am »

is it possible that the ap round only comes out of 1 gun the carrier?.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2014, 09:47:37 am »

is it possible that the ap round only comes out of 1 gun the carrier?.

I think we have the winner.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2014, 10:40:53 am »

they don't prioritise when AP is enabled and the aim time is bullshit, it doesn't seem effective unless the light armour is sat 5 meters infront of you

Priorities is a fair argument. Unfortunately about the only way I can think of changing the priorities on the fly would be to do a weapon switch when the ability is activated - A lot of work for AP rounds.

Aim time usually isn't bad, but you can be unfortunate enough to sight your target on a reload, which takes up to 6 seconds. Kind of like finding a blob of non-AT inf with an Ostwind to point your gun, fire one round, and reload at them. Things like this make me want a manual reload button for all units that use magazines.

Effectiveness and distance is alright tbh. If you could full-health rape a LV in one burst at max range then I'm sure there would be no end of complaints lol.

I'd have liked to increase the uses for the upcoming patch but we've already compiled it. -.-'

tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2014, 11:59:25 am »

Things like this make me want a manual reload button for all units that use magazines.

In the mean time - could a person ground fire while idle to ensure the unit is is at full reload? Pretty micro intensive, but so could a manual button?

Edit: Or does it automatically start a new cycle with a new target?

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2014, 12:25:14 pm »

You could attack ground, but the Ostwind for example has a pretty big magazine, and it'd give your position away if you're in the fog of war.

Then you've got things like the Quad (Or even assault inf, people have wondered why their KCH has died when what happened was all 3 guys reloading at once when an engagement started) that can't attack ground, but has a horrifically long reload time so you're fucked if you fire one burst then have to reload.

Magazines are carried from engagement to engagement.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2014, 02:51:14 pm »

A reload ability is doable but fairly odd for CoH, there's a command called "promt reload action" however I'm not sure it'd be worth it unless, well, you can't see the ammo count. Most units have insignificant reload timers to.

Did any other mod work in an ammo counter? I haven't checked around for a long time. On the same note I think there is an option to enable reload bars, a bar that shows the time until the weapon is reloadedl. I have not tried it yet but it's in the RGD's.

But I digress, getting a bit off-topic.

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2014, 03:08:28 pm »

Yeah, you mentioned that reload bar before. It may be worth looking into if it works tbh. Any magazine based unit would benefit from it immensely.
taco355 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2014, 05:46:55 pm »

Would it be possible to have the unit reload after being out of combat for so long?
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2014, 04:45:07 am »

Fixed!

So the AP ability ran out or what?

Anyway, if you know that they always pen, how come you said they had to shoot the rear?
no. Not with 4 of them and 2 uses. They literally just wouldnt kill it. Due to crits on ap rounds or something im missing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc