Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:40:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Today at 04:28:22 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PE] Pak36  (Read 4677 times)
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« on: May 26, 2014, 12:09:11 pm »

How about giving pak36 a APCR buff. No one really uses it, so maybe this will resurect this unit Smiley

NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 01:25:06 pm »

Its true potential is its ability versus light vehicles. It has medicore infantry accuracy as well, by no means is it effective versus infantry but it sure can hit them more often than any other anti tank gun. It is fast and mobile as well. Ironically if enemy gets their hands onto it, it will counter everything you can field as PE. (except P4 IST, Hetzer, JP and Panther).

It is poor versus medium vehicles tho- which it isn't meant to counter, I'd say, give it Focus fire or something as a tier 3-4 ability.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 02:13:11 pm »

I remember when my entire PE company got wiped because my teammate kept losing his pak36s...brutal.  And it will hurt ISTs.  As for hurting allied light vehicles, the problem is that it is only going to fire one or maaaaybe two shots at them before they get around it, at which point it is screwed, and the damage output isn't enough to really threaten those LV's.  I'd be in favor of looking at giving it treadbreaker.  It would only get used in a few situations, since it would have to be pointing the right way already, but it would give the weapon a chance to get extra shots off at the target if it is positioned properly prior to the attack coming in.  This way you don't have to mess with the damage at all, and perhaps make it very OP vs infantry.

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2014, 02:30:05 pm »

I really can't stand tread break, it feels like a fix for stupid.

Lolk 45 range 40 second (Or permanent if you hit rear armour) engine damage. The ability lets you murder any single target with impunity, last thing I want to see is more of it.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2014, 02:37:33 pm »

I really can't stand tread break, it feels like a fix for stupid.

Lolk 45 range 40 second (Or permanent if you hit rear armour) engine damage. The ability lets you murder any single target with impunity, last thing I want to see is more of it.

truth.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2014, 02:50:40 pm »

Man, not sure treadbreak would be a good idea o...

Welp, can't give what it already has.

Didn't we nerf it quite heavilly to? Wasn't it well over a minute before?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 02:55:15 pm by nikomas » Logged

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2014, 02:57:44 pm »

Is there a strong opposition against giving it a tank-like accuracy vs inf? Maybe not vs ATG crews.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2014, 03:00:02 pm »

Is there a strong opposition against giving it a tank-like accuracy vs inf? Maybe not vs ATG crews.
Dat akward moment when I have to point out that it pretty much has...

Nobodys used the thing since it was buffed have they?
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2014, 03:01:42 pm »

Well GJ if you did, but if something sucks for eons then you sort of forget about testing it. I might give it a try in some tard game so I dont have to stress if it blows.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2014, 03:05:46 pm »

i have used them.  they hit enough for me to avoid fighting em if i have a choice.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2014, 03:45:15 pm »

Ask heartmann about them,  he was using them for awhile, they hit what they need to his hard. With the added bonus of camo, high rof and mobility. Unlike say the bofors which will prioritse an ist over inf

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2014, 10:19:42 pm »

I have used them. They hit infantry once a while but I wouldn't call it a infantry killer as some people are making it sound like it.

48% chance to hit infantry in long range is not amazing but it is certainly better than other anti tank guns. I don't recommend calling these things on to shoot infantry with.

On the treadbreak ability tho, it is kinda hard to pull it off since it has that 45 range on it and it takes far longer for it to pop it compared to LATHT so it ain't the easiest thing to pull off but it certainly is possible.
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2014, 08:21:57 am »

I have used them. They hit infantry once a while but I wouldn't call it a infantry killer as some people are making it sound like it.

48% chance to hit infantry in long range is not amazing but it is certainly better than other anti tank guns. I don't recommend calling these things on to shoot infantry with.

On the treadbreak ability tho, it is kinda hard to pull it off since it has that 45 range on it and it takes far longer for it to pop it compared to LATHT so it ain't the easiest thing to pull off but it certainly is possible.

+1
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc