Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:18:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Today at 04:28:22 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: heya city map  (Read 10972 times)
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2014, 12:40:00 pm »

more sectors means the game will end sooner with map control and leave no room/time for comeback

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2014, 12:45:42 pm »

Screw rear sectors then, make it two giant uncappable rear sectors and then 20 in the middle  Cheesy

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2014, 12:53:34 pm »

More sectors doesn't result in fluid gameplay. More sectors means you need to stop to cap all the time. Forest and Neuville both have few and large sectors.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2014, 12:55:48 pm »

Good question. Hard to say I guess.
The down side to an urban map is it can be pretty easy to lock it down with HMG/Mortar teams, so a larger number of sectors is probably important so it does not become a camp fest.

If you put in the extra sectors and they are not needed, then they will just stay capped in friendly territory. If you do not put them in and they are needed, then you are going to be forced to do a map rework for anyone to play it.

just an opinion is all.

my other idea was in the first screen which will be city like environment, but not loads of buildings and fairly open which is the most favoured maptype, so, similar map but different visually
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2014, 01:09:04 pm »

More sectors close to spawns actually makes backcapping less effective. Im surprised nobody took that idea far in any of the maps... unless it's the size of the sector that counts?

At any rate you could  just have some grey sectors in middle.. something also never tried

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2014, 01:13:41 pm »

Urban environments get locked down with HMG's when there are regular large open spaces between clusters of buildings. If you want an urban map to work, you've gotta pack the buildings in well, having open spaces as the rarity rather than the norm.

A lot of urban maps in the past have put together a lot of buildings but have made large open areas between the clusters. Skaffa's latest urban map is a good example of that, the middle and left side have a lot of buildings, but big open areas that you can lock down with an MG a piece making the right flank the only non-building area but it's not wide enough to avoid ATG/MG arcs. 3-4 MG's and 3-4 ATG's can effectively lock down the middle band of the map and then the three people have all the rest of their pop to play with, making it GG unless your opponent is running a ridiculous amount of offmaps or arty.

Then, you've got urban maps like the one Tank made which plonks a dense town in the centre of the map, meaning anybody that pushes you out for a minute or so can drop 2-3 MG's along the side of the town facing you and effectively lock you out permanently. This seals off 2/3's of the map (Or more if they put you at arm's length of the support weapons) and you slowly bleed to death.

This is why I like Villers Bocage so much. It has open areas around the middle (Even those are walled up until you clear it), but the left and right sides of the town are at least two alleys wide meaning you've always got options to duck into. The town itself pretty much starts from spawn to spawn making it difficult to get completely pushed out of it. On top of that, the very edges of the map have got hedged field which provide good cover to flank and back cap around.

You try and play that map though and the first thing people cry is that you're running a fuck ton of PIAT's/Stickies/StuH's/whatever.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2014, 03:54:14 pm »

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2014, 06:18:43 pm »

Another deadbolt map that will go unfinished...

Why god.... why?!
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2014, 07:06:11 am »

Finish le map tbh keeps

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2014, 11:06:46 am »

maybe, i got distracted
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2014, 12:35:11 pm »

maybe, i got distracted

i bet real creator of the map just stopped posting pics and db now u dont have any more new pics to steal and brag about ''your'' map

fly over the hills

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc