Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:30:45 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 25, 2024, 04:28:22 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: maps  (Read 9116 times)
GORKHALI Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: June 09, 2014, 12:25:22 pm »

Hey guys , I would like to volunteer to make maps work that r having problem with pathing and changes or sectors , and i won't take any credit for it .I know many of you might not believe on me coz of my stubborness in the [ast with maps , but i shall work on that and listen more to the guys out there, I know there r other ppl  who r better then me out there but as i said if the map owner is not present or if i get the permission to change the maps i would gladly do that and i shll not take credit for it .

first of all wat i want is name of the maps and problem its having so it will be easier for me to fix it .

PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 03:43:24 pm »

Please fix Egletons.

1: The cars, cars are only crushable by heavy tanks which means that they identical to large tank traps, having the entire city filled with tank traps makes for terrible pathing.

2: Too many large trees around this area (screenshot below). The trees are not crushable, so they will mess up pathing.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 06:17:04 pm »

Pony please those large trees are few and far between. If you cannot navigate them then please l2play.

Those cars on the other hand do pose a rather annoying problem to most vechs. Cant say I personally have had much trouble with them tho.

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
GORKHALI Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 07:20:35 pm »

Anyone else wanna add tips or changes tey wanna see in the map , before i start on Egletons to fix things that pony stated,post it here.
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 08:00:34 pm »

Nobody really likes to play inside the city. The city feels dangerous, making it a big barrier in the middle of the map, resulting in everyone staying on the right side of the map 99% of the games.

Imo the town should be a bit more open with more green cover walls around the houses.

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
GORKHALI Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2014, 12:58:14 am »

well why do u need green cover when u use smoke all the time, anyway i could put wall and fences all around but then it could lead to restrict direct movement of units. overal thx for the tips.
GORKHALI Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2014, 12:17:57 pm »

Is ther anyother map u want to see changes post here, and i will see wat i can do.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2014, 03:52:06 pm »

Sure, how about D-day. So many people QQ about the beach we might as well remove it.

I would suggest stamping the map and put the beach area out of bounds, just to keep the esthetics. You will need to increase the map size on the other side so the map does not become too narrow.

Other then that, I think the map will be good as is.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2014, 04:16:40 pm »

Sure, how about D-day. So many people QQ about the beach we might as well remove it.

I would suggest stamping the map and put the beach area out of bounds, just to keep the esthetics. You will need to increase the map size on the other side so the map does not become too narrow.

Other then that, I think the map will be good as is.
no way tank dday is perfect.
That beach offers a risk vs reward system.
Sure it can be blocked by mines, but damn near every game its used to the detriment of the opposing team.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2014, 04:28:18 pm »

no way tank dday is perfect.
That beach offers a risk vs reward system.
Sure it can be blocked by mines, but damn near every game its used to the detriment of the opposing team.

ummmm, then why so much QQ from skaffa, Ray, & Aero about it?
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2014, 04:35:21 pm »

but damn near every game its used to the detriment of the opposing team.

You do realise that this is a generalist statement that can apply to both teams?

In simple terms, it's an incredibly stupid thing to say.

Like, thinking mineflails should increase Sherman speed level of stupid.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2014, 05:24:54 pm »

Beach definitely needs to be opened up so you can access it. D-day is a narrow map and with all the buildings and hedges it can result in some pretty slow games. Remove the cliffs and tank traps and just open it up, have an open beach that can be used to flank the town.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2014, 06:02:09 pm »

ummmm, then why so much QQ from skaffa, Ray, & Aero about it?
since when did those 3 voices represent the entire community ?
You do realise that this is a generalist statement that can apply to both teams?

In simple terms, it's an incredibly stupid thing to say.

Like, thinking mineflails should increase Sherman speed level of stupid.
Its hardly comparable to that hicks, sure the beach is a little chokey, maybe if it was widened it would make shermans with mineflails faster.
GORKHALI Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2014, 05:22:47 am »

SO , do u still want D day map be reworked Huh

and how do u want to see the beach like , for example juno beach , theres no cliff  or i can make multiple acces to the beach instead of just two and keep the cliffs.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2014, 07:31:12 am »

I think no matter what you do to the beach, some players are going to QQ about it.

I would suggest just stamping it out of bounds and increase the map on the opposite side.

GORKHALI Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2014, 09:22:01 am »

I think no matter what you do to the beach, some players are going to QQ about it.

I would suggest just stamping it out of bounds and increase the map on the opposite side.

so u want me to put the beach out of the map .
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2014, 10:12:25 am »

The beach is a good idea, just too restricted in the current version. Make it an open beach so that players can assault the beach then proceed to attack the town, that way it's more like D-day landings  Grin
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2014, 05:56:48 pm »

The beach is a good idea, just too restricted in the current version. Make it an open beach so that players can assault the beach then proceed to attack the town, that way it's more like D-day landings  Grin
like gold sector ?

Dday plays well, but I think it could just be improved by smoothing out the beach.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2014, 05:58:26 pm »

Well then.... I guess smooth out the beach & open it up and see what happens. If there is still QQ, then do as I have suggested.
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2014, 09:54:44 pm »

Gorkstar, do you still have that 4v4 Normandy44 map? It was pretty good and I think we can use more 4v4 maps. Im thinking of making 1 as well. Yours was good, bring it back?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc