Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:35:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The war map and other noob questions  (Read 14724 times)
Falconmuc Offline
EIR Regular

« on: August 17, 2014, 05:23:38 am »

I reinstalled EIRR about a week ago and to my (pleasant) surprise i still found some players and a few changes.

My biggest question:

-Even after reading the thread about the warmap AND watching the tutorial on youtube, I still don't get what I'm doing and what I get from that. If I click on "Advantages", I get to the supply room, and there are so many similar and confusing numbers that I don't understand. For example I can pick whether my company gains big bonus mp/fuel/mu medium bonus for the other two and small bonus for the last one. But what does all the other stuff mean Cheesy? for example there is a -10/cycle next to my big bonus....so I guess the country I'm in needs to resupply me and thus looses mp/fuel/mu for me every cycle? But then there is also this war map card which let me reduce the mp supply of my sector by 10 and why the f would I do that?

-if a reward card unit dies, is it gone forever or does my company then gain a new one?

-i can check the box "campaign game" in the battle screen....that does what?

-also i was told that much of the stuff on your company screen does not apply anymore, for example reserves and support supply and that stuff. Tbh thats VERY confusing even for someone who already had played this game for some time. I wouldn't be surprised if this is scaring away new players.

-The other day I made an US infantry company and had no clue what their officer does? Same as vCOH Wehrmacht officer?

-so apparently you can vet higher than 3, but I only see the requirements for vet 3 in the company screen? So how do I know what a unit needs/gets on vet4+?

Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 10:53:54 am »

Bit of a long post, but I've tried to answer your questions in full.

-Point one:

Advantages are there to customise how you want to apply your factions current resource advantages to yourself, just pick whatever your company needs. The actual mechanics of how they are gained and progress isn't so important for the moment. This is because the warmap is no longer being worked on for this launcher, as the current launcher is mechanically unsound (Total mess of coding, EiRRMod is in the process of putting together a new one for EiRR2 and it will have a much more coherent warmap from what I understand).

The only real thing you need to watch out for with the resource advantages is how much supply a sector has. If the sector's MP/MU/FU has gone low enough to be yellow or red in the advantages page, then you ideally need to move or start supporting your sector rather than defending or attacking. Yellow or red on the advantages page means you'll be getting less resource advantage coming in and be at a disadvantage.

-Point two:

If a reward card unit dies, then it is dead. You have to get your hands on a new one, so use them wisely. Common and uncommon cards are pretty easy to get ahold of though, so it's really the rare/legendary stuff you need to keep your eyes on.

-Point three:

The campaign game button was used quite a while back when we were doing independent campaigns in the forums, clicking that button blanks out who is on each team until the match starts, or at least it did. I'm pretty sure it's non-functional now, but even if it were it's not really necessary.

-Point four:

The stuff in the top right of the company screen is the only area which has stuff that doesn't apply. The PP count in there is now redundant as it's shown on the doctrine page, and the supply pool was there when we had artificial limits on the total amounts of units allowed in a company. It was (relatively) recently decided that pool was to be discarded so the reserve pool was set to 999. Essentially, you can have as many of any unit that you want so long as you have resources for it. The only exception is hard capped units such as heavies or super heavies, but they'll tell you on the unit info when you mouse over it.

These haven't been removed from the launcher as previously mentioned EiRRMod is no longer working on the current one except for emergencies. That means very little on the launcher itself will see any change from this point on, until we have the new one.

-Point five:

Yeah, Officers are kinda ambiguous in the whole not-showing-what-they-do kind of way. Ideally the launcher should show what they do, but again, launcher isn't being worked on.

For the benefit of yourself however, the US Officer gives a local aura (35m) buffing your infantry for 1.15 accuracy and 1.2 suppression (That is, your weapons deal 20% more suppression).

The WM Officer has an ability based buff on recharge that gives a local aura (35m) buffing your infantry, and any infantry nearby that is on your team for 1.25 damage and 1.2 accuracy. The aura lasts for 20 seconds and recharges in 120 seconds.

I can also find any other officers buffs for you, if you need them.

-Point six:

Vet goes up to 5. Vet 4 is 2x vet 3 and vet 5 is 3x vet 3.

The requirements haven't been put into the launcher because whilst it doesn't require EiRRMod to change (Stuff like that doesn't require directly messing with the launcher, it is done SQL side in the background which the launcher draws from), it still requires putting in the descriptions for every single unit's vet 4 and vet 5. Which is a LOT of work when you consider there's over 100 units in this mod to do individual descriptions for.

A lot of work for 2 vet levels that aren't even properly balanced at this point. They were introduced mainly as bragging rights and used a set framework for the buffs, many of them not really making sense. For example, the M10 gets 20% less received penetration at vet 4, which does a grand total of nothing.

Hope this post clears up your questions for you.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
Falconmuc Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 12:42:42 pm »

thank you for that post, that really helped me.  Smiley  it would be enough if could point me to the location where you got that officer data from, if its not in some game file form. what i would be even more interested in is vet bonus data. In terms of is it worth it to retreat units early in comparison to do i let them fight on to the death?
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2014, 02:02:46 pm »

I pulled the Officer stats directly from the game files (RGD's) via use of a program called Corsix's Mod Studio. There is a post lurking around which details the Officer buffs, but I'm pretty sure it's outdated by now. If you're not enthusiastic about diving into the files yourself, you can request the info you need and I'll dig it out, so long as it's not a ridiculously long request lol.

With regards to retreating units for vet... It's entirely unit dependent and player skill dependent.

Unless you've got a high value unit or high player skill, it's normally always more cost-efficient to fight a unit to the death rather than retreat it.

However, the main exceptions would lie in mainline combat infantry, and retreating at 1-2 men remaining as it's pretty easy to do (1 if 4 man, 1-2 on 5-6 man squads). The other exception would be heavy/super heavy tanks, as their vet buffs really shine on already powerful units.

Biggest ones to avoid vetting up (As a new or low skill player) would be support weapons, light vehicles, medium tanks and Snipers. Medium tanks may seem a little odd, but you have to maintain at least 50% of their health to guarantee a successful retreat, and 2 ATG rounds can drop you to that health level in a flash. As soon as that happens baby-micro takes over and it's easy to forget everything else exists and blam, there goes half your (or your teammates) company.

Technically, you could vet up any unit so long as you've got the skill and awareness for it though. Play units to the death whilst you learn their strengths and weaknesses and then start vetting them up once you know how to get the most out of them, would be my ultimate recommendation.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2014, 03:47:10 pm »

Hey thanks for answering this Hicks - it saved me typing a long post, and as far as I have read, you are spot on.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Falconmuc Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2014, 06:27:01 pm »

Thanks once more, i feared the only way to get this information is to dig into game files, but honestly you shouldn't be forced to do that just to know what a unit does AT ALL (looking at you officers). This also means pretty much nobody knows what vet4/5 does?
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2014, 07:32:11 pm »

pretty much.  The only vet 4/5 I know is one of them gives American tanks a 20% speed bonus.

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2014, 08:01:05 pm »

Wasn't there a document on here somewhere with all thr vet4/5 buffs.

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
Falconmuc Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2014, 07:17:42 am »

Another question: I have Elite Grenadiers, which can be upgraded with Brens for 75 Mun, but these Brens are replacing G43, so it seems like I pay 75 Mun for a very slight upgrade? Or am I mistaken and the Brens are indeed worth 75 Mun over G43? Im asking because my company is kinda Mun starved Cheesy

And coy seems to be the common abbreviation for company?
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2014, 07:31:00 am »

Not worthy, since you have to stay to fire

GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2014, 08:10:31 am »

Try for yourself. I got my elite grens vet 5 last time and G43s are better than brens (no button anymore, only for defense). You can try putting 4x brens into a halftrack, but it's risky a bit.

(Not directed at Falconmuc): Didn't we used to have them named ZB vz. 26's for the Elite Grenadiers?

Bren is bren. Name is different, but bren is bren. Wait, was it one of yours Why-they-hate-alpha questions?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 08:13:04 am by GrayWolf » Logged
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2014, 09:10:52 am »

Gray, you're wrong on brens and G43's so shuush now, tig is correct for the most part. You're also more insufferable than tig recently so you shouldn't be using that line, lol.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 09:13:53 am by nikomas » Logged

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2014, 09:21:18 am »

All what I said was :

If you want to spend your 75 munition, when
my company is kinda Mun starved Cheesy
Then g43s are a better choice imo. Like I said their DPS may not be the best, but still they have better accuracy vs covered inf I think. G43s on Elite grens are awesome, that's all what I wanted to say. No corsix here, just what I found out.

What's the deal with DPS, if you cannot hit infantry anyway. Also g43s rape infantry in building. By rape, I mean Bukkake rape.
Since it transformed into balanced thread, lock it. Let the new guy test stuff. If you have any questions :
http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=28466.msg490114;topicseen#new
Someone will answer you without trouble of making the thread. Smiley
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 09:25:05 am by GrayWolf » Logged
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2014, 11:29:16 am »

Still number aren't actual gameplay, for example you cannot fire and move. Also g43 is still better on the long range and like you said vs tommies. I see no sense in this discussion, since every of this weapon has it's good and bad side. Think it was enough for the new guy.
Close the thread please.
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2014, 12:48:20 pm »

Even if I give "false information", somehow... I wrote he can use them and check which is better. On the other side, I haven't seen you running elite grens alpha. (http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?page=65)
This was my first post :
Not worthy, since you have to stay to fire
I wasn't saying g43s are better, but brens aren't worthy. For the price you can get like 2x Panzerfaust or LMG and g43s. This makes Brens bad in my eyes. Not only some stats. For allies it's different and for axis too. Exchanging Rifles on brens IS different right?
Would you not start the balance talk based on stats without gameplay experience every freakin time? Do we have to argue with each other everytime?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 12:57:20 pm by GrayWolf » Logged
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2014, 01:18:00 pm »

Lets knock it off with the bitchfest shall we please.......

Even if I give "false information", somehow... ..............

If you give false information, then no amount of "explanation" changes the fact it is false information.

Thanks for the information Tig. Also - don't let tards drag you into an argument and feel the need to explain yourself. In other words, stop stating how much better at posting you are now. We see it, no need for you to point it out.

In conclusion:

Gary, stop being a Tard.
Tig, don't get trolled by Tards.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2014, 01:28:17 pm »

I turn away from a reasonable new guy thread having his questions answered for one day.

ONE DAY.

Wtf happened here?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 01:57:26 pm by Hicks58 » Logged
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2014, 01:41:18 pm »

If you give false information, then no amount of "explanation" changes the fact it is false information.

G43s are better in some situations and brens are better in the other. If you bring Elite grens with g43 you have a proper long range anti-cover infantry, which actually can CHASE THE TARGETS (move and fire). Bren is not better IN EVERY ASPECT. WHERE IS THAT "FALSE INFORMATION"? I got vet 5 with them twice and I'm telling you: veted up EGGs are lotta better with g43s in most situations I found on the battlefield. Also you can put "spared" munition into some extra load as I said before. In EiR price also matters and 75 munition isn't something that lies on the ground.

If yours company suits brens better, okay. That's what I tried to say by "put the into HT, but it's risky".
Mine SE was better with g43s, just saying.
Every weapon is different in a specific gameplay or a map type... DPS isn't all that matters, don't you think? The only "tards" I see are the people, who doesn't play and speak about balance based on one aspect.

just if you don't have the spare munitions to buy them
Im asking because my company is kinda Mun starved Cheesy
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 02:06:19 pm by GrayWolf » Logged
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2014, 02:04:32 pm »

G43s in OMG mod make me want to cry they so broken.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2014, 02:11:07 pm »

G43s in OMG mod make me want to cry they so broken.

I'm done.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc