Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:33:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 04:28:22 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What would spark your interest in EiR2  (Read 34235 times)
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2014, 11:40:56 am »

Hurr Hurr, them random teams blundering into stackgames without knowing... That'll be fun  Wink

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2014, 12:18:37 pm »

Hurr Hurr, them random teams blundering into stackgames without knowing... That'll be fun  Wink
The only unhappy person's gonna be Rollinghamster Cheesy
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 01:44:46 pm by GrayWolf » Logged

TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2014, 03:32:11 pm »

Fun people to play with and against, one of the most dreadful thing when playing EIR in 2014-13 was that people were just shits(myself included) because the rest were shit, Nijo left(had a kid) Dæmon left(banned?) Riki left(fucking dota) Rifle left(Guess) Woh(noidea, just stopped playing i think) lionel, pudding so on and so on but even tough they were complete shits when playing alone or with a group the didnt know, when they played together they were a fucking blast as they knew they were all fucking around.

Now all the all thats left are some german twats and a polish guy.

Oh yea, the only reason why nobody ever played GC games was because it was always a stomp, nomatter what you tried it would allways end up as myst night and some other jerkoff that would do nothing but hunt down all your vet, Youd never get a fair game as it was never a random, it was always a planned game where they would just hunt on the weak(as in anyone that wasnt them)

if you are gonna implement GC games back make it so that the teams are randomized when RTL is activated, otherwise you are just gonna end up with the same old husk of a good idea.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 03:38:56 pm by TheIcelandicManiac » Logged

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2014, 04:36:37 pm »

if you are gonna implement GC games back make it so that the teams are randomized when RTL is activated, otherwise you are just gonna end up with the same old husk of a good idea.
Why have we not done this already? Select 1 allied & axis coy, click GC, get randomized team when there are 6 players or whatevs... seems cool enough.

Launchers probably why but... it's a neat thought.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2014, 05:00:21 pm »

Why have we not done this already? Select 1 allied & axis coy, click GC, get randomized team when there are 6 players or whatevs... seems cool enough.

Launchers probably why but... it's a neat thought.
The GC thing worked when you had 30 odd players in the launcher, these days with the 8 or so at one time its kinda pointless as you can still predict teams being stacks or not.

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2014, 01:40:23 am »

XII made a good idea with random GC teams, it woulda be cool4sure.

Make GC games rewarding players a lil bit more than regular ones. Other way GC aint gonna work.

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
rolcsika0128 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2014, 09:21:41 am »

Make it so that you can only get legendary cards (TA , SP etc) in these GC games. Ppl will flock to them if they want cool stuff.
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2014, 12:00:15 pm »

XII made a good idea with random GC teams, it woulda be cool4sure.

Well fuck you too buddy.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2014, 04:59:45 pm »

Make it so that you can only get legendary cards (TA , SP etc) in these GC games. Ppl will flock to them if they want cool stuff.
You realize that any number times zero is still zero. and thats how populated the launcher feels most days.

A certain few may play them if there were better rewards but it still does nothing to stamp out the rampant stomps and broken shit.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2014, 05:46:11 pm »

You realize that any number times zero is still zero. and thats how populated the launcher feels most days.

A certain few may play them if there were better rewards but it still does nothing to stamp out the rampant stomps and broken shit.
We're talking about EIR2 here, which would currently be a rebuild of the coh1 mod at the moment, so suggestions on what particular broken shit and a possibility to lessen stomps would go a long way Wink

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2014, 09:24:18 pm »

We're talking about EIR2 here, which would currently be a rebuild of the coh1 mod at the moment, so suggestions on what particular broken shit and a possibility to lessen stomps would go a long way Wink
ATM broken shit thats rather annoying would be, AVRE/Sturm range/cooldown.
Officer buffs stacking e.g. Defofficer/MLT&LT buffs stacking.

Id even go as far as saying that AB bombing run is too accurate vs its damage output and thus broken cost wise.

These are just a few but there are alot more that have been brought up and forgotten.

FIXES FOR THE NOT YET IMPLIMENTED STUFF ASAP, IF THEY AREN'T POSSIBLE TO CODE, IMPLIMENT SOMETHING POSSIBLE ITS BEEN 4 FUCKING YEARS.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 12:20:47 am by XIIcorps » Logged
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2014, 11:42:05 pm »

We're not talking here about balance, but design annoyence.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2014, 05:07:02 am »

overall game is great and fun to play but need some ideas to make players stop that nonsense with camping in launcher to get a stomp. It's players like hans who are doing more damage to a game than broken balance. Needed system which gives you something even being stomped so player could play without fear of losing vet and not getting back anything to compensate loses.

what about bringing XP grinding back for buying doctrines like we had in the past? But let XP being gained only in GC random games. So players who want level up companies must play random game with random team8s. It will slow down stacking a lil bit i think because only stacking in regular mode (in launcher i mean) will give you just a game and win but no XP to level up your company. Also in GC game you can give modifier (dunno if u can code it)
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2014, 12:31:54 pm »

GC mode has to be combined with something shab, otherwise three people will just time it up and all join the random game at the same time, thus leading to them stacking.  Someone mentioned randomizing teams after readying for supply, which could work, but only if each person is limited to one ally and one axis company like in OMG, and I'm not sure they want to do that.  Also some people refusing to play allies hurts the mod too.

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2014, 01:37:35 am »

Also some people refusing to play hurts the mod too.
fxd

The actual meta is about using OP shit vs OP shit. Gimmick vs gimmick. If one player refuses to use gimmick, he'll lose. Restricting more vehs/weapons would be a good start. Let's say 5 stuarts max., so you have to mix them with other lv if you still want to spam LVs. Same with RRs and double shrecks. Maybe moving back the pool would be a good idea?

If it comes to question, why people play axis more, you can find answer in CoH2. It's not because Axis are better, but because it's more fun. I have a feeling, that allies are all about blobing, because it's simply the best tactic atm.

I would suggest a debuff aura for blobing the same kind of unit. Blob is 20 men for allies and 15 men for axis in the same place imo.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 01:51:40 am by GrayWolf » Logged
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2014, 02:02:46 am »

fxd

The actual meta is about using OP shit vs OP shit. Gimmick vs gimmick. If one player refuses to use gimmick, he'll lose. Restricting more vehs/weapons would be a good start. Let's say 5 stuarts max., so you have to mix them with other lv if you still want to spam LVs. Same with RRs and double shrecks. Maybe moving back the pool would be a good idea?

If it comes to question, why people play axis more, you can find answer in CoH2. It's not because Axis are better, but because it's more fun. I have a feeling, that allies are all about blobing, because it's simply the best tactic atm.

I would suggest a debuff aura for blobing the same kind of unit. Blob is 20 men for allies and 15 men for axis in the same place imo.
yeh greatly increased recieved acc for units within 5m of eachother would be a start.

I think the MG42 already does something like this.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2014, 03:43:28 am »

Ability to capture enemy support weapon teams. If that is possible, it'd lead into creating new units faction wise equipped with weapon they come with. Each captured weapon (minus immobile weapons) would after came be found in a unit holding spot where they can be 'bought' in to your company.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2014, 03:53:57 am »

MAUS returning as a reward unit, considering current spam on the allies side, would use a berlin wall.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2014, 03:39:58 pm »

yeh greatly increased recieved acc for units within 5m of eachother would be a start.

I think the MG42 already does something like this.

yeah that way brits would get completely fucked over heya.

Faction made to blob--- gets nerfed for blobbing.

basically garry wants this to be OMG mod all over again.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2014, 04:27:34 pm »

yeah that way brits would get completely fucked over heya.

Faction made to blob--- gets nerfed for blobbing.

basically garry wants this to be OMG mod all over again.
Vcoh faction made to blob, we aint vcoh balance anymore.

im not saying they cant blob and 5m is pretty generous distance.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc