Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:48:10 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 25, 2024, 04:28:22 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What would spark your interest in EiR2  (Read 34245 times)
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« on: August 20, 2014, 07:27:58 am »

We are currently working on the design document for EiR2 and would like to see the communities input on the overall design.

What we have in the design so far is:

- No more predetermined doctrine trees. You will be able to mix & match the abilities however you want. Some abilities may only be available to the specific doctrine choice, but most will be available across the entire faction.

- All doctrines will have a resource cost. This way we can make them effective/meaningful and have a way to balance them.

- Goodbye VCoH balance

It would be nice to see the communities ideas of what they would like to see. I would prefer we keep this conversation about design and not balance. In other words, please do not post something like "please make commandos better".

How would you like to see the company builder changed?
Would you like to see something like POP removed, but replaced with predetermined call in groups (like ATG comes with HMG - just a random example)
Would you like to see minimum pop call ins
Would you like to see the repair system changed
These are just random examples of changes that have been thrown around the design table. Absolutely non of them are incorporated or considered included. They are just examples of the types of ideas we want to hear about.

We are redesigning the mod - what do you want to see.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 07:44:57 am »

How would you like to see the company builder changed?
It's cool.

Would you like to see something like POP removed, but replaced with predetermined call in groups (like ATG comes with HMG - just a random example)

No, because :

Would you like to see minimum pop call ins

8 pop, which is 20% of max popcap (without buffs). This would encourage to use  bonus population doctrine upgrades and help mixing call-ins, instead of a single ATG call-in or a single sniper.

Would you like to see the repair system changed
Yes. Having repair on engies would help stay tank on the battlefield. Maybe "stop repair" would also help. Also repair should heal 100% HP by normal to reward players who use their precious vets properly.

They are just examples of the types of ideas we want to hear about.
More reward/doctrinal infantry. Not gonna lie here, *some other mod, which I prefer* has less cool reward tanks, but it has infantry like Devil's brigade and GebirgsJaeger.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 07:47:21 am by GrayWolf » Logged

Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 07:58:45 am »

You are going to keep warmap in EIRR:2 ?

I think it would be cool to get medal next to your name in forums like for killing 100 inf with sniper etc and so on.
Some tasks to have in game would be nice.

Also i think it would be great to gain xp points per game and use them as a money for buying reward units or trade for something.

Bring back smurfing in EIRR:2

Leave POP and abillity call a single unit without mixing it with other units (atg + mg or riflemen) OMG mod has that min 8 pop call-in and its not a great thing to be honest.

Is it possible to code thing like to carry ''stolen'' weapons in game back to launcher? I mean if you found etc shreck or lmg in game with riflemen and squad survives the gun will be available to have in next games. Gun price included.

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 12:30:13 pm »

Some things I've wanted for EIR:

1) Ability to save a company build, allowing you to refill companies after a game without having to through every unit you lost.  If you had a reward unit in the template and you have no more activated, obviously it would leave a hole, but besides that, it would save a lot of time.

2) Original EIR had little writeups that were formula driven that recounted the last battle to take place on the website.  They weren't even that complicated, but still cool to see.  Something like that would be fun to see again.

3) I like Shab's idea of medals or achievements to be listed on a profile, would be fun to keep track of.

Things we can lift from OMG that I think they do well:

1)  They have a leaderboard tracking a bunch of different stats like kills per game, kill death ratio, losses, tank kills, and so on.  I know we have an XP leaderboard, but adding company stats to that would be cool.

2) They limit people to one axis and one allied company.  I think Shab's solution of returning smurfing is the wrong answer, and would prefer 1 allied and 1 axis company per person, but I understand if I am in the minority in this.

Warmap related:

Sort of in-line with the company template thing, I think you should be able to load a few different company builds and if the launcher decides you are getting an attack/defend game, perhaps you switch to a different build, while moving the excess units to the holding cell for that particular game, whereas if you had an R+ game, you might select a different template, again moving the excess units to the holding cell (or returning ones previously put in the holding cell to the company, as that would be the first place the template would look to get the necessary units from).

Other: I'm against anything that restricts how people build their companies, so limiting callins to X pop at a minimum would be a step in the wrong direction imo.  However, keeping stolen weapons would be pretty awesome.

I realize that some of these suggestions would not be easy to implement, but you asked for suggestions, and these are just some things that have been running through my head over time.  Thank you again for your continued dedication to this mod, it has provided all of us with so many hours of entertainment for free, we all owe ya a debt.  Anything you guys decide on will be something we are all excited to see for sure.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 12:31:49 pm by CrazyWR » Logged

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 12:33:39 pm »

1. minimum call out should be whatever but not 8. i don't know how many times ive had 28/32 pop and cal out a atg because i need more pop to make it happen, which then leads to silly tanks raping around the field untill you get pop, so you basically just throw stuff away to get 8 pop.

So just leave it as is.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
ick312 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2014, 01:06:45 pm »

spark my interest?

easy:
1. change the metagame that tactics and teamplay win and not LV spam.
2. ban those guys whose only goal it is to troll arround.

till then see you in omg
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 01:09:24 pm by ick312 » Logged

I don't know Wind, that whole 21 virgins thing kinda peaked my interest a little .......
From fucking kids to fucking christ, jesus heartmann. Just stop already you filthy monster, you are only making it worse
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2014, 01:10:38 pm »

Better Warmap objectives and command structure. A simple AI algorithm which suddenly decides to create a event that THIS area is a primary target and all companies that are engaging at it will recieve extra rewards for the effort. A simple Capture sector, Raid supplies till the number is X, lower the defence till the number is Y or defend until number is X and supply until number is Y. Naturally there could be Z amount of these objectives on map. A dice roll warmap Commander AI basically with max Z amount of objectives at a time. To this paragraph I also add what Crazy said, the old after battle text was heart warming.

Also ability to switch company build before battle to match the gamemode without having to rely on plain luck with dicerolls. (same what crazy suggested)

Pool is fine at the moment in my opinnion. Minimal popcap callings increase timer as much as a large one thus having several minor ones can be disadvantage to others while to companies with doctrines buffing the timer it is a advantage.

Each Vehicle to have a crew inside which can survive/retreat if the vehicle gets destroyed or immobilized to a state where abandoning it would be more benefical. Thus making Vehicle Experience and veterancy more easier to retain without.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2014, 01:35:41 pm »

Repair system overhaul - back to repairing units, and have repairs cost MU/sec to perform using any leftover MU in a company (Or a dedicated repair pool people could put MU in to, to make it neater). The current repair system isn't bad, but it's well beyond it's sell-by date.

Pop can stay as it is, but the pop cost of vehicles in relation to infantry seriously needs looking at. Also, minimum pop call-ins is a big no-no, putting strain on your call-in timer is deterrent enough for small call-ins.

Company templates would go a long way, especially for easing in new players or allowing experienced players to customise their own templates per company. E.G., have 3 template slots per company and have one of them be a default company setup (Balanced loadout with sensible call-in sizes, etc) whilst allowing the extra two slots to be defined by the player (As well as overwriting the default setup if desired).

A better "Bench" for units that you put in the holding zone. The current one is messy, especially if you hold on to any and every vet unit you get - For example I like putting single digit exp Grenadiers in there when I'm switching support heavy and using Volks instead. That way, when I switch back to Grenadiers at a later date I've got a bunch of squads that only need a sneeze to vet up rather than a full engagement. You can imagine that after a while, that holding zone can get very clogged.

For the love of god, spaces in company names. It's one of those small things that makes everything look much neater.

Throwing out vCoH balance is welcome news if EiR2 is remaining on CoH1. However, in vCoH2, some serious leg-work would be required to shift from it's standard balance to an "EiRR-sensible" set up. So much so, that I'd recommend sticking with vCoH2 balance until a full design document for ALL units and doctrines is established, numbers included. This of course, only applies if EiR2 is going to be based upon vCoH2.

Fuck off the reward units until the core game is balanced properly. I love new and shiny toys as much as the next guy, but if they wreck the core game balance with their implementation then it really isn't worth it.

On that note... A better system for reward units. I've not got anything in mind for the second, but that system is in desperate need of a change.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
ick312 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2014, 02:13:49 pm »

and give allies some cool units, which are fun to lvl up
chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2014, 03:12:51 pm »

Maybe tie accounts to one side and make sure new accounts can only join the one with less players.
And make leveling up dependent on success, not on grind.
To even it out, there should be dedicated maps for each sector. Going from balanced to imba, the further one side advances, the more fucked up it gets for attackers, making the last sector a real bossfight. Im thinking Deadbolt for ally and Ghorkster for axis maps here, with skaffa maps for the starting phase.
Lower vet requierements.
Change the way u cap sectors, first faction that reaches x number of wins caps it.Simple as that.
To sum it up:
 Make it more arcadey, make it more fast paced, make it more rewarding.

This community is full of a bunch of mindless idiots with memories like two year olds.

https://www.etsy.com/de/shop/ShitGlitter?ref=l2-shop-header-avatar
I'm not sure what you're so defensive about Tank.
 he makes shab look like a princess giving food to the poor.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2014, 04:33:40 pm »

Yeah because those are totally balanced just like terror howie.

I dont want this kind of post in the thread pls. Its not a balance thread, and we dont hate on OMG here.

Carry on, no foul.

I just want EIRR2 to happen, and our playerbase to be reasonably big so we can play it together. Smiley
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 04:35:39 pm by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
crimsonrabbit Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2014, 07:07:43 pm »

I might actually buy COH2 if EIR2 is made. EIR was and still is the shit. The player base is just dead. The only reason I went over to OMG mod is because it is like EIR but alive(its clock is counting down as well). Otherwise, if EIR was alive, I would be playing EIR over OMG.

Go for it, make EIR2. Get a team together tank, you are actually one of the few people at this point who can bring EIR back.

I defy all laws of scienceee.

This is Bunny.
Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination
(\__/)
(+'.'+)
(")_(")
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2014, 08:32:21 pm »

I might actually buy COH2 if EIR2 is made. EIR was and still is the shit. The player base is just dead. The only reason I went over to OMG mod is because it is like EIR but alive(its clock is counting down as well). Otherwise, if EIR was alive, I would be playing EIR over OMG.

Go for it, make EIR2. Get a team together tank, you are actually one of the few people at this point who can bring EIR back.
Thats funny OmG actually died off befote eir did. and has just seen a slight revival much like eir does.

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2014, 01:23:19 am »

Well, I want it in CoH2.

I want an arcade-like mode, where the warmap is not involved whatsoever, you get maximum resources, build the best company you can, and go against other guys.

I also want a ranked progression mode, where you start from the bottom at level 1 with no unlocks or anything, and slowly progress upwards as you play, irrespective of whether there is a warmap or not.

I want company templates, as previously mentioned.

As Crazy said, after-battle reports would be awesome.

I want more objective-focused gameplay/missions, and special scenarios as well. I've designed many of these previously, they add a lot of flavour to the game.

I want realistic maps that reflect the locations they are titled.

I'd love to see more customisability in terms of your units and squads. CoH2 already has different vehicle skins, how awesome would it be to design your own? How cool would it be to outfit your infantry squads with different weapons and upgrades? And name them, so we can keep track on them as they progress.

I don't think the general EiRR design needs a massive overhaul, so I really hope we don't do that. There are just a lot of small tweaks that could be done to really spice everything up.

Outside of the game itself, what else would you guys like to see? More shoutcasts? Analyses on specific units? A wiki? Wink News articles like I used to do?

There are so many possibilities for the future, let's keep this nice and constructive and friendly, and see what we can come up with

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2014, 06:48:46 am »

Wow!

This is awesome guys; really great ideas.

Our goal at this point is to get EiR2 up and running. The simplest starting point is using our current mod. We will try to get this current mod redesigned to fit the new launcher and game style. There are a couple of reasons for this:

1.) The obvious: CoH2 is not moddable yet
2.) By using our current mod we do not need to be focused on the balance end of things. We can just work on the game design and mechanics.

We already know how CoH2 works, so we will build everything to be compatible and then implement the new units when & if CoH2 ever becomes moddable. It is obviously much more complicated than that, but you get my point.

Eirrmod & Xeoniz have already started working together on the new launcher. The launcher is the most integral part of the whole thing and will take the longest to put together.

This is the projected rough time line for the launcher:

- Develop the chat / teams / guild type code.
(1 Month)

- We develop a company creation test area (Nothing fancy) and battle creation area, where 'how battles are made' and other topics have decided we do it.
(1 Month)

- THEN we start on some company creation systems.  Multiple systems all existing on the same launcher so we can switch them / change them if the community hates them.
(2 months)
CommieKiller Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2014, 07:40:13 am »

God knows when Relic will release mod tools for COH2... I am afraid by the time the tool is released there won't be enough player base.  Not to mention how difficult it will be to fiddle around with loads DLC units and abilities. 
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2014, 07:42:26 am »

The worst case scenario is CoH2 never becomes moddable and we are stuck with a better version of our current mod.

Not really that bad of an issue TBH.

But lets try to keep this topic on track with design ideas please.
CommieKiller Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2014, 08:05:54 am »

Remove reward units and place them into doctrinal units and you have to purchase doctrinal units in order to have it in your company.  All doctrines have access to every units, but introduce penalty for purchasing doctrinal unit that is different than your doctrine - such as Tiger tank costs extra resources/pop for Defensive Doctrine than Blitz Doc.

CoH2 pretty much got every EIR units already so there won't too much work on implementing new units.
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2014, 09:35:21 am »

Remove reward units and place them into doctrinal units and you have to purchase doctrinal units in order to have it in your company.  All doctrines have access to every units, but introduce penalty for purchasing doctrinal unit that is different than your doctrine - such as Tiger tank costs extra resources/pop for Defensive Doctrine than Blitz Doc.

Give this man, a big gold medal.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2014, 10:38:34 am »

Additional game types: Where doctrine abilities could be disabled, infantry only, annihiliation, half pop or double pop
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc