Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:09:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 25, 2024, 04:28:22 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What would spark your interest in EiR2  (Read 34240 times)
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #120 on: September 06, 2014, 03:40:49 pm »

Niko was given the go ahead over 2 months ago

Then I suppose I officially give up.

/crusadeover.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
Illegal_Carrot Offline
Global Moderator

« Reply #121 on: September 07, 2014, 02:35:36 am »

Quote from: tank130
Carrot, take that "transparency" slogan and shove it up your ass. No really, just bend over and shove it as far as your fat little fucking fingers can go.
Jesus fucking christ dude, calm down. I don't blame you or anyone in particular, but it's a truth that the mod is in a poor state, and that EiR's development history doesn't bode well for EiR2. With EiR's community as shrunken and fractured as it is, what makes you think asking people to abandon ship and start over will an entirely new game won't kill it outright?

How transparent do we have to be.
It doesn't matter how transparent you think you're being if you're being "transparent" in the wrong places. If I need to dig through the forums to get a grasp of the picture, then you aren't being transparent enough. http://www.europeinruins.com/ hasn't been updated in years, and still displays non-existent features, and the wrong Ventrilo information. http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php hasn't been updated in five months, and there hasn't really been a substantial update since 2013. The most recent thread in the News and Announcements subforum is this one, and the last patch notes are from over three months ago. New players, or older players who are interested in returning, see this and are immediately turned away by it. Even if circumstances limit the amount of work that can be done, you should be making it clear what the problem is, how you plan on fixing it, and what you plan on doing to improve the mod in the mean time. You can still make RGD changes and other fixes can't you? Give us something, even if a brief explanation and apology is all that you can do.

Here's your biggest problem with our transparency - you don't read all the  forums before arriving back after a year absence, then shoot your mouth of about shit you have no clue about.
I read the OP, and I responded to the OP. If your OP doesn't contain enough information for me to write a proper response to it, you shouldn't get mad at me about it. Sorry that I only read a few pages in, and didn't scour the forum for information before responding.

Oh I get it, you think we are a bunch of fucking idiots who will just keep banging our heads against the wall creating the same fucked up system we currently have.
Given that this is exactly what the dev team has done throughout EiR's history, I'd say it's a good bet. EiR suffers from terrible feature bloat, and the dev team have proven themselves to be very good at coming up with features, but terrible at refining them, or scaling them back when need be. We've been told time and time again over the years that "it'll be different this time," so pardon me for not believing you this once.

Simple task you say...... really, tell me more about how you intend to do this simple task please.
Cut out all the bullshit people hate about EiR, and they'll stop leaving. EiR is full of great ideas, but also some really terrible ones. For whatever reason the terrible ones stick around just as long as the good ones, and all the unfun bullshit has slowly been driving people away for years. Remove game-breaking reward units like the Jagtiger, SPerhsing, etc., and disable the warmap if at all possible. Remove all veterancy above vet 3. Change offmap artys from precision-guided mini-nukes to something that actually enhances the game in some way. Fix the Sturm/AVRE. Change officer buffs to about half of what they currently are. IDK those seem like the biggest offenders at the moment. Just a single patch is all it would take to give people hope, and entice people to start playing again. See how things develop and go from there. I just don't see how you can discuss designing/releasing EiR2 while EiR's community seems to be in the single digits.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 02:39:34 am by Illegal_Carrot » Logged

Rifle87654: Give me reward points.
Brn4meplz: I'm drunk.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #122 on: September 07, 2014, 03:07:33 am »

when franchise is not profitable you moving on isn't tank130? EIR:R is an old name with low value  and i don't see a reason to keep that name for you new mod. Now you decide what to do tank130. If i was you i would get new name for new mod anyway EIR:R guys will come to try it and it will be easier for you to promote new mod and it will atract guys from OMG as well and those new players who logged in to check it out and left because EIR:R did not gave them what they wanted.

Don't carry EIR:R's bad smell and bullshit to new mod

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #123 on: September 07, 2014, 03:57:31 am »

Don't carry EIR:R's bad smell and bullshit to new mod

You shouldn't play EiR2 then Smiley

Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #124 on: September 07, 2014, 04:06:54 am »

You shouldn't play EiR2 then Smiley

You see garry it's a huge difference between me and you because i amactually playing this game without excuses stomp, OP allies, OP this OP that meanwhile you are allways coming with stupid balance ideas and than leaving to OMG and spreading that nonsense ''eirr is shit mod'' or ''eirr devs are bad'' and ''eirr comunyti is shit''

Nobody holds you here so why you are keep crawling back in forums? I heard you are making your own mod tell me what is status? Last time you said it's almost done like 7 months ago lol and you coming here trolling about EIRR activity? Watch at mirror you scrub. Can't wait to try your genius balance ideas in you mod lol oh wait it's ''still'' not finished lmao
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #125 on: September 07, 2014, 04:20:36 am »

You see garry it's a huge difference between me and you because i amactually playing this game without excuses stomp, OP allies, OP this OP that meanwhile you are allways coming with stupid balance ideas and than leaving to OMG and spreading that nonsense ''eirr is shit mod'' or ''eirr devs are bad'' and ''eirr comunyti is shit''

Nobody holds you here so why you are keep crawling back in forums? I heard you are making your own mod tell me what is status? Last time you said it's almost done like 7 months ago lol and you coming here trolling about EIRR activity? Watch at mirror you scrub. Can't wait to try your genius balance ideas in you mod lol oh wait it's ''still'' not finished lmao

jesus christ.

this is pretty much pure gold.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #126 on: September 07, 2014, 04:55:23 am »

Made me wanna ply Eir...

This community is full of a bunch of mindless idiots with memories like two year olds.

https://www.etsy.com/de/shop/ShitGlitter?ref=l2-shop-header-avatar
I'm not sure what you're so defensive about Tank.
 he makes shab look like a princess giving food to the poor.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #127 on: September 07, 2014, 06:03:08 am »

It's fucking summer bros. What happens every single summer? Do people stop playing and do stuff in real life? Oh, wait, yes they do!

A lot of you raise valid points, there have been no patches and nothing really seems to be going on, well there's only really a couple people to blame for that, and it's pretty obvious who they are.

EiR:R is past its prime, and regardless of how much noise some of you may try to make, it's not gonna change anything. The new mod is the future, and that's that. It's my understanding that EiR in its current form will be patched and updated to a final version at some point, hopefully without the warmap so we can go back to the good old days, but again there's a couple of people putting hold on that.

Now, finally, you all need to calm down. This thread is done, but any more drama from certain individuals will result in a hefty ban. Some of you just don't seem to learn, and quite frankly I'm more than happy to lose you permanently. Stop the infighting, everyone chill, enjoy September and we'll see where we're at when October rolls around. Peace.

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc