Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:27:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 04:28:22 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What would spark your interest in EiR2  (Read 34234 times)
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2014, 08:27:02 pm »

Vcoh faction made to blob, we aint vcoh balance anymore.

im not saying they cant blob and 5m is pretty generous distance.

With the exception of the movement penalties being removed (The silly ones that make you move at walking pace in neutral/enemy territory without a LT nearby) Brit infantry is pretty much vCoH standard. Their upgrades are a little bit different, but only slightly (Bren minor damage increase to account for no more 3x LT buffs for laser accuracy) and a change of fire method for riflegrenades so they don't suck ass.

Brit infantry is still constructed to be around officers to be worth a damn in combat, and with officers costing significant pop, resources and a hard cap... Blobbing will always be most cost effective for them.

Try using Tommies like you would Grenadiers or PzGrenadiers and see how far you get.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
GORKHALI Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2014, 01:44:00 am »

yeah that way brits would get completely fucked over heya.

Faction made to blob--- gets nerfed for blobbing.

basically garry wants this to be OMG mod all over again.
and wat do u have to say about axis being inf being slaughterd carrying all that fire power and buff. inf vs inf if u look axis inf don't even make a chance against ally inf wat so ever, even kch and oak get slaughterd these days ...looks like they got nerfed but dunno.

as for eir 2 i want to see more inf action then armor, armor should be limited.

Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2014, 04:35:28 am »

In COH 2 i love the opening stages of infantry skirmishes, its bloody brilliant, so much more micro involved, with tanks, it's just a bit of micro, doesn't really matter if you loose them, as infantry AT is fantastically effective.

I'd love to see more infantry battles rather than tanks tbh
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2014, 04:55:00 am »

Why do people always say this? More infantry does not = more intense infantry micro fights, more infantry = more blobs; this has already been shown to be the case when the amount of fuel we received was fixed as to not be at it's super high level. Tanks = less blobs + more micro.

This is actually true.

NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2014, 05:56:23 am »

There is always possibility of making earlier War-era in EIRR. Primary focus on warmap though. A time period which means that only LIMITED access of units would be available. For instance, no US. British versus Wehrmacht and PE basically. Only Certain units are available (this does need serious amount of work in terms of units available. Model wise that is, anything that can be used/borrowed etc.) like material which was available early war and late war. For instance Certain vehicles only rolled for certain era and were replaced due to progress.

This has been planned before, I'm not sure if anyone took them seriously or not but so far what I know is that there has been no progress so far. Basically Early war and late war periods each containing different set of units. VCoH is set 1944 at Normandy Landing that is what everyone knows.

If such can be implemented in the launcher, war map campaign it'd be a pretty nice thing but just a gimmick by itself, however it could be done so that there are entirely different doctrines then and late war. Basically a entirely new gameset which lives by time. Say a six months of early war, six months late war. A cycle which goes through constantly. If time length between early and late are too long one can always shrink it. It means there is constantly something different and gives a new flavor which would take a longer time to wash away.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #65 on: September 01, 2014, 06:06:49 am »

I would rather suggest player's tech tree instead of shared PP. This would actually encourage people to play instead of waiting for "the late war".
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 06:28:14 am by GrayWolf » Logged
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #66 on: September 01, 2014, 06:33:30 am »

It works to have a lot of Infantry in COH2 because you have to be everywhere, and so you have your forces split up. In EIRR you mostly keep your forces together, and you also move around with teammates, whereas in COH2 you often split up from teammates to cover other areas unless a teammate needs help.

So no, this idea of having less tanks would not work in EIRR.
coh 2 you have to manually capture res points you ninny, EIR you cap sectors by occupation.

Its fucking apples and oranges tig.

CoH2 you dont stark with tanks or LV's, you tech upto them.

Fuck one minute you say something intelligent, the next foot in mouth.

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #67 on: September 01, 2014, 08:04:55 am »

Would you mind sticking to the thread? Both of you?
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2014, 12:40:28 pm »

There is always possibility of making earlier War-era in EIRR. Primary focus on warmap though. A time period which means that only LIMITED access of units would be available. For instance, no US. British versus Wehrmacht and PE basically. Only Certain units are available (this does need serious amount of work in terms of units available. Model wise that is, anything that can be used/borrowed etc.) like material which was available early war and late war. For instance Certain vehicles only rolled for certain era and were replaced due to progress.

This has been planned before, I'm not sure if anyone took them seriously or not but so far what I know is that there has been no progress so far. Basically Early war and late war periods each containing different set of units. VCoH is set 1944 at Normandy Landing that is what everyone knows.

If such can be implemented in the launcher, war map campaign it'd be a pretty nice thing but just a gimmick by itself, however it could be done so that there are entirely different doctrines then and late war. Basically a entirely new gameset which lives by time. Say a six months of early war, six months late war. A cycle which goes through constantly. If time length between early and late are too long one can always shrink it. It means there is constantly something different and gives a new flavor which would take a longer time to wash away.

The only part of the war in Europe without US ground troops was the short period before Dunkirk. If we do North Africa you have almost a year of the British getting hammered before the switch in commanders and US landings.

tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #69 on: September 01, 2014, 02:29:58 pm »

I wonder if it would be possible to code it so units can not deploy until pop reaches  a specific time?
If so, then we could create  tier system.....mm.kinda

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #70 on: September 01, 2014, 03:35:30 pm »

I wonder if it would be possible to code it so units can not deploy until pop reaches  a specific time?
If so, then we could create  tier system.....mm.kinda
Yeah its possible.

So you mean tier in game?  Like, inf/support weapons first, LVs etc then tanks etc?

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #71 on: September 01, 2014, 07:53:11 pm »

With it being re discussed,  timeline techs would be an attractive option.

Browsing the rgds alot of units exist eg crusader,  pz3.

The only issue there would be is ofcourse coding timeline progression.

Tho it would be nice seeing the Tiger as the ultimate heavy tank for the 42 period.
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #72 on: September 01, 2014, 10:51:42 pm »

With it being re discussed,  timeline techs would be an attractive option.

Browsing the rgds alot of units exist eg crusader,  pz3.

The only issue there would be is ofcourse coding timeline progression.

Tho it would be nice seeing the Tiger as the ultimate heavy tank for the 42 period.

Well, I could plan tech tree based on PP and player's progress.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #73 on: September 02, 2014, 12:12:54 am »

Well, I could plan tech tree based on PP and player's progress.
Bare in mind we will no longer have T1>2>3>4 in EIR2 but rather a similar system to the current doctrine unlocks.
rolcsika0128 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #74 on: September 02, 2014, 01:27:30 am »

the Tiger as the ultimate heavy tank 

Never thought I'd ever see the tiger with such attributes as 'ultimate' in a sentence. Except maybe like 'the tiger is the ultimate tin can' :ohgodwhyareyoustillsobadtiger:
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #75 on: September 02, 2014, 05:16:39 am »

Yeah its possible.

So you mean tier in game?  Like, inf/support weapons first, LVs etc then tanks etc?

The only problem being if the only counter to a certain unit is a LV or an armored vehicle.

Say KCH, or some shit. Unless Elite infantry shall be tiered too.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #76 on: September 02, 2014, 06:44:03 am »

Yeah its possible.

Ya, pretty much following the same path as vCoH tier system in game. So you would not be able to call on tanks ( or elite inf) until a certain time or "xx" amount of pop is available.

It would certainly help balance I think.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #77 on: September 02, 2014, 07:52:57 am »

Sectioning it off by unit type exclusively would be a VERY poor decision. It would have to be tech level, not unit type.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #78 on: September 02, 2014, 08:38:11 am »

So according to this logic we will not be allowed to use some units in game while time x hits? What if i want to start with tiger or pershing or maybe i wanna get pure AB blob? i dont think its a great idea tbh. It will kill so many strategies game wise. So basically its gonna be like atg + mg + mortar + some inf starting callings. It will make game dull. I dont think it will help balance gameplay. Good players anyway gonna beat bad players no matter what units they will be allowed to use.

So veting up those late game units will be pain in ass and no point doing it at allsince most games lasts 45mins and stomps 20mins max. For example get vet5 tiger in 100+ games and at the end of the day you will be allowed to use it only few minutes? Nonsense.

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #79 on: September 02, 2014, 12:34:01 pm »

Personally I'm not warming up to limiting units the way VCoH did it. It means we'd forget the fact we tossed VCoH balance down the toilet. Simply this should be as it is. All units, whatever you want to start with just do it. Just- don't give light vehicles of any kind the ability to cap. Scout cars are fine in that regard though.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc