Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:16:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 25, 2024, 04:28:22 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CW Balance Discussion amd doctrines  (Read 25782 times)
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2015, 05:05:31 pm »

I do feel that the start could use a small boost in AI capability, now that they no longer get canister shot, as an upgrade.

Tets, are alright, as mandos have stens for ai crushing.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2015, 05:12:50 pm »

I do feel that the start could use a small boost in AI capability, now that they no longer get canister shot, as an upgrade.

Tets, are alright, as mandos have stens for ai crushing.
teh thing is stuarts get it with a T2 unlock on mandos doc.

But other then that its ok Anti LV and mediocre AI

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2015, 06:19:08 pm »

Unit:

I would suggest  a buff to the Bren MMG.

either a increase in accel/deccel(turning speed).

Also the suppression fire  takes forever to actually suppress anything more than a volks so you have to use them in pairs. they also feel like they have garbage killing power.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2015, 06:26:27 pm »

Unit:

I would suggest  a buff to the Bren MMG.

either a increase in accel/deccel(turning speed).

Also the suppression fire  takes forever to actually suppress anything more than a volks so you have to use them in pairs. they also feel like they have garbage killing power.
They have to get close to shred, there in lies the problem a fragile unit closing into HHAT range.

A turn speed buff would benefit them greatly so that inf cant just dance around them
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2015, 07:44:46 pm »

Engineers

17 Pdr emplacements thats never been in, i propose some other buff.

going with the theme,  can we RGD code a beneficial buff after the gun has been stationary.

I just dont know what tho.

How about +5 or +10 range. Tanks and vehicles are already able to dance way out of its range before it's set down to fire.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2015, 07:54:00 pm »

How about +5 or +10 range. Tanks and vehicles are already able to dance way out of its range before it's set down to fire.

5+ range. 10 seems a little to much
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2015, 08:02:16 pm »

Start with 5, use em so how it goes.

Id be happy with 5 from a T2 unlock tho
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2015, 04:55:27 pm »

First it didn't do jack shit and now it's instantly suppressing? Okay....

What about the damage? Is it killing quicker or is it just suppressing hard out?
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2015, 05:12:47 pm »

I'll double check the numbers tomorrow on suppression and see what's going on for the Bren Carrier MMG, I'll double check the G43 as well while I'm at it.

Bit late tonight, but after I'm back from work tomorrow I'll give it a quick pass and see where things may have borked.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2015, 05:51:24 pm »

The Bren Carrier MMG with Suppressive Fire suppresses infantry instantly and is insane... you can't escape it's clutches.
pretty sure its been like tjis for ages, its just being mmando brens get shafted for tets.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2015, 07:19:22 pm »

Well, half the rate of fire of an MG42 and 0.0025 more suppression (0.015 total) is fine, but as soon as you take into account that it can get suppressive fire and can relocate and chase units down easily you have a problem with instant suppression and not being able to escape.

It's even worse when two of these are then used together.
untill you meet a marder
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2015, 09:19:10 pm »

Two BCMMG's can kill a Marder with their AP rounds btw.

if you cant keep a marder away from 2 BMMG, maybe that person should just not take marders at all.

maybe we should look more into the supressive fire ability then. as far as i know only RCA gets the ability so it's not like it breaks the unit for all factions, it just is borked when the ability is used.

it was my thought however that the BMMG is a mobile supression platform for brits because  aside from mass brens and the Vickers they have none. im not saying it should supress instantly but with the removal of heroic charge you have no real way to escape inf blob or fend them off.

Not like other faction's.
_______________________________________ ______________________________

On another note in regards to the Churchill Mk6 people are sayings its op and what not but let me ask this.
Has anyone tried the MK6 without ablative?, as far as i know +95% of the players who play RE use ablative. maybe it isn't the unit that is Over powered but the doctrine is playing a role.

Other than RCA brit docs have been untouched. so are we balancing units without doctrines or with doctrines>?. if we balance the mk6 with ablative im going with yes it is pretty good, but it's not like you have any options  other than ablative im sure without ablative the unit would be pretty balanced.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 09:52:00 pm by aeroblade56 » Logged
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2015, 09:58:38 pm »

if you cant keep a marder away from 2 BMMG, maybe that person should just not take marders at all.

maybe we should look more into the supressive fire ability then. as far as i know only RCA gets the ability so it's not like it breaks the unit for all factions, it just is borked when the ability is used.

it was my thought however that the BMMG is a mobile supression platform for brits because  aside from mass brens and the Vickers they have none. im not saying it should supress instantly but with the removal of heroic charge you have no real way to escape inf blob or fend them off.

Not like other faction's.
_______________________________________ ______________________________

On another note in regards to the Churchill Mk6 people are sayings its op and what not but let me ask this.
Has anyone tried the MK6 without ablative?, as far as i know +95% of the players who play RE use ablative. maybe it isn't the unit that is Over powered but the doctrine is playing a role.

Other than RCA brit docs have been untouched. so are we balancing units without doctrines or with doctrines>?. if we balance the mk6 with ablative im going with yes it is pretty good, but it's not like you have any options  other than ablative im sure without ablative the unit would be pretty balanced.

Ablative +200 hp for a total of 1100.
That line also gives you hulldown -25% incoming damage.

Ill let hicks finish the maths there but basically your going to get a panther range splashy bulk of a machine
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2015, 10:04:17 pm »

Ablative +200 hp for a total of 1100.
That line also gives you hulldown -25% incoming damage.

Ill let hicks finish the maths there but basically your going to get a panther range splashy bulk of a machine

i think the panther still has more range. more pen, better speed.

if i remember correctly hicks said something along the lines of  The comet gun is a pershing gun with less splash and infantry accuracy( im not entirely sure so dont take my word for it)

but that is what i mean, its not necessarily the unit itself that is borked it is because you only really have 1 path in that doctrine.
Tachibana Offline
NotADev

« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2015, 01:59:20 am »

I think people just need to get used to brits having a heavy tank. Yes, I agree turrent rotation needs to be reduced, price increased and pop increased to 16 to bring in line with the other heavy tanks. However, when I see people posting things like (paraphrasing) "why can this thing go toe to toe with tigers" I laugh. Its like asking "Why can a pershing go toe to toe with a tiger". It is the proper brit heavy tank that brits have never haad. So, treat the thing for what it is in game, A higher health but less offensive pershing. Basically, how allies have  to deal with KT.

It's like saying "i can understand his concerns that fire breathing dragons live in far away lands"
americans dont dodge wars.
Quote from: Trapfabricator
Literally, The only thing less likely than this is zombie hitler becoming prime minister of israel
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2015, 02:06:32 am »

Im all for the Croc and MK6 Black prince swapping spots, and itll be even better if scots can impliment the BP model that was floating around.
http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=23609.msg420001#msg420001

Volksy mod has ChurchBP model

@aero, your pretty well right there man, top and bottom T4's are pretty lackluster, and the T3's also have little synergy or effect.

Top and bottom you get somewhat decent churchills, with tank shock and slight inf buffs.

Top and middle are required to get CCT hulldown sensor buff.

But you really want Ablative double repairs for staying power.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 02:27:26 am by XIIcorps » Logged
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2015, 02:26:56 am »

Having seen the Mk6 being used a lot I think that considering it is 500 fuel and essentially requires ablative and double repairs to be made full use of it is no way op. I can agree with the turret rotation going down but I have seen it be nearly killed quite a lot by smaller tanks flanking it.

This thing to the axis is like the tiger to the allies.

On a side note, I no longer have the lieutenant ability in game? Have they re-enabled the passive or broke the brit officers even more?
Fixed the captn, but aero reported to scots the LT is still borked.

What if all the MK6 needed was a ROF boost, so that anything that got in range got its hurt on. But given its speed and vulnerablility you could kite and skirt around it.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 04:45:47 pm by XIIcorps » Logged
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2015, 06:24:18 pm »

It'd like to add that while it is a mini tiger, it's a CCT booster mini tiger...

The rate of fire is already quite insane on that comet gun  Wink

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2015, 07:58:22 pm »

It'd like to add that while it is a mini tiger, it's a CCT booster mini tiger...

The rate of fire is already quite insane on that comet gun  Wink
I ment, 6pdr ROF not this glorious monstrosity.
koimn6 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2015, 08:40:05 pm »

idk why RSE need black prince in this situation..
still they have 17p against tanks, and middle of T1
in my opinion better use them for reward unit..

HOPE FOR MANDO! GLORIOUS!

Quote from: Mister Schmidt link=topic=28726.msg494081;#msg49408
50mm has always been fine exactly as it is, nothing is happening to it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc