Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:08:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 25, 2024, 04:28:22 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Development Update...  (Read 18254 times)
TheDeadlyShoe Offline
Weapon of Math Destruction
EIR Veteran

« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2008, 02:07:04 pm »

What better? There's like, 15 sectors.  They arn't laid out at all.  There's nothing to make better. :|
Apex Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2008, 02:27:23 pm »

They are, and there are 40. The autobahns are the sector outlines, and thats the problematic.
roflmao Offline
Professional Buttkicker.

« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2008, 07:04:40 pm »

Ooooh, Serenissima is right guys. I grabbed a modern map and used the main-roads as a guideline for the sectors.

Thanks for the tip and welcome Smiley.
roflmao Offline
Professional Buttkicker.

« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2008, 07:13:05 pm »

(keep rolling out the comments and criticisms, they are very useful)
Tkaudi
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2008, 07:15:36 pm »

you fail until you map out the conquering of canada... at which point we can declair the mod finished!
|-|Cozmo|-| Offline
Lieutenant General of all Ninja's.
EIR Veteran

« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2008, 07:16:45 pm »

unless you haven't got all that far yet, you haven't really commented on how it will work so all we can criticise is the artwork Tongue.
roflmao Offline
Professional Buttkicker.

« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2008, 07:18:40 pm »

well, keep critisizing the artwork then ^^.
|-|Cozmo|-| Offline
Lieutenant General of all Ninja's.
EIR Veteran

« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2008, 07:19:20 pm »

needs more indigo...
Viscos Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2008, 04:25:59 am »

1. Desolation  (company movment has been cancelled atm)
It is already very hard to get a game going with the launcher, it is the number 1 complaint people have with this amazing mod, once company movment is included in the warmap, using a sector approach would make it near impossible to get a game going.

Why?
Just imagine having your company in the middle of 250 sectors, considering there is about 2 players online at any given moment, imagine bunny hopping around the entire warmap, just hoping you will actually be lucky enough find an enemy player in the same sector you are, and hoping you will being able to get a battle going with him. The player could possibly feel like he is in a desolated world, with no one nearby to play against.. Which I personally loathe.

This is probably the biggest problem with a sector approach.

If we were to use the region/territory approach, this problem would go away entirely, finding a enemy player between 20 regions is so much eaiser and less complex than finding one between 250 sectors.

Ok im going out on a limb here a bit but ill give you my view you others can hate it or what not..

Add one more "AI" division to our division set up, seperate from the players set up ofcourse.. this would work for the player while he is offline and would be battled as Expert Computer.

Your division is always there, if you are not then the computer joins in istead  (maybee a mail notification and 2 hours to schedual battle or chose to let the computer fight) if your division loses it will fall back and have to be placed on the battlefield again by either commander or by player.. (this becouse if a player gets destroyed, fall back and gets attacked again there will be no AI troops avalible and your would lose direcly)

There should be AI divisions the Side commander could put up in gaps etc.. (like a Volksturm divisions or reserves) these are commanded by the side commander or HQ. the AI objective could be to keep the enemy from getting thru lines OR simlply slow down advancements.

AI Divsions would work the same way as a normal divison would work, they would have there own perks and ALWAYS defence doctine (sience it would be stupid to have AI to advance sience there is going to be to much "Decisive battles" over it and just a game of chess from the HQ side.

People Playing Paras could be able to launch para attacks from sertain areas (like from England -> Normandie) from France -> Belgium.. HOWEVER Airborne would have one bad thing working for them during airbourne ops.. NO reinforcements.. once you chose to fly to enemy territory (no frontline fight that is) you will get out of supply to buy new troops with untill you either established a new front using your own allies comming up to brake the enemy frontline and link up with you.

Naval attacks should work at maybee 3-4 places along the coast of W-Europe, these beaches would work as there "supply" point and if the beach/harbor is lost no supplyes again.. this makes it all a much bigger strategy point of view to the game and gives the player means of actualy inflicting damage on the whole enemy team instead of fighting one player at the time and never gaining more then territory.

Well all this hangs on if "can we play AI in EIR mod, using our online setups"

My what.. 5$'s it was a bit more then 5cents ^^
The_Blitz6794 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2008, 04:46:38 pm »

wut if u dont check ur email or dont want the ai to lose ur units but dont have time to fight. ai is fine but not in a recorded battle.
salan
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2008, 05:06:32 pm »

uhm, necromancy for the win.. 2.0 is a myth let it die!

on further note he means Anti infantry, not artificial intelligence.

Wink
GunnyITA Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2008, 10:42:45 am »

i'm new here....i don't know where to post it but i fell to say this:

when i see the number of allies commanders are superiors to the axis and the difference of territories are 91-909...well...i had to say something wrong in the mod.....like ah...uhm.....Wermacth to much OP?
Eleven Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2008, 10:55:51 am »

Commanders is just the accounts made, it does not consider whether they are active to my knowledge.
Kolath Offline
Commander, 2nd Infantry Division

« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2008, 10:56:43 am »

The thread lives again!!!  Ahhh!

@GunnyITA, the idea is that someone has to win.  Even if it were perfectly balanced, player skill would allow one side to win.  Else, we'd just trade back and forth around 50-50.

Kolath's Quote Commandments:
1. Thou shalt not quote the entirety of a post 3 or less posts above you
2. Thou shalt not quote more than 2 nested levels
3. Thou shalt not quote large blocks of text when one sentence would do
4. Thou shalt not quote images!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc