Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 12:41:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Conan release...  (Read 14670 times)
lompocus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2008, 03:01:48 am »

I tried it. It is perfectly stable.

Granted, they could have optimized the gfx engine a bit more. If I can run crysis at high/very high and I can't even run this at high, there's a problem.

It's very ram hungry. I recommend at least, for video memory anyways, nothing less of 512mb.

Combat is actually fun. It's adrenaline-pumping action when you turn off autoaim. Join Bane! I'm in that server as "Lompartucus" XD

It's the second best game aside from crysis.

http://bd1.battledawn.com/referx.php?serv=5&ref=1449
^ The best time waster...EVAR!!!!
 _ - + _ Lompoc Certified  _ + - _
Schultz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2008, 03:17:29 am »

Hows the pvp balance among classes ?
Do caster still own fighters no matter what, even when there are 5 lvls down ?
Does conqueror still suck on pvp the way he did in beta ?
Sieges, crafting system ?
lompocus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2008, 03:36:41 am »

Hows the pvp balance among classes ?
Do caster still own fighters no matter what, even when there are 5 lvls down ?
Does conqueror still suck on pvp the way he did in beta ?
Sieges, crafting system ?

Well, I'm still in the lower levels. I'm around 20.

However, as a caster/fighter mix (@ lv 20 mainly fighter, like WoW's paladin but cooler) I completely dominate casters. They don't stand a chance.

Actually, as dark templar no one up to 5 levels above me stands a chance solo in pvp. Conqueror, for that level, does not suck. They're the only class I'm afraid of.

I couldn't comment on teh rest of the stuff.
Schultz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2008, 03:46:40 am »

Hmm this is weird, its completely different than in beta, which is good Smiley
In beta all it took was a few hits from a caster and you were down.
Anyone else want to comment?
MasonDon Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2008, 09:37:03 am »

Retail is much more stable.

Still waiting for my account to register so I can play...

The install is closer to 34gig btw. Shocked

And yes, the stupid bastards have disabled the ability to play on servers outside your domain... so no usa<>Euro playing. load of shit imo, and they best sort it out asap.

34 gigs? Thats a quarter of my hard drive space....

*goes to clean hard drive of old games and random programs*

89th Armor Division Commander
"Never fight with an Idiot. He'll drag you down to his level and beat you by experience."
Newb Company Setup Guide
Official Stupid Picture poster
|-|Cozmo|-| Offline
Lieutenant General of all Ninja's.
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2008, 10:05:46 am »

and Pr0n!!!
Thtb Offline
The German Guy
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2008, 10:22:52 am »

WHAT 34 gigs?

They shoud pay me a monthly fee for all the space on my plate.

Sach Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2008, 12:04:31 pm »

mines only 25 gigs Sad did i get a knock down version?

Sach Wins! Cheesy

Would people please stop killing my AVREs. Not cool.
salan2
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2008, 12:20:04 pm »

we're on doomsayer if anyone is up for a pvp server Smiley
NLeaf Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2008, 12:23:10 pm »

I have the game. I'm on Bluesteel, its PvP.
salan2
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2008, 12:25:07 pm »

thats cool, but if you want to join a guild instead of freelance / find one... doomsayer is the place to be Smiley
Flack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2008, 01:05:48 pm »

And yes, the stupid bastards have disabled the ability to play on servers outside your domain... so no usa<>Euro playing. load of shit imo, and they best sort it out asap.

IMO the system in place is good. If Euro and US players where too play together i would like too see dedicated server for that purpose only.

lompocus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2008, 02:10:51 pm »

If lag isn't an issue, they should have 2 or 3 mixed servers. You crazy euros brought a nice, fresh feel to EVE (XD)!!!

Anyways, all americans join BANE server!!! It's a culture pvp server, so you can only kill people from the opposite 2 factions. It makes for awesome, sudden, unexpected 5v5 battles!

And I love the way the pvp is done. There's no actual death penalty, so as long as you can run to your target you are safe to kill again...and again...and again. I swear I died at least 20 times on one quest.
anthony210 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2008, 02:30:00 pm »

If lag isn't an issue, they should have 2 or 3 mixed servers. You crazy euros brought a nice, fresh feel to EVE (XD)!!!

Anyways, all americans join BANE server!!! It's a culture pvp server, so you can only kill people from the opposite 2 factions. It makes for awesome, sudden, unexpected 5v5 battles!

And I love the way the pvp is done. There's no actual death penalty, so as long as you can run to your target you are safe to kill again...and again...and again. I swear I died at least 20 times on one quest.

The no death penelty thing is about the only thing I dont like about AoC.  Its stupid that im questing and then some guy comes and tries to kill me.  I kill him but within a couple minutes hes back trying again because you dont lose anything when you die in PvP, you dont even get the little debuff when a player kills you.

Theres needs to be some kind of death penelty, it doesnt have to be too harsh.  But something to make someone not just throw themselves at you over and over because they dont care if they die.

AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2008, 03:03:48 pm »

It should be like EvE's death penalty =)

lompocus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2008, 03:03:06 am »

I hated dying, having to wait 20 mins to do anything, and then spending half of my cash to repair a single piece of armor in wow. I'm so glad I can now freely die 20 times in a quest and still be happy in AoC.

EVE's dp was like that because you so seldom ran into another player, and running into them meant you ran into a goldmine of equipment. That, and it would put a strain on the massive fleet battles that occur in 0.0 where the winner really got a ton of awesome equipment (then again, you'd lose 100 or so ships yourself so eh!)
Schultz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2008, 05:20:54 am »

Death in AoC blows for me, as i see it is like in beta.
Having to suffer no repurcussion for your actions is foolish is my opinion.
Death should be meaningful is some way as to award the winner and punish, the one who loses.
Imagine Eir when you get to keep all vet and all units, but you never lose one unit or a single point of vet.
Imagine an Eir full of vet 3 Kts and pershings and calliopes, and tons of volks, rifles and everything.
This is what most mmorpgs are like, and it is plain crap imo always.
Without the risk - reward, this fondamental factor for every game, what are you left with ? A repetitive process of lvling and lvling and pvping and pvping some more without a point.
Somehow i think these games are only made for kids, not even teenagers.
Maybe they should look at one of the most successful games of all times - Monopoly and see how its done.
You can lose money, you can lose your properties, you can even lose the game.
Imagine someone catering behind the player, and allow you to keep moving around without having to pay anything, just gain.
Its a crap formula for me.
I see to wait on the game that implement full or part loot, skill decay, or something, implement a system that you dont have to farm gear for a year, a world open and fully accessible to everyone.
anthony210 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2008, 07:43:11 am »

I hated dying, having to wait 20 mins to do anything, and then spending half of my cash to repair a single piece of armor in wow. I'm so glad I can now freely die 20 times in a quest and still be happy in AoC.

EVE's dp was like that because you so seldom ran into another player, and running into them meant you ran into a goldmine of equipment. That, and it would put a strain on the massive fleet battles that occur in 0.0 where the winner really got a ton of awesome equipment (then again, you'd lose 100 or so ships yourself so eh!)

Your going a bit overboard on explaining WoW's death system.  Youd spend at most 5 minutes running back your corpes depending on where you died, sometimes just a few seconds.  You wouldnt spend "half" your cash repairing your armor.  At most with a full set of epics from raiding youd spend around 20-30g, at the level your spending that much to repair you should probably have around 1000g or more.  WoW's death system was not harsh in anyway, most would say it was too easy but imo it was right around perfect. 

In AOC, when you die nothing happens.  You just respawn at the rez point of your choice in the zone, you respawn with low health and stam and little debuff that is -1 to a couple stats and thats it.  The debuff doesnt effect combat at all, and the only worry you really have is getting spawn killed by players.  In fact when you die to a player in AOC you dont even get the little debuff.

They need to put it some kind of death penelty.  Otherwise there is almost no point to PVP.  You kill someone and they are back within minutes at full health with no effects from you killing them.  Basically people just throw themselves at eachother over and over because they can, you never need to go repair your armor, you never need to wait for a debuff to go away and the rez points are only a couple minutes away at most.

Like I said, other than the death system I think this game is great, this is just about the only complaint I have.  And there is a dev post on the forums saying they are looking into it so hopefully soon death will mean a little bit more than just a run back to where you died.
Leafedge Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2008, 09:14:27 am »

Well, I'll agree with you guys about the death system. When I first died in game I was worried because I didn't know what the penalty was. Then, to my confusion, I couldn't figure out what I had lost, which made it even more scary because I thought I might jump into battle without something I crucially needed but hadn't noticed I was missing. It was quite a shock to realize that I lost nothing. I'm not sure what should be implemented in the game, specially considering how easy it is to spawn kill. Maybe a loss of experience for now, but not if other players kill you.

At risk of being identified with this, I cite Runescape's old PvP system. It was the harshest that I know of. If you died, (against a player or monster) you lost all but what the game calculated as your best 3 items (and let me say that it wasn't very good at deciding). If you initiated combat against another player and they beat you, you lost everything. (There was actually a mechanism for keeping 1 extra item  under any circumstance, so you could actually keep 1 and 4 potentially). For clarification, the average low level player would have at least 5 items on them that would be difficult to replace, and  as you got to higher levels you would generally have around 10 or more.

My point is this - depending on the game's mechanics, the penalty for death needs to be tailored to the game. In RS, it was a momentous event to die. In any circumstance, it was either not too hard to pull out of combat or pretty obvious that you should know what you're getting into. But if you died you got hit hard. In Conan its a lot easier to die, so the penalty should be light, lighter than what WoW needs or RS, but yes, death, should be a deterrent, not something you do to take a shortcut to a location.

Oh, and as a last note, I made a char on Doomsayer Salan, the name is "Jagdwolf"
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2008, 12:27:06 am »

Made my toon on Doomslayer, Thaltoth, Herald of Xotli will open the path for the Demon God.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc