Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 06:17:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't be a cliquey high school girl.  (Read 18111 times)
[AB]RikiRude Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: June 09, 2008, 08:25:18 pm »

Seriously, try playing with players you haven't played with before. I'm sick of not getting games because a player hasn't played with me before, or that they have to wait for their stacked team- er i mean friends to play. I know that even the slight possibility of losing is bad, but come on, grow some balls. I know that the 10% vet loss sucks too, but as long as you aren't loosing 3 games in a row, it's not going to matter, unless you think people actually think you are cooler or something because you are at a certain place in the leader board.

And how about instead of saying "hey so and so leave the game that spots taken", make the game bigger so the other person can play (I only suggest this for 2v2s, because most people don't want to grow a 3v3 to a 4v4, so that's understandable). Especially if there are near empty axis/allied games around where you know it won't take long to find a person to fill the new slot.

Also if you are so worried about losing vet, heck, build a new company, you don't have to worry about losing vet, plus it gives you the edge of not retreating units earlier for saving vet.

I just sat in the launcher for over an hour, and didn't get a game, even though i could of done two with the amount of time I was waiting.

My available companies:
Allies:
*AB company going for raid assault
  Infantry going for tank reapers
Axis:
*Defensive going for rocket artillery
  Blitz going for lightning war
  And an experimental Terror company going for subversion consisting of all volks and two King Tigers
TodlichPanther Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 08:31:59 pm »

and lose 10% vet for no reason? no thanks.

Also, I lost a game due to not enough anti-infantry units, so airborne get double damage at each vet level.

More changes to come.
HaroquenX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 08:32:56 pm »

Telling people to try playing games that aren't 'full' of their 'friends' (stacked) is like trying to tell Siberia to stop being full of ex-KGB operatives and ice.

We have a fire in the cockpit!

-Tank Commander
Dr.Nick2 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 08:35:00 pm »

I hope your not talking about the game you were in with us Riki. I like playing with you, I had already arranged to play with Jack before that though.
GamerAndy Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 08:40:18 pm »

Almost all my games are 3v3s or 4v4s with the people I play with all the time, sometimes I play in the mornings when none of my people are on and frankly the quality of allied player on at that hour is really goddamn atrocious, I win most of those games but I'm almost always fighting both players myself while my teammate struggles to grasp the english language.  Almost all the vet I lose is in those games

Additionally, at the rate we're losing territories, playing with newbies and potentially generating more losses isn't really that desirable.   All the goddamn newbies need to play other newbs, cause as many wins as me, forceman, mountainman, dboz and 12 get and we still can't stay on the offensive for longer than a day, and now its so bad we're not even getting there.

So far this afternoon i've won 3 3v3 games, a 4v4 and a 2v2 - I've prolly got time for 2 more games (if any axis will play us) and we'll get real close to turning the war - Watch this fancy trick now where I log off and wake up tommorow morning to find "Our Defenses Have Just Failed!"

wtf is the point of this shit any more

For you, Rocksitter!
http://urltea.com/38uh
[AB]RikiRude Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2008, 08:44:19 pm »

No I'm not talking about you Dr. Nick =)

That's actually why I pointed out the 3v3 making the game bigger thing, what I'm mad at took place after.

Also Todd, did you not read the whole part about making a different company?

Furthermore where is the guarantee that you will lose? Seems like most people won't play unless they know 100% they will win, and I'm guessing those people play 99% noob bashing games? they rather stay at the skill level they are at now rather then play a game with a 50-50 chance of winning or even a 60-40 chance of winning in their favor and possibly getting better.

Also in response to Gamer Andy, maybe it's not the noobs that need to stop playing the better players, but it's the better players that need to stop the noob bashing. either way, I know exactly what you mean about the allied losing territories.

Also I want to thank all the players that rather play axis, but are playing on their allied accounts or are creating allied accounts.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 08:46:16 pm by [AB]RikiRude » Logged
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2008, 09:04:42 pm »

Noob bashing is impossible without the new players consenting to it. In other words, if I put a game up, with myself and say Leafedge and 2 new allies join, should I yell at them to get out or play the game?

GamerAndy Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2008, 09:39:24 pm »

That's actually why I pointed out the 3v3 making the game bigger thing, what I'm mad at took place after.

Furthermore where is the guarantee that you will lose? Seems like most people won't play unless they know 100% they will win, and I'm guessing those people play 99% noob bashing games? they rather stay at the skill level they are at now rather then play a game with a 50-50 chance of winning or even a 60-40 chance of winning in their favor and possibly getting better.

Also in response to Gamer Andy, maybe it's not the noobs that need to stop playing the better players, but it's the better players that need to stop the noob bashing. either way, I know exactly what you mean about the allied losing territories.

Also I want to thank all the players that rather play axis, but are playing on their allied accounts or are creating allied accounts.

I'm curious Ricky,
whats your win % on the allies side
If it's lower than 50% than do everyone a favor and stop playing allies because YOU ARE LOSING THE WAR FOR US

I am so fucking tired of winning games and having our war status not matter - We were at "Our Defense is Holding" before my last game, we won another 3v3 (my 4th of the day along with a 4v4 and 2v2 win) and now we're back at "our defense is barely holding"

Before this game we saw a 2v2 go up with Dr Nick and JackMcCrack on the axis side and 2 people - We had 2 axis slots available, and we sat there for 10 minutes with me saying in the chat for them to join our game since i know they're both good players and it would be a fun game

Instead their game fills up with 2 newbie allies (piemansomething and some other guy) who I had never heard of, our game fills up with a couple of average players, and away we go - I'm not trying to single out those players, I know they primarily play allies anyhow, it's just really frustrating having none of these games matter and the war being about to end because so many goddamn shitty allied players are getting stomped.

So the short version for you Ricky, is quit bitching about nobody wanting to play with you - Get better at the game and *GASP* people will want to be on your team, in the meantime you're as big a part of the problem as the axis players who sit around playing lowbies all day.

This would be fixed if the territories were frozen, my biggest thing is I don't want the war to end because i don't want to have to re-tech again for another 20 day war
Dbozbrown Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2008, 09:40:55 pm »

I am just done with playing with people who A: Dont speak English(I know that may sound terrible, but I enjoy this game over VCoH because of the team work players like Mountainman, Andy, Forceman, Jack, and 12 use.  We communicate brilliantly, and its hard to face.  B: Those guys are my friends, of course I want to play with them.  C: I know they can hold their own.  Its no fun to be doing all the work while your teamates run out of units before 20 mins.

I am all for playing other stacked teams.  Competitive games are even more fun and rewarding.  I dont care so much about who I am against, its who I am with.  I will play any team of axis if I can choose my teams aswell.

Speaking of which, how about we have a giant 4 vs 4 using the top players from each faction.  We can have a draft to decide the teams, and arrange a time.  I could see that being alot of fun.  But thats a different thread.
[AB]RikiRude Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2008, 10:24:25 pm »

For your info Andy, I have won 75% of my defending games as allies, I also play axis, but I hop onto my allied accounts when games aren't available, and I'm not whining that no one is playing with me, I get invited to games all the time, my problem is people out right refusing to play games with people they haven't even given a chance, like other people who have been around. It seems like

And for fucks sake, and learn to spell my name, it's right there in the quotes you use. I wasn't singling you out, and I was not even talking about you in this thread, pull the dick out of your ass and take a chill pill. I don't think you've even played with me this war or last war, so who the fuck are you to attack how good or bad I am?

And no AmPm, but people should be sitting around, leaving games where it's an even match to go play with noobs. It seems like some people will only play a game where they have a 100% chance of winning, rather then playing a game where they have a 70% chance of winning. Or saying "no i rather not play, because we might lose, I rather have everyone who wants to get a game going wait in the launcher until my other friends are done and play."
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2008, 10:26:13 pm »

I'm curious Ricky,
If it's lower than 50% than do everyone a favor and stop playing allies because YOU ARE LOSING THE WAR FOR US

Mine is 30% and you know why? because I mainly teach noobs how to play, and i´m so unlucky that 70% of the times we´re up against schultz, chefartz, littlesausage or a nice group of vets.. if nobody does that job, you can be sure we´ll loose sooner.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Leafedge Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2008, 10:32:54 pm »

Speaking of which, how about we have a giant 4 vs 4 using the top players from each faction.  We can have a draft to decide the teams, and arrange a time.  I could see that being alot of fun.  But thats a different thread.

Top players from each faction? You mean this?

littlesausage, CHEFARZT1, Schwarzuhr, puddin
vs
MountainMan, BradAnderson, jackmccrack, TodlichPanther

Too much fun to not point out what that would turn out to be. But on a more serious note there isn't really a good solution to this problem. I've played about 10 games today, 1 axis and the others allied with 1 loss on allied and it really doesn't seem to matter. I'm thinking about just trying to end this war quick and play allies only the next war. It really sucks because I prefer axis but at this point its not even the fact that it usually takes longer to get games. It's that I feel like I'm contributing to the problem when I play axis because I'm not willing to just get a loss on my company to help allies, but at the same time I don't want to help turn the war into another steamroll.

The problem I think is mainly this. The axis side has more units that are tougher than allies. Sure, it has volkspam and whatnot. Both sides can spam, but only axis have things like King Tigers, Tigers, Knights Cross, and some of the really tough units that tend to dominate the leader boards. Thus, players who are goood enough to raise a unit to that vet level are more likely to play axis. This draws a few of the better players over to axis, the rest is a slippery slope. Because more good playerss are drawn to axis because of the unit style, other good players want to play with their friends, eventually drawing the entire pool (besides a small group of those too stubborn to go) to the side which originally had only a small draw over the other side, in this case axis.

I could be wrong, but I think that has a lot to do with it. Anyway, As a last note I'd like to encourage those players that know they are among the best to give allies a shot and try to break atleast close to even on your wins from both sides. It might be annoying, but it will help prevent steamroll wars like this one and also make it possible to get games on both sides. In other words, just try not to be part of the problem.
Lolto Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2008, 10:41:02 pm »

Feels like I'm reading the same threads every day.

Life or Lack There Of
GamerAndy Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2008, 10:50:58 pm »

For your info Andy, I have won 75% of my defending games as allies, I also play axis, but I hop onto my allied accounts when games aren't available, and I'm not whining that no one is playing with me, I get invited to games all the time, my problem is people out right refusing to play games with people they haven't even given a chance, like other people who have been around. It seems like

And for fucks sake, and learn to spell my name, it's right there in the quotes you use. I wasn't singling you out, and I was not even talking about you in this thread, pull the dick out of your ass and take a chill pill. I don't think you've even played with me this war or last war, so who the fuck are you to attack how good or bad I am?

And no AmPm, but people should be sitting around, leaving games where it's an even match to go play with noobs. It seems like some people will only play a game where they have a 100% chance of winning, rather then playing a game where they have a 70% chance of winning. Or saying "no i rather not play, because we might lose, I rather have everyone who wants to get a game going wait in the launcher until my other friends are done and play."

Rickee,
Sorry if i'm terse with you but this now makes 8 games i've won in the last 7 hours, all but 1 of them 3v3 or larger - And yet our defenses are still barely holding.   If myself and the folks I play with are all winning games every other night. 
Check out this crazy math:
Territory wins required to turn offensive:
Territories I PERSONALLY fought over in todays battles:
1 4v4 - 4 territories
5 3v3 - 15 territories
1 2v2 - 2 territories

Since we won all of those games, that means that my group has pulled in 21 territorys defended in the last 7 hours, 6 more than are needed to put us on the offensive.

And yet our "Defense is barely holding" which means we're still -12 according to the system

So excuse me for being a little bit frustrated because ALLIED NEWBIES ARE LOSING FASTER THAN WE CAN WIN

To what Dboz said, I agree - I will take on anyone as long as I get to pick my teammates - I'm not scared of facing crazy vet armies, I'm terrified of being stuck with absolutely incompetent teammates vs crazy vet armies - I'm a good player and I win games where its basically 2v1 but i lose tons of vet, which makes it that much harder to win games when I fight very good opponents with lots of vet.

To what Killer said - Thats noble, I did that last war on the axis side - Unfortunately it's not a luxury I have this war - Apparently its my groups job to win as many games as possible to try to offset the massive BLEED of territories the allied side is doing because all the newbies join the allied side.   I finally finished my teching and if the war restarts then I get to start all over again, which I'm not looking forward to - Why does everyone seem to want 30 day wars?    For now all I can say is if you're a new player, do everyone a favor and play axis for the rest of this war.

Again, all this could be remedied by the territories being frozen where they are, then at least the war wouldnt be about to end.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 10:52:59 pm by GamerAndy » Logged
TodlichPanther Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2008, 12:00:40 am »

i did read the part about making a new company, i thought you were joking that i should waste an hour or 2 for a crap game that isnt any fun.....obviously not, i will read your posts with a more open attitude from now on, and try to to completly ignore them.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2008, 03:08:42 am »

Feels like I'm reading the same threads every day.
big fat fucking ²
CatinHat1 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2008, 07:42:52 am »

i remember last war i was allies and most of the people i was with where noobs and i was training them. Most of my losses where from that i had a top 35% for allies and 68% for axis last war.

Now Andy the tide has change your on allies and i'm on axis hahaha  Wink

116th Leichtes Panzer Battalion
"Windhund"

Medal of Perseverance:
From Last War-TWZCatinHat (41.6 minutes)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcL6DwSufMI&feature=related
DuckOfDoom Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2008, 08:14:22 am »

Funny thing, me and noodles were talking about this exact situation happening a week ago...
Smithy17 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2008, 02:55:45 pm »

I'm curious Ricky,
Well that is a ridiculous attitude to take - not only do poor players have as much right to play as the better players some people have to have less than 50% win ratios for others to have greater than 50% win ratios. If people with less than 50% stopped playing other players would go down below 50% as well and in the end you'd end up with no one left. Also a lot of having a good win percentage is your teammates, if you are good at networking and don't mind leaving a game if a poorer teammate joins you then it will naturally be higher.
Willshire Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2008, 04:17:11 pm »

I play with noobs but I won't play with noobs who I've played with several times that will not learn to stop calling in 3 pak guns at a time or field all AI. A lot of times I've taught the noobs strategies and how to play better and some of 'em that now have higher than 50% ratios.

You'll never win the war by yourself and 3 of your other friends you play with, you've got to get those nub allies to learn how to play rather than letting them indefinitely sap your side of the war. Playing with other people can be great, you can make an EiR friend you can teach someone else how to do well in EiR, and yes you can lose too. The thing is that if you never play with new people your not contributing to the EiR allied community.

I like playing with the axis. Before I was ever on the leaderboard, I had games from time to time with axis leaderboard players. I learned a good number of strats and talked to them about effective counters to some companies I was having trouble with. If it wasn't for those games I'd probably be less of a player than I am today. Looking at the allied leaderboard, it is somewhat sparse in comparison to the axis leaderboard in terms of who the players are willing to play with. I've played with every axis player on the board before I ever got on the board myself, I don't think any of the allies could make a claim like that, and I bet that's the difference in the war.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc