Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2024, 11:21:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sigh. this mod is dieing again!  (Read 12530 times)
PiepsoDJ Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2008, 08:02:30 am »

What everyone is saying is the mod isn't in drive, but in park. Its not in reverse, but its not going anywhere soon until we fill it up with some gasoline. The bigger problem is we far away from the gas station, and we all need to get out and push our car to the station.
    The mod isn't changing or growing. Games are still playing,yes;but the mod itself isn't growing or devloping any further.
Why did the Devs left?
|-|Cozmo|-| Offline
Lieutenant General of all Ninja's.
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2008, 08:04:09 am »

they were burned out, this mod was a lot of hard work, at that was just managing the community Wink, then there was the code...
Thtb Offline
The German Guy
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2008, 08:09:24 am »

Fldash told us he had to spend more time with his wife and now hes playing Conan most of the time.

Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2008, 08:44:03 am »

Maybe he meant his barbarian wife.
Saint83 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2008, 08:52:52 am »

barbarian wife hmm sounds kinda hot
Draygon Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2008, 09:06:05 am »

Fldash told us he had to spend more time with his wife and now hes playing Conan most of the time.

That is my biggest problem with the whole Dev burnout thing.  They are spending the time playing Conan when they could come back here, and probably finish 2.0 in a matter of a week or 2 if they put their nose to the grindstone.  Then they could take a break and come back to work on it when they werent burnt out.  As it stands though I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will come out still, at some point.
Kolath Offline
Commander, 2nd Infantry Division

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2008, 09:12:53 am »

All this has happened before.  All this will happen again.

Kolath's Quote Commandments:
1. Thou shalt not quote the entirety of a post 3 or less posts above you
2. Thou shalt not quote more than 2 nested levels
3. Thou shalt not quote large blocks of text when one sentence would do
4. Thou shalt not quote images!
MasonDon Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2008, 09:23:42 am »

I say we bribe FL- with cheap hookers and beer, and distract his wife with a week long spa visit that has male strippers.

89th Armor Division Commander
"Never fight with an Idiot. He'll drag you down to his level and beat you by experience."
Newb Company Setup Guide
Official Stupid Picture poster
Rahx Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2008, 09:29:14 am »

rofl

why is everyone except me retarded?
AmPmAllied Offline
509th Airborne
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2008, 09:31:49 am »

Its nice too see some things haven't changed, like Brads whining and doomsaying. Oh no, a time that most people aren't on and you are surprised vent is empty? Most of the mods entire life had fewer people on all day than we have now. Sure development has stopped, maybe permanently, but the mod is good and people are playing.

Its almost as if Brad is trying to push the devs into working by screaming the sky is falling and running around.

And if FL- wants to play Conan, let him. Most of you never donated a single $ and expect someone to work hard to give you something for free. I'm sure if everyone was willing to pay a $10 a month fee he'd have 2.0 done immediately =)

509th Airborne
snipes Offline
retarded one
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2008, 09:33:45 am »

hrmm mabye its because dash has a family we need somone with no life, we need phil!

also brad does have a point, this mod is in park, but is it long before it goes in reverse? i mean sure new players come and go but i think that less and less new players are coming since the devs left, and a lot of people are leaving, its just the fact that dash was to slow and hardly got anything done, so when a year of work came around he just got sick of it, i mean i would too, , i understand why dash left but i don't understand why he wont give the codes to anyone, i mean we could actually get someone to get this mod going again instead of stalling
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 09:36:20 am by snipes » Logged

MasonDon Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2008, 09:33:58 am »

What everyone is saying is the mod isn't in drive, but in park. Its not in reverse, but its not going anywhere soon until we fill it up with some gasoline. The bigger problem is we far away from the gas station, and we all need to get out and push our car to the station.

I think this accurately describes your post AND my feelings on 2.0
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2008, 10:53:20 am »

heres a novel idea, Stop speciulating, stop being jackasses and leave the 2.0 and the state of everythign alone. 

Play the game and enjoy and relax.  If r when they come abck, they will, if they don;t stay away from em and stop makin posts. 

I am sure if they look on the fourms and see more bullshit like this, its not gonna make them wanna return becasuse they remember why they got burnt out, Speculation and peopel talking out of there asses with no real information to speak of.

Puddin' spamtm
i cant really blame smokaz i mean playing against puddin is like trying to fight off breast cancer. You might win and do it and be a bad ass but you'll feel sick and mutilated forever.

Puddin' spamtm is soulcrushing... what's hard to understand about that?
Coil Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2008, 10:58:37 am »

No.  Complaining makes the world go 'round.  After all, the wheel that never squeaks also never gets the grease. 

However, it is a very good point that this mod should be developed as fast as possible by whoever possible.  Dash wrote the code and made the initial mod, so it is his.  However, now that his code has created an entire community, some of whom have been playing for 2 years, it is a really bitch move for him to withhold it from them when he gets tired. This community has proved its dedication to the mod by staying around for so long; its not too much to ask Dash to reciprocate and allow the community he built to thrive. 
They Call Me SpitFire Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2008, 11:05:31 am »

I think this accurately describes your post AND my feelings on 2.0

Exactly Right!!Btw I'm not complaining, I'm just a drunk 13yr old man what do you expect?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 11:09:36 am by Désir de nuits » Logged

Nothing compares to a quiet evening alone
Just the one-two of us, who's counting on
That never happens
I guess I'm dreaming again
Let's be more than
No, oh
Crush
Crush
Crush
Crush, crush
(Two, three, four!)
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2008, 11:13:36 am »

heres a novel idea, Stop speciulating, stop being jackasses and leave the 2.0 and the state of everythign alone. 

Play the game and enjoy and relax.  If r when they come abck, they will, if they don;t stay away from em and stop makin posts. 

I am sure if they look on the fourms and see more bullshit like this, its not gonna make them wanna return becasuse they remember why they got burnt out, Speculation and peopel talking out of there asses with no real information to speak of.

Here's a novel idea for you.

The mod ain't dead but it's not going anywhere either.
That being said, a lot of the people here have some right to complain as well after investing countless hours (and or cashŕ into the project themselves. It's not just fl- & Ucross that brought the mod to where it is today. Just because they burn out (for reasons not related to the community mind you) doesn't mean they have to give everyone the finger. Some communication would've been in place, but that has never been this dev team's strongest point anyway.  Cool
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 11:21:43 am by Unkn0wn » Logged
They Call Me SpitFire Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2008, 11:15:11 am »

Here's a novel idea for you.

Unknown if I left this mod you sure are the one I'd miss the most, you always find the best things to say. Cheesy
BradAnderson Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2008, 03:58:33 am »

i'm not trying to guilt trick any devs back into work its just i'm tired of watching a great mod kill itself

[attachment deleted by admin]
PrydainAllies Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2008, 04:48:49 am »

It would be nice to get a bulletin on the whole issue.

On July 25, 1909 Louis Blériot was the first man to fly from France, across the English Channel to Britain in a monoplane aircraft and on July 26, 1909 work on the anti-aircraft gun began. - Al Murry talking about necessity.
Ununoctium Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2008, 05:55:10 am »

If someone could teach me how to mod on vent I'd do it... I already know perl and C++ and I'm a quick learner.
My pc can't handle the map editor though but I always loved making maps before coh and wish I could.

Quote from: shockcoil
Quote from: CrazyWR
My tigers get penetrated by everything.  Its really really frustrating.
Your tiger is a whore
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc