Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 05:40:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diablo 3!?  (Read 37809 times)
Phil Offline
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Phil's fkin batman!
Phil also owns the moon.

« Reply #100 on: July 02, 2008, 04:30:04 pm »

[Removed because I read Blizzard responses...]

Meh, I'll just turn down my brightness way down.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 04:33:11 pm by Phil » Logged
Thtb Offline
The German Guy
EIR Veteran

« Reply #101 on: July 02, 2008, 04:31:54 pm »

Gamma 0.0

Days of War Offline
Official Axis Propoganda Minister
EIR Veteran

« Reply #102 on: July 02, 2008, 04:40:39 pm »

I don't get it, looking too cartoonish? I mean DIII just looks like an updated version of DII. The scenery and creatures don't look much different then the ones in DII. In fact they are even fighting the same creatures from mount arriet (or however you spell it) those berzerker guys.

mhm but it does look more... "cartoonish" then it was in D2. by cartoonish, i mean... basicly the difference from Lineage 2 and WoW. One looks fairly more "realistic" even tho you still see orcs or w/e running around and people using magic.

also, some are angered by the "glowy" or "shinny" environment since it is VERY different from D1 and D2 which were very very dark and.. to an extent... gothic. But i bet if they could add this environment into Diablo 1 back then, i bet they would. Now that graphics and technology has improved so much, they can add what they really wanted to add back then. Smiley

...it's still dark, and it really doesn't look cartoonish. It's just 3D. It looked less cartoonish in D2 because it was sprites.

Phil Offline
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Phil's fkin batman!
Phil also owns the moon.

« Reply #103 on: July 02, 2008, 06:52:44 pm »

It's not dark.. compared to the previous versions it's fucking bright as a motherfucker.
Bodybag2224-Armor Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #104 on: July 02, 2008, 06:57:25 pm »

How bright is a mother fucker?

Profiles: BoDyBaG2224
M26ArmedCav
ThinTag by TripleTags.com" border="0
http://bodybag2224.myminicity.com/
GammaCommander Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #105 on: July 02, 2008, 07:00:18 pm »

It's not dark.. compared to the previous versions it's fucking bright as a motherfucker.

Previous versions? Now that sparks an interest.

AirborneCommander - Blank
DeltaCommander - Blank
ThetaCommander - Axis Defensive
GammaCommander - Allied Armor

http://snarkersville.myminicity.com/tra

http://snarkersville.myminicity.comhttp://snarkersville.myminicity.com/ind
Novox Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #106 on: July 02, 2008, 10:03:44 pm »

yeah it is... fucking gaussin blurred mother fuckers...

Mother fuckers are really bright, and if you catch them in the living room with your mother, you might go blind. Thats how bright they are... (as i say that, it reminds me of king of the hilll..... the 1 episode i watched lmao)

too bad images are disallowed Sad
Days of War Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #107 on: July 02, 2008, 11:51:56 pm »

Ah, yes, well, it is running off the Havok Physics Engine = Source Engine = HDR. I don't see how them adding some effects to make the graphics look better makes it a worse game. Yeah, the last one didn't have it. Then again, they didn't have the fucking technology, since it ran off sprites.
Phil Offline
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Phil's fkin batman!
Phil also owns the moon.

« Reply #108 on: July 02, 2008, 11:54:53 pm »

I see how it is. I see what you are trying to do. I CAN SEE IT ALL.

A motherfucker is very very bright. It's even brighter than the sun. Looking directly onto a motherfucker, while he's fucking your mother, can cause temporary or even permanent blindness. So if you ever hear me in with your mom, stay the fuck out.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 01:40:18 am by Phil » Logged
muha2 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #109 on: July 03, 2008, 01:00:59 am »

No doubt, Blizzard only dlivers quality games.
(Although I personally think WoW is shit :p)

It is definitally the best MMO around. It's shit for you because you hate MMo's. I play it coz im bored, and I do not really enjoy the repetitivness (sp?).
Draygon Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #110 on: July 03, 2008, 07:47:41 am »

It is definitally the best MMO around. It's shit for you because you hate MMo's. I play it coz im bored, and I do not really enjoy the repetitivness (sp?).

Actually IMO its shit because they charge you per month to play it.  There are numerous studies that have been done regarding this issue and it has all but been proven that you can run a MMO with $0 - $5 a month, yet companies like Blizzard who see the $$ flashing in their eyes decided to up the anty and instead of $10 that ALL other MMOs were charging at the time of release decided to go with a $15 charge--thats just plain stupid.  Im mostly mad about it because I used to play Dark Age of Camelot religiously (before any of you queer WoW players even knew what a MMO was) and tallied up the money spent on it-- $700 over the course of 5 years.  Granted thats not a HUGE amount of money over a 5 year period...but I could have done a lot more with that money than spend it on a game account.  I will never play a PTP game again, there is no need for it-- no matter how good the game may look (I think WoW looks like shit btw, cartoons are for kids).  I also dont like it because PvP in WoW is VERY childish and carebear, again if you played DAoC and actually knew what true PvP was you would ditch WoW in an instant and start playing a game with true PvP action.  Warhammer Online will have true PvP action, and while I will not be playing it; it is made by the guys that made DAoC (Mythic Entertainment) so I know the PvP will be awesome because they know their shit...unlike Blizzards MMO guys.
UnDeaD_CyBorG Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #111 on: July 03, 2008, 08:09:55 am »

This thread is NOT about WoW!

UnLimiTeDs 3rd Account
Days of War Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #112 on: July 03, 2008, 09:56:29 am »

Yay for true PvP! That's where Guild Wars is at. Used to play PvP all the time on that. Talk about spending hours upon hours trying to perfect a strategy and eight skill bars.
Thtb Offline
The German Guy
EIR Veteran

« Reply #113 on: July 03, 2008, 10:12:06 am »

Thought True PvP means that players can attack players at nearly evry place and time.
Novox Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #114 on: July 03, 2008, 10:56:16 am »

Actually IMO its shit because they charge you per month to play it.  There are numerous studies that have been done regarding this issue and it has all but been proven that you can run a MMO with $0 - $5 a month, yet companies like Blizzard who see the $$ flashing in their eyes decided to up the anty and instead of $10 that ALL other MMOs were charging at the time of release decided to go with a $15 charge--thats just plain stupid.  Im mostly mad about it because I used to play Dark Age of Camelot religiously (before any of you queer WoW players even knew what a MMO was) and tallied up the money spent on it-- $700 over the course of 5 years.  Granted thats not a HUGE amount of money over a 5 year period...but I could have done a lot more with that money than spend it on a game account.  I will never play a PTP game again, there is no need for it-- no matter how good the game may look (I think WoW looks like shit btw, cartoons are for kids).  I also dont like it because PvP in WoW is VERY childish and carebear, again if you played DAoC and actually knew what true PvP was you would ditch WoW in an instant and start playing a game with true PvP action.  Warhammer Online will have true PvP action, and while I will not be playing it; it is made by the guys that made DAoC (Mythic Entertainment) so I know the PvP will be awesome because they know their shit...unlike Blizzards MMO guys.

Well said Smiley This is the exact same reason i play Lineage 2 on a private server. xD

Im not sure about any other games out there, and even Lineage 2 doesn't feel the same. No RPG out there has the same PvP intensity as Diablo 2 did. No MMO... no Rpg... its just intense with the micro, the items, the skills and the various amount of builds.

I just wonder if in Diablo 3, ull be able to PvP anyone, anywhere. Or will it be like in Diablo 2... where you have to hostile people in town... ew...
Thtb Offline
The German Guy
EIR Veteran

« Reply #115 on: July 03, 2008, 10:57:35 am »

Diablo was not made for PvP. I doubt the chara´s and states where made with PvP in mind.
Srsly, evrything dies to one hit anyway in the later lvl´s.
UnDeaD_CyBorG Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #116 on: July 03, 2008, 11:22:18 am »

I hated those guys trieing to kill me in hardcore mode just for the sake of it.
I always HATED them.
I know some guys (including me) actually making specialized characters built just to kill those stupid pvp whores trying to gank low level players.
Like a lvl 30 necro with over 1000 dps.
Or a pala immune to all elements.
Or a lvl 19 barb with 400+ poison dps.

Pvp always sucked in diablo, because I never wanted it when it took place.
Of course it's appealing to kill that  level 68 sorc that ganked my 21' barb, and seeing him curse me.
But overall it was no gain, it was annoying, and not only in hardcore.
Novox Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #117 on: July 03, 2008, 11:24:48 am »

Diablo was not made for PvP. I doubt the chara´s and states where made with PvP in mind.
Srsly, evrything dies to one hit anyway in the later lvl´s.

yup, therefore the importance of Micro. Especially when it comes to running.

As a WW barb, u had to know how to run right, get unsummon target on a caster, and switch the unsummon with teleport and then use WW. Fairly hard and requires skill.

As a caster, u had to predict where ur opponent would be and blast him from range.

Least skill required classes where FoH pally and Trap sin. but thats another debate.

The game was no created for PvP, but the whole PvP aspect grew on D2, and has become the main reason i played it Smiley

Edit to not double post

I hated those guys trieing to kill me in hardcore mode just for the sake of it.
I always HATED them.
I know some guys (including me) actually making specialized characters built just to kill those stupid pvp whores trying to gank low level players.
Like a lvl 30 necro with over 1000 dps.
Or a pala immune to all elements.
Or a lvl 19 barb with 400+ poison dps.

Pvp always sucked in diablo, because I never wanted it when it took place.
Of course it's appealing to kill that  level 68 sorc that ganked my 21' barb, and seeing him curse me.
But overall it was no gain, it was annoying, and not only in hardcore.

yeah, in hardcore pvp is pretty gay. Especially when a lvl 18 zon with guided arrows comes for your lvl 29 barb and kills you in 1 hit, simply because it has lvl 50 enchant on it, doing like 10k dmg a hit.

but in softcore, pvp is where its at.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 11:27:24 am by Novox » Logged
Thtb Offline
The German Guy
EIR Veteran

« Reply #118 on: July 03, 2008, 12:29:19 pm »

I always blocked the village with bone wall with servers where there where all lvl 1 Charas when i was bored ^^
Phil Offline
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Phil's fkin batman!
Phil also owns the moon.

« Reply #119 on: July 03, 2008, 01:17:40 pm »

Aren't you cool.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc