Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 11:31:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EIR Map Ideas...  (Read 7853 times)
Tym
« on: July 02, 2008, 03:45:10 pm »

Just putting down some ideas I've had and want to see what people think about them, and also just to kinda have it down for later in case I forget.

Idea #1: Chateau - lots of forest, little open ground, one road to a moderately defended manshion/chateau. area around forest has shacks and houses..

Idea #2: Hill in center and has control points ringing it, other stuff around it.

Idea #3: Map like british hill mission except take out mortar bunker and replace with regular bunker, make map longer behind hill and shorter by bridges, make bridges entry point for attacking side.

Idea #4: Trench Warfare: Open field with lots of trenches, sandbags, wire etc. with very few bunkerable buildings

Idea #5: remake map called "hamburger hill" so vehicles can use it and not so many choke points on axis & allied sides of maps.

Idea #6: Make a map centered around a river or lake with swamps and other obstacles.
Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 03:55:04 pm »

I want maps in all those ideas. Every idea sounds sexy.
Warbirds2 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 03:58:25 pm »

#2, #6 have been done.  #4 is bad.  If you want trench warfare, go play a WWI game.
Thtb Offline
The German Guy
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 03:58:57 pm »

If you manage to get 3 others to play my map then i see what i can do with those idears, until then i am not motivated enave.

Wildfire
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 04:12:58 pm »

#2, #6 have been done.  #4 is bad.  If you want trench warfare, go play a WWI game.

doesn't matter if it's been done, matters if it's done my way. I'm not proposing people make these maps but that I'm going to try and bulid them but since I'm at work and i'm on a computer I thought it'd be easier to write it down but I also wanted some feedback.

#4 yeah it's wwI style warfare but there was some of that stuff in WW2. My idea is to make a map with lots of ground cover but not building cover, like you're moving across a huge farm. Maybe I'll make it a huge french or german farm, they had those that extended many acres with lots of open land. Maybe put in a corn field or something. but it'd be great for tanks but at the same time deadly because they'd still have to navagate the trenches and sandbangs and tank traps that will be around the map.

I'm getting some of these ideas from reading this book called "Heroes of WWII" and others from stuff I've seen in WWII movies and such, nothing I'm proposing isn't real, just have to find an aeiral map and map it. I'm probably going to attempt one of these tonight...
Bodybag2224-Armor Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 05:59:58 pm »

If you manage to get 3 others to play my map then i see what i can do with those idears, until then i am not motivated enave.

Interesting attitude. If at first you don't succeed give up?

Profiles: BoDyBaG2224
M26ArmedCav
ThinTag by TripleTags.com" border="0
http://bodybag2224.myminicity.com/
Crono Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008, 06:03:12 pm »

Actually, having a great hill map would be awesome.  It would represent a very real aspect of WW2 and the need for hills.  With hills come great vision, arty range, and defensive capapbilities.  Just a thought.

I will hide this........giant gun.

Pak-38 commander when going into cloak
IrisDane Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2008, 09:16:10 am »

Actually, having a great hill map would be awesome.  It would represent a very real aspect of WW2 and the need for hills.  With hills come great vision, arty range, and defensive capapbilities.  Just a thought.
yeah weren't hills the major targets in world war I&II along with cities?
Wildfire
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2008, 09:20:32 am »

Yes, hills were always a major target. If you had the high ground you could see farther, shoot farther, and it made an easily defensible target.

I just don't want anything like the official hill-331, that's so annoying. If you've played the British campaign then you know the idea i'm proposing. The only thing I would change is I'd close up the western edge of the map so that you get rid of the bridges (playing hochwald last night i found out this is horror for the offensive) and you extend the back of the hill a little bit so that the defense has room to maneuver their armor and room to expand their perimeter but because the hill isn't that high you dont have to worry about getting killed by scout planes lol
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2008, 09:22:38 am »

A hill map would fuck with all of the strafing/recon/bombing runs.
Wildfire
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2008, 09:24:44 am »

you mean the ones that people rarely use? it wouldn't totally screw it but it  might make it difficult. but that's why it's not going to be a major part of the map.

ok, i guess the question i should be asking here is just so i can get this down tonight is...how do i edit an existing map like that from a mission?
Thtb Offline
The German Guy
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2008, 09:34:25 am »

Just keep the edige of the map low, No one woud really mind if a plane just carshes into the hill ^^.

Btw; Hypocrits all of you. Demanding map´s like madmann, but never testing any or takeing the effort to dl a new map, add it to the module, find players, play and give feedback. You just expect them to come out of thin air.
Tym
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2008, 09:38:42 am »

I agree. I love playing new maps but no one ever downloads them, a lot of people still have the old maps even though the new maps came out a month ago. Are the new maps even posted on Mod DB? Is this part of the devs fault?
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2008, 09:44:17 am »

thtb I would download and play your map but I have to do like 8 different things to just get it to play, and other people don't want to do it and tbh I barely know how to do it.
Tym
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2008, 09:53:18 am »

What map is yours thtb?
Thtb Offline
The German Guy
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2008, 09:55:30 am »

http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php/topic,2881.0.html

My first map. Made on Request. Never Tested, never played by anyone besides me.
Kolath Offline
Commander, 2nd Infantry Division

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2008, 10:03:23 am »

I agree. I love playing new maps but no one ever downloads them, a lot of people still have the old maps even though the new maps came out a month ago. Are the new maps even posted on Mod DB? Is this part of the devs fault?

The ModDB website is out of date because the map team doesn't have the ability to edit it.  The most up-to-date map packs and downloads are available in the Map Database sticky in this thread.

In order to edit Relic map, you need to extract them using Corsix tools.

Kolath's Quote Commandments:
1. Thou shalt not quote the entirety of a post 3 or less posts above you
2. Thou shalt not quote more than 2 nested levels
3. Thou shalt not quote large blocks of text when one sentence would do
4. Thou shalt not quote images!
Tym
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2008, 10:09:15 am »

cool. Well I just posted a comment where you dl the map to come here and dl the map, hopefully people get it if not meh. we'll just have to remind them here. It'd be nice if they could at least put something on the home page...but i guess the mapguys dont have control over that either.
Smithy17 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2008, 12:59:06 pm »

If you want to play a different map a good way is to suggest it before everyone starts up coh. People are much less likely to get anew map if they are going to have to quit coh and restart it afterwards.
Tym
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2008, 01:07:17 pm »

good point.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc