Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 04:33:20 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Halo love/hate  (Read 13234 times)
LionelAxis
« on: July 14, 2008, 04:00:52 pm »

I doubt it.  Rumors are floating about the internets that they're making a squad based shooter that takes place in the Haloverse though.

Ugh...the Halo universe is the most bland sci-fi world ever. Why are they applying their game to other genres?

I guess cause the tons of halo drones will buy it : /
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 04:37:48 pm by Kolath » Logged
Draygon Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 04:01:52 pm »

LMAO Im gladd I am not the only one that thinks that not only is halo shit, the gameplay shit, but the "story" is bland.
Warbirds2 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 04:07:05 pm »

I doubt you've fully fleshed out the story line, then, Draygon.  Anyway, anybody see the preview of EndWar?  Opinions?
Tym
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 04:23:51 pm »

The Halo story is great, unfortunately the games don't do much for it but the books are friggin awesome. They can create a whole universe from it much like the Star Trek, Star Wars, War Hammer etc. books.

I don't really enjoy Halo much, as i think FPS on consoles are crap and microsoft who is constantly trying to promote their buggy x-box's try and keep Halo on the console first then release it on the pc years later and then you're only able to play it on an upgrade system (halo 1 - xp only, halo 2 vista only) so blah to microsoft and their money grubby...

anywho, definitely check out the books, even if you hate Halo, the story is awesome.
Draygon Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 04:27:42 pm »

microsoft who is constantly trying to promote their buggy x-box's try and keep Halo on the console first then release it on the pc years later and then you're only able to play it on an upgrade system

Considering that until microsoft bought bungie HALO was made for PC, once Microcrap bought bungie they decided to make it "the" game to get for the crapbox.
Thtb Offline
The German Guy
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 04:29:44 pm »

Halo has story?

You go to some ring and blow aliens up (halo 1)
Ring blows up and you mysticaly surive then you kill more aliens (halo 2)
You kill more aliens to prevent the earth from being destroying (halo 3)

Tym
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 04:49:01 pm »

Yes Halo has story.

Book 1 Halo: Fall of Reach

Pre-halo story. Everything about where cortana came from, how was the Master Chief made, why is he the only one? what happened to the other spartans'? Who are the covenant? Why do they attack etc.

Book 2 Halo: The Floord

Basically Halo 1 in book form.

Book 3 Halo: First Strike

What happens between Halo 1 & Halo 2? MC also attacks a huge Covenant facility by himself and you get introduced to Brutes and the rest of the Covenant.

Book 4 Halo: Ghosts of Onyx

The black ops portion of the UNSC makes their own mini spartans that they feel are expendable to do highly dangerous missions they'd send no one else. They own ODST (Orbital Drop Ship Troopers)

Book 5 Halo: Contact Harvest

The Story about Sargent Johnson (the black guy) and the first time the covenant attacked.

only book i dont have is Book 5. and they're making another one to bridge the story between Halo 2 & 3

Check this out, saw this on Wikipedia.

The other in-universe spin-off is Halo: Chronicles, a "new trilogy" of Halo games. Originally announced on September 27, 2006, at X06 as an untitled project, these titles are to be co-written, co-designed, and co-produced by Peter Jackson, with his recently formed development studio, Wingnut Interactive; the series will be episodic.[37] A Halo-based character, Nicole Spartan-458, appeared in Dead or Alive 4, a product of the collaboration between Tecmo's Team Ninja and Microsoft's Bungie Studios.[38]

Also about the books

The Halo universe was first adapted into the graphic novel format in 2006 with the release of the Halo Graphic Novel, a collection of four short stories.[81] It was written and illustrated by graphic novelists Lee Hammock, Jay Faerber, Tsutomu Nihei, Brett Lewis, Simon Bisley, Ed Lee and Jean Giraud. At the 2007 New York Comic Con, Marvel Comics announced they would be working on an ongoing Halo series with Brian Michael Bendis and Alex Maleev. The first part of the series, titled Halo: Uprising, bridges the gap between the events of Halo 2 and Halo 3.[9]

can't wait!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_%28series%29
Thtb Offline
The German Guy
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2008, 04:57:19 pm »

Yeah as i said, some dude runs around killing aliens all day.
Draygon Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2008, 05:00:43 pm »

Keep in mind the Halo story came AFTER the game was put out, therefore the game has a shit story line, the books may be better but that is because someone with an actual imagination wrote them.
GamerAndy Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2008, 05:04:14 pm »

I doubt you've fully fleshed out the story line, then, Draygon.  Anyway, anybody see the preview of EndWar?  Opinions?

endwar is kinda meh TBH, been playing the beta

For you, Rocksitter!
http://urltea.com/38uh
LionelAxis
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2008, 05:05:32 pm »

Keep in mind the Halo story came AFTER the game was put out, therefore the game has a shit story line, the books may be better but that is because someone with an actual imagination wrote them.

^ This right here.

I mean the little flood guys are pretty much headcrabs...

Edit: If I realized this would've spawned into its own topic I probably wouldn't have said anything though ><
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 05:08:11 pm by LionelAxis » Logged
Tym
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2008, 05:13:39 pm »

lol i can't wait for E3. I wish I could go but i already took two days off for the RA3 Community Summit, dont think they'd let me go to E3 for a week u know?
IrisDane Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2008, 05:34:04 pm »

Halo (the games) suck but the books as Tym said are completely amazing. The games give the story no justice. The books are amazing.
I'll give you an excerpt.

He exploded from his hiding place and jammed the blade into the base of  the closest jackals back. He snapped his right foot out,caught the back of the next jackals head,crushing its skull.
  The remaining aliens spun,glistening energy sheilds glistened between them and him.
   There were three coughs from silenced MA5Bs.Alien blood--black in the harsh blue-white light---splattered across the inner surfaces of the energy shields as the silenced rounds found thier marks. The jackals toppled tothe ground.
Tym
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2008, 05:36:00 pm »

aww c'mon that's not even some of the best parts. Gotta get a scene with him fighting a brute, those are epic. Or him taking down a scarab or what it's like for an ODST to drop from orbit into the ground w/o parachutes or him and the Dr in book 1 interacting heh...i think i've read each one at least 3-5 times lol
IrisDane Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2008, 05:37:07 pm »

aww c'mon that's not even some of the best parts. Gotta get a scene with him fighting a brute, those are epic. Or him taking down a scarab or what it's like for an ODST to drop from orbit into the ground w/o parachutes or him and the Dr in book 1 interacting heh...i think i've read each one at least 3-5 times lol

I know I love the books! They are breathtaking, but I don't want to go any further and ruin the story for myself Cheesy
Tym
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2008, 05:46:46 pm »

I still think "Fall of Reach" is the best, the backstory and how he got to Halo is nice.

Games = Money Makers
Books = Pure genius
Warbirds2 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2008, 06:18:57 pm »

The 6th book (Halo: The Cole Protocol) is being released sometime this fall, as well.

If anyone wants to read unofficial stories of the Haloverse, send me a PM, I'll give you a few links.
IrisDane Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2008, 06:20:13 pm »

What I never understood is why they didn't add iron sights to the guns?
Warbirds2 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2008, 06:23:44 pm »

The marine's battle helmets have digital displays on them.  They link up with the weapons sort of like they do on Master Chief's HUD.
IrisDane Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2008, 06:30:36 pm »

Yeah so...Iron Sights are awesome.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc