Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 12:46:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pc V Console!  (Read 13310 times)
Faltnor Offline
Major General Faltnor
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2008, 03:37:41 am »

PC Gamer Magazine had this big test to see which proved better in a FPS
They chose halo because its a very balanced game.
The Mouse and keyboard beat the controller HANDS DOWN.

Rahx Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2008, 03:57:02 am »

Hands down for the oh mighty keyboard and mouse!  Shocked

why is everyone except me retarded?
Thtb Offline
The German Guy
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2008, 04:39:43 am »

FPS and RTS keep there hands down for the pc!

RikiRude5 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2008, 02:33:25 pm »

nothing is worse then going over to a friends house or something, playing halo or CoD4 and getting beat by people you know you could school with your keyboard and mouse!

"Let me open with a magic trick, I'll make this pencil disappear!" - The Joker

*if anyone knows the exact quote please tell me =)
Faltnor Offline
Major General Faltnor
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2008, 03:38:12 pm »

nothing is worse then going over to a friends house or something, playing halo or CoD4 and getting beat by people you know you could school with your keyboard and mouse!
very much so.
|-|Cozmo|-| Offline
Lieutenant General of all Ninja's.
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2008, 10:14:55 am »

thats like being a rugby player and playing in a football match, getting owned, then getting annoyed because you could beat them at rugby...

Its two different skills...
Rahx Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2008, 10:25:51 am »

thats like being a rugby player and playing in a football match, getting owned, then getting annoyed because you could beat them at rugby...

well... im very good at PC shooters... but It's kinda annoying to see people playing on console and own you like shit with a shooter.

The standard sentence what I say after I'm getting pwned on console: "WTF, I would have pwned/owned him with Keyboard and mouse, ffs"
|-|Cozmo|-| Offline
Lieutenant General of all Ninja's.
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2008, 10:36:13 am »

yea that is like saying to a footballer "i can beat you at rugby"...
PanzerGeneralRommel Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2008, 11:41:49 am »

pc of course but fuckers that dl likes it but dont buy it is terrible
other game desiners turn away pc cause of dl risk its yust horrible horrible

all games i loved i bought after

examples mass effect hoi 2 coh cod 4 and so on
dont let pc die by fuckin games
LionelAxis
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2008, 12:07:49 pm »

It's not really piracy that is causing the downturn in the PC Gaming market.

It's just that it's so much easier to develop games for consoles than for PCs...why? Because of how different and unique PCs are and having to make sure your game works with hundreds and hundreds of graphics cards and mother boards.

Meanwhile for console devs you only have to make it work for 1 or 2 systems.
Phil Offline
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Phil's fkin batman!
Phil also owns the moon.

« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2008, 12:29:28 pm »

It's just that it's so much easier to develop games for consoles than for PCs...why? Because of how different and unique PCs are and having to make sure your game works with hundreds and hundreds of graphics cards and mother boards.

It's not "so much" easier. It's not like the developer has every card available anywhere and makes the game work on each one by one =) Handling the video card is the responsibility of the OS and vid card drivers, not the games =)

The additional development required to port a game from the 360 to the PS3, is much more than porting from the 360 to Windows (Vista).
RikiRude5 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2008, 02:00:37 pm »

Not exactly, it would be like playing baseball with a plastic baseball bat and not getting a home run when you know you could easily get a home run with a real baseball bat. your playing the same game ie same sport, but for one you have the PROPER equipment, which would be a mouse and keyboard, since of course FPS have started with mouse and keyboard Wink
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2008, 02:19:07 pm »

Uhm not exactly riki. Ever heard of Doom? That was one of the first shooters(3D) ever, and it came on consoles mate.

Bodybag2224-Armor Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2008, 02:41:53 pm »

I can't play a fps on the computer for some reason. I can however on a console. But a tactical shooter along the lines of BF2 I would suck at on a console.

For example I played COD4 on the computer and just couldn't get the hang of it, but on the PS3 I have better control with the controller. The faster paced games I do better at on a console compared to something slower such as BF2.

Profiles: BoDyBaG2224
M26ArmedCav
ThinTag by TripleTags.com" border="0
http://bodybag2224.myminicity.com/
RikiRude5 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2008, 03:18:32 pm »

Uhm not exactly riki. Ever heard of Doom? That was one of the first shooters(3D) ever, and it came on consoles mate.

*palm face*

Ever heard of Wolfenstien and Doom, yeah they were developed on and for the PC, and were years later ported to SNES and eventually the 64. Also you wouldn't see a FPS as we know it today on a console til Goldeneye 64, which at that point there were quite a few for the PC, such as Quake.

Obviously if you play console more you will be better with a controller in an FPS and if you use mouse more you will be better with a mouse and keyboard, but I bet if you give two people of the same skill level both 3 months to play a game, one uses a controller, the other uses a keyboard and mouse, in 3 months the mouse and keyboard person will play better.

That's why I'm waiting for the day when console and PC games can play together and against each other.
Thtb Offline
The German Guy
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2008, 03:25:56 pm »

Wanna take a bet on that? Find me someone how never used a mouse and someone how only used a controler so far, give the contoler only user a controler and the never mouse - user a mouse and let them play the same fps game vs each other, mousy shoud win.
LionelAxis
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2008, 10:26:46 pm »

It's not "so much" easier. It's not like the developer has every card available anywhere and makes the game work on each one by one =) Handling the video card is the responsibility of the OS and vid card drivers, not the games =)

The additional development required to port a game from the 360 to the PS3, is much more than porting from the 360 to Windows (Vista).

If it's the responsibility of the OS and vid card drivers then why do devs make patches to try and have more hardware be compatible, or try and fix various hardware/software conflicts?

I mean, what I said has come from the mouths of several PC game developers...Stardock...Turbine...
noTrace Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2008, 10:30:30 pm »

PC wins imo...
Rahx Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2008, 02:12:31 am »

Mouse needs eye-hand coordination... thats pwnage, cause you can use your great reflexes.. Also.. the PC shooters requires good ears.

Good ears + good eye-hand coordination + fantastic reflexes = pwnage ^^
I use this a lot with CoD2/4, lol@High-skilled.

Btw, you can train this very well with Quake3Arena... RailGun only Wink
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2008, 01:49:08 pm »

Wanna take a bet on that? Find me someone how never used a mouse and someone how only used a controler so far, give the contoler only user a controler and the never mouse - user a mouse and let them play the same fps game vs each other, mousy shoud win.
heh, that could be rather doubtfull, my dad for one, when he sits on to play an FPS on a mouse/keyboard(he gets that urge every few months), he just goes around aiming at the floor half the time. My brother keeps pointing to him on the screen where is the general direction of the enemy, and we keep having to remind him ctrl can make his guy crouch.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc