Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:59:18 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 25, 2024, 04:28:22 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Development Update for the Community  (Read 20554 times)
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« on: December 25, 2008, 11:38:31 pm »

Hey everyone,

Just thought Id give you a heads up on some development decisions, and a quick note on our Development progress.

Firstly, the current vent server will be replaced with one solely for EuropeInRuins very soon, and would like to thank GamerAndy for the use of his vent server since the time that the EIR one went bust.
The new server details will be posted when the changeover happens (within the next few days or so)

Secondly, we are well on the way with the next version of EIR, dubbed 'Europe In Ruins: Reinforcements'.  We are fine tuning the units, and are due for a open-beta very soon.

Hope you all had a wonderful christmas, and that you all got bloated!

Regards
EIRRMod
« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 02:00:28 am by EIRRMod » Logged

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Nevyen Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008, 12:06:20 am »

OHHH the suspense begins

DBSights Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2008, 12:44:07 am »

Becoming bloated is not a good thing.  Neither is splitting the community.
31stPzGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2008, 12:52:01 am »

I think it would be better to co-share the current server so that the player base can easily shift from one game to the other providing sufficient "liquidity". As it is, some people have stated it is difficult enough to get a game. A further break in "vent" servers will not improve the situation.

Rather than viewing each other as "competition" can both mods exist in the same server as mutually exclusive of each other? Like if someone prefers EIRR playstyle he'll go for EIRR and vice versa for OMG mod?

This is just a suggestion.
Wildfire
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2008, 12:59:36 am »

dbsights, stfu. seriously. He'es not splitting the community, we're just getting our own vent server, it's best because omg will be getting released soon and it'll be less confusing this way
MistenTH Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2008, 01:02:26 am »

Thx for keeping us informed EIRRmod! Be great to get an update soon Cheesy
DBSights Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2008, 01:19:46 am »

rly.
Clavis55o Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2008, 01:24:44 am »

the new vent server will split the community and one mod will die unfortunately it just depends on what mod the people decide to switch. and im sure that some of the groups of people u see averagely together or the people that have a following will have a great deal of influence on which mod will float and which one will be come the whale scum (crap) on the bottom of the ocean.

DasNoob Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2008, 01:24:49 am »

Ultimately it was going to be sooner or later... it's probably better to be sooner for the health of both mods.  

I don't really see it as "splitting" simply from the fact that right now I can switch between any of 5 of my vents in like 1 second...  and I can even have a few going at the same time if I want. Wink

Quote from: fldash on Today at 06:22:34 PM
DISASTER AVERTED... IM A MOTHER FUCKING GENIUS!

You have DasNoob who uses the mod as COHTV
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2008, 01:24:58 am »

Becoming bloated is not a good thing.
Didnt get much food eh DBSights?  Wink

As for splitting the community, this is a Europe in Ruins forum, which community are *you* referring to?

Both servers details will be available wherever I post it (probably a new one, rather than the old EIR/TLS post).

Thanks for your input though.

E
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2008, 04:18:53 am »

I think it would be better to co-share the current server so that the player base can easily shift from one game to the other providing sufficient "liquidity". As it is, some people have stated it is difficult enough to get a game. A further break in "vent" servers will not improve the situation.

You do realise for EIR to remain on the OMG vent server would be to expose all players to sole OMG propaganda and pressure which will only make the competition worse and even more unenjoyable for everyone. Sucks that this has to happen but I can understand the decision being made as a needed one.

Hopefully people will hop ventrilos or both mods will develop their own communities with plenty of enthusiasts so that both can survive competition.
Dr.Nick Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2008, 04:27:13 am »

Double vent = fail

Spammable Award

The 'Spammable Award' goes to the member who has well... spammed the most out of 1 unit throughout the war and who actions have been talked about doing such thing.

And the winner is......Dr. Nick with his close to 50 Airborne
Schultz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2008, 04:29:00 am »

What omg propaganda unk?!
This is one community. We're all Eir players first and foremost.
Omg came out of that. And in this i dont view them as something separate and alien.
I hope there was less ego in all this from the start.
Sucks that it has to be this way but it does.

[/quote]
Hopefully people will hop ventrilos or both mods will develop their own communities with plenty of enthusiasts so that both can survive competition.
[/quote]
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2008, 04:40:02 am »

Come on now. Double Vent = Fail? Splitting the Community?

This will give players (espacially new players) a localised area to find Europe in Ruins games, we already have a number of new players being confused by the OMG titled vent, the mods and devs being not from EIR (or fully repesenting EiR) and not able to answer their questions and queries, and overal creating a massive tangle of extra work that needs to be done to enforce trouble makers within the EIR community.

No one is saying you have to use on or the other, it's quite simple to have both vent servers operating at the same time and as DasNoob pointed out, you can have quite a few open at the same time if that worries you. But the fact remains, we need a sole Europe in Ruins ventrilo server to be able to operate at maximum effectiveness with all aspects of operating a mod. Relying on a competitors (no way around seeing it as that) vent server to access our community spells only beaucarcy in the long term.
Duckordie Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2008, 04:41:42 am »

I agree, there sould be 1 Vent server called, EiR And Omg

Due Spliting is NOT good, we DO NOT have THAT many players

^<-- Duck ™ and ©

We need more axis players!:
Nevyen Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2008, 05:07:48 am »

Hmm i don't know the vent thing is a tad unexpected,  but i think its the natural progression, one thing i have seen is that EIRRMOD has nothing to do with the ego battles of the past, definatly has not referenced it in his annoucements and the chats ive had with him suggest that as well.

Eir vent was once run by FLdash who was the lead of the mod.  Since EIRRMOD is now the lead its only natural for him to have a vent where he can control the environment as he sees fit. 

As to the argument of not that many players, yeah there are some die hards but over the last 12-14 months ive seen heaps of new players come and go, there is a world of gamers out there, sorry guys we are not that special.  The mod will I think based on how long it has stuck around will continue with or without you.  Just think of all the players who have not shown thier heads for a long while now.   The mod survived as it will in the future.

Thos who are crying foul,  vent is but a program that can be run multiple times and if you can't do that, woman are right men can't multitask at all!
BradAnderson Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2008, 05:11:59 am »

But in some cases i don't come online to play games, i come online to chill out with some buddies not exactly easy when split between servers.... Why not just split the cost of the vent server with andy get privaliges and use like the top half of the server.
Nevyen Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2008, 05:23:10 am »

Doubt that would work there was allot of drama last time the vent was shared.  Money and finances still would be controlled by one person no matter how much good faith was involved.  I think its been coming in the wind ever since OMG was announced.  Your asking for two completly divergent games from what ive seen to share one comon space, and not conflict, do you see any other mod or game asking that of its istelf and other games.

Its true you do use vent to hang out with mates, that dosn't change and im sure there will be some parting of the ways, but in the end your asking EIRRMOD to trust another mod with enforcing his rulings, take for example there was a breach of game conduct on EIR but that player had not breached on OMG, who rules re-punishment, who takes precedence, you can't exlcude him from OMG as well, hasn't broken any rules there, so whos, authority and right to enforce community rules does it come under, and how do you manage that at all?

Its unfortunate, not ecstatic about it but i sense it happening, was going to happen after OMG started its own website.   The path was already taken, i guess we have to walk it now.

Anyway i have a Jager battalion to paint and all this is distracting enough as it is!
Duckordie Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2008, 05:34:35 am »

Well it is fucking working now is it not?!

Just change the tropic to the Server, Its plain stupid to make 2 servers of vent, no point
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2008, 05:41:45 am »

Well it is fucking working now is it not?!
Right now only EIR is publicly released though.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc