Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:26:30 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 25, 2024, 04:28:22 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Development Update for the Community  (Read 20556 times)
Duckordie Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2008, 05:46:17 am »

You dont say?

I know how its gona work, EiRR is gona get our befor OMG, all player will go for EiRR
When OMG comes out will players

a, play both, or
b, The once ho did not like EiR is gona go for OMG
c, The once ho is tierd of EiR is gona go for OMG
d, ---------------___-------------------- Eir

Its is in a smal view the same shit/ game mode

^<-- Duck ™ and ©

We need more axis players!:
Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2008, 06:10:22 am »

I can imagine this scenario:

Second vent server is created, old players, stay at old vent server. On EiR site there is configuration for new vent server, so all noobs are joining new server. Finally some people decides to switch to the new vent server. Old players finally decides to switch. And at the end we got fanboys staying at omg server.
And people who just want get a game.

Ofcourse people can switch between servers, but as we know we are all lazy biatches.
Wildfire
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2008, 06:14:57 am »

"C:\Program Files\Ventrilo\Ventrilo.exe"  -m

so you can open more than one vent at the same time and be on both servers Tongue

problem solved!
Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2008, 06:21:43 am »

Some people can think that u are madman and talking to yourself fron another vent server? :p

And where the check is edit button?

Now u don't give me chance to fix my broken english :-P.
Guderian Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2008, 06:33:54 am »

splitting the vent server is the dumbest idea ever in my opinion.

Eir customer support staff.
Wildfire
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2008, 06:35:39 am »

how about when youre in one vent server, you go afk in the other so they can't hear yoU?
Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2008, 06:39:09 am »

how about when youre in one vent server, you go afk in the other so they can't hear yoU?

So it's basicly like switching servers ;-/ So what's the point?
Guderian Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2008, 06:44:09 am »

yust seems so uneccesary .
EagleHasLanded Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2008, 07:07:12 am »

I dont wanna be on two servers :p
Thats like having two friends who dont talk to each other, and trying to give both time. Its retarded.
There will be one mod for me that gets all attention in the end and thats for sure.
Guderian Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2008, 07:10:51 am »

meh one vent server is yust so much easier and splitting is dumb.
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2008, 07:41:05 am »

Harden the fuck up you bunch of whinny bitches. It's happening whether you like it or not so deal with it.

The Fact is: the Vent currently is run and paid for by OMG people, WE (EIR) don't have any control over how the server is run, nor do we have proper representation on that forum. New players get confused by OMG Devs not being EIR devs when it appears that the server is EIR. We want a more centralised and easy to identify Vent so that newer players know exactly what it is for and don't get pressured into sampling things they don't want to/abused because they won't do something.

It's not splitting the community, because frankly; if your that blind to see this as one big community, then it's already been split up by members trying to create another mod. This isn't a club, you are free to go with whom ever you wish and you have no obligation to stay.

Both mods can exist side by side, but having power in one hand and none in the other could be to tempting for some; regardless of what they say now.
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2008, 08:20:19 am »

It's already split up, because of those guys who want it to split up. A dedicated EiR Ventrilo Channel won't split the community.

Schultz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2008, 08:31:26 am »

Akranadas STFU and take your arrogance and anger elsewhere.

People have the right to voice whatever concerns they have without having an imature kid like yourself playing dad.
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2008, 08:36:54 am »

People have the right to voice whatever concerns they have without having an imature kid like yourself playing dad.

I'm not the one complaining about opening an extra window....
Wraith547 Offline
15th Panzer Division
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2008, 08:38:18 am »

Ak is right about all of this.

In the end the vent server is owned and operated by andy and the OMG team. This isn't ment as some sort of affront to them, it just makes better business sense.

Anyone who has been around a while can see that this community split a long time ago, this is just making things easier to get some distinction from the other mod.

As far as a small player base, just wait for the next release, if it follows the course of past releases we will have a full vent server at peak hours.
Draygon Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2008, 10:00:07 am »

Its been posted, but Ill post it yet  again.  Splitting the community is a bad thing for BOTH mods, no matter how you look at it.  The sole purpose of either mod is not to take the people away from the other.  Having 1 Vent server for everyone is the best way to go so you can get games for both Mods IN THE SAME PLACE and not have to swap back and forth.  On top of that, alot of players when not playing either mod would just like a place to hang out and talk to others...you have 2 Vent servers and this can not happen, it will split the community.

And Akranadas you need to stfu, your the worst player in this "community" not just for gameplay but when it comes to this forums your a prick and you like to make sure you show people that, how about you stfu and just let the community talk and WHEN and IF something is needed to be done in terms of "moderation" then you can do it.

We have offered MANY times to have the EiR dev team have their own tag and we can put up rooms for both mods. 

This is stupid to have a second server to serve the same purpose that we see now.  Most of the games on the Vent server currently are EIR games, we have our alpha testing room and we get games in there when we are testing...Same thing should and could be done when we go live, this is not a big deal.
Draygon Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2008, 10:08:39 am »

forgot to speak about this:

In the end the vent server is owned and operated by andy and the OMG team. This isn't ment as some sort of affront to them, it just makes better business sense

It is not owned by us, up until a month ago it was the OMG/EIR Vent server by name.  This can go back to being that way easy, it is the communities Vent server, paid for by donations from the community, yes it was originall set up by Andy, which is why he is the "head admin" but it is the communities server and should stay that way.
Thtb Offline
The German Guy
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2008, 10:56:10 am »

I refuse to be forced to choose, I will also go with the double vent solution if needed, but I think people will just stay at omg anyway. Got all the Volumes and shit for everyone set there + ranks.

If you can however provide me with my own channel we could talk about it ^^.

Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2008, 10:57:54 am »

I'm not the one complaining about opening an extra window....

It's more like building new wall in existing room, ofcourse u got doors and u can switch between both rooms. I'm sure that old brother of OMG - EiR want to live in separate room, but it's not needed, and Draygon said that u are lying that they didn't offered support for EiR.
BradAnderson Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2008, 11:12:17 am »

I'll probably stay on the OMG vent same with a large proportion of EiR vets second vent or not.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc