Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 16, 2024, 01:39:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Treadbreaker  (Read 36813 times)
stumpster Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #100 on: February 19, 2009, 02:52:58 pm »

Because we won't increase repair rates to 'fix' Treadbreaker.  Like I said previously, in the EiR environment (that INCLUDES repair rates) Treadbreaker was broken.

And the next person to argue that 'It's called Treadbreaker, it should break treads!' makes me rename it ingame to 'Engine Damager'.

Step out of the way. He'll keep going until he hits a wall, that being Akranadas. Let him go unmolested, his journey will take less time.
Flashpoint Gold Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #101 on: February 19, 2009, 03:02:11 pm »

Oh yeah, I forgot the crazy rule, "We won't fix stats and stoof." You guys made this mod and you don't want to mod? Plus, who said anything about raising repair rates? Just change the times to fix immobilize and not have to repair the whole bugger just to do it. That would take alot of coding to do, but it make people stfu about treadbraker not being worth it anymore or being OP.

Don't get me wrong, though, I love the mod. Its just... yeah.

This is my signature, this is where I put all these little tidbits that show my character or just random things I found funny. Well you know what?
EFF YOU!!!!1
stumpster Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #102 on: February 19, 2009, 03:32:52 pm »

Do you understand how repairing criticals works?  At all?  Here's the basic, and AFAIK, it's hardcoded meaning that we CANNOT change the way it works.

Vehicles have three 'states':

Green HP (top at 100% HP)
Yellow HP (top at 50% (?) HP)
Red HP (top at something low, about 10% HP)

When a vehicle gets a 'critical' hit (Engine Damage, Engine Destroy, Tread Broken, Gunner Killed) you have to repair the tank to the next 'state' (or to 100% if you took a critical hit in Green HP) to get that critical to fix.  This is why tanks at very, very low HP that get Engine Damage generally are a pretty quick repair because Red HP is easy to get out of.  However, with the Treadbreaker ability, the ONLY way that you could repair it is to get your tank back up to 100% HP after they've landed the shot on you in Green HP.

If you can't see why this is a problem, then I don't know what to tell you.
BigDick
« Reply #103 on: February 19, 2009, 03:44:04 pm »

there was either OBM or field repair (cannot remember which one)that repaired damaged parts of tanks first

a 5% sherman with engine damage got his engine repared before it went over 10% (more like instantly)

maybe someone should take a look into that
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #104 on: February 19, 2009, 11:02:04 pm »

there was either OBM or field repair (cannot remember which one)that repaired damaged parts of tanks first

a 5% sherman with engine damage got his engine repared before it went over 10% (more like instantly)

maybe someone should take a look into that

Maybe you should read the post above yours.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #105 on: February 20, 2009, 12:26:12 am »

BigDick you should see what 2 ATHT's can do to your infantry before saying their only going to kill 3 infantry. The only way you'll survive a Focus Fire shot is if your in Cover or the ATHT is moving. or the tougher armour types. Focus fire 1 shots rangers, 1 shots Airborne,  riflemen definitely even the all mighty tommy has to be careful. Hell in my first game with them i killed a vet 3 LT with 3 shots

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
MannfredvonRitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #106 on: February 20, 2009, 12:40:05 am »

BigDick you should see what 2 ATHT's can do to your infantry before saying their only going to kill 3 infantry. The only way you'll survive a Focus Fire shot is if your in Cover or the ATHT is moving. or the tougher armour types. Focus fire 1 shots rangers, 1 shots Airborne,  riflemen definitely even the all mighty tommy has to be careful. Hell in my first game with them i killed a vet 3 LT with 3 shots

Focus fire snipes HMG's out of buildings quite effectively lol. I started using the ATHT with focused fire to try and counter the PE's lack of AT. Immobilise a tank, then finish it with tank busters. Unfortunately engine damage on a cromwell/sherman makes it fast enough to escape infantry AT, heh.

What ever happened to not editing core values anyways? I find it amusing to hear that and see consistently the axis core values being changed for whatever reason.

Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #107 on: February 20, 2009, 05:17:48 am »

The impact of treadbreaker on EIR gameplay was too severe for it to stay in in its vanilla shape.
If we had vCOH repair rates, it wouldn't have been an issue.
stumpster Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #108 on: February 20, 2009, 05:29:47 am »

What ever happened to not editing core values anyways? I find it amusing to hear that and see consistently the axis core values being changed for whatever reason.

What else has been changed?
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #109 on: February 20, 2009, 05:35:17 am »

perhaps they can kill 1 squad but they cost 275 MP each + 50 fuel each + 40 mun each + 95 mun each..cost effective? no

treadbreakers should be TREADBRAKING

Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #110 on: February 20, 2009, 05:38:19 am »

DonŽt worry, weŽll call them Engine Destroyers from now on, problem fixed.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #111 on: February 20, 2009, 05:44:52 am »

u mean lil engine damagers?
Flashpoint Gold Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #112 on: February 20, 2009, 10:43:04 am »

u mean lil engine damagers?

You mean a luck based little engine damaging AT gun, that isn't an AT gun, on a vehicle made of glass?

Do you understand how repairing criticals works?  At all?  Here's the basic, and AFAIK, it's hardcoded meaning that we CANNOT change the way it works.

Coded means coded which also means it is coded. I took a class that touched a bit of game programming and I made a couple of games myself. Don't tell me it can't be done, its just code.

If all that work is too much than just un-nerf TB and tell Allies that they need realize ATHT's are only good for TB. Tell Allies that the ATHT is extremely easy to deter/kill. Tell them that it does shit damage. Tell them that they need to learn how to support their tanks. Tell them that just because its used right and its supported doesn't mean its OP.

BTW, it doesn't take that long to repair from TB if its only the ATHT because it does shit damage. The problem was when TB was supported with armor or AT, which thats just people playing the right way. There was that problem with mortars tying up pop by not letting you repair, but why are you letting that mortar keep hurting you? Go get the god damn thing, dipshit. "Omg Flash, I did not know that if something in the game is effecting me and hurting me that I should go get it. There was my one track mind again, Flash. Thank you for letting me know that I'm allowed to think beyond just repairing that tank and that I have the possibility to get that mortar away."

The devs did a good job, but TB is not OP and it is one of those things that Allies gripe about because they want it gone cuz they don't want their tank rushes and suicide crocs to be countered.
Khorney Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #113 on: February 20, 2009, 10:54:10 am »

Coded means coded which also means it is coded. I took a class that touched a bit of game programming and I made a couple of games myself. Don't tell me it can't be done, its just code.

in the context of mods (specificaly relic mods, my experience is based in DOW which uses similar systems) hard-coded means it is a system that cannot be changed through regular modding means. this usually means either we don't have the tools availble to change such things, or that changing them could mess with stability, or in worst cases, that if they were changed it would require illegal editing of .exe's and such.

basicly, hardcoded means no-go
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #114 on: February 20, 2009, 11:14:21 am »

Its simple.  I play allies and axis and heres the Jist. 

Support your tanks, you will be able to repair it.  How much dmg does a broken tread do?  not much, but if you charge a tank into  an area un supported you expect to die, it happens.  Just because u can;t micro and kill half the enemies units does not mean its broken. 

Don;t get in range.  Reduce the range of tread breaker slightly, INcrease recharge. 

Its a supprt.  With treadbreaker, make it an extra 2 pop cap.  LEts get creative.

A Dmged Engine is something everyoine can easily deal with.  DMGed engine with NO DMG?  Repairs in 30 seconds max.

It sucks when it happens to you yes, but it does not count as an i win button.  BEcause they have to finsih poff the tank.  In fact usoing the tank as bait when u have arty..... Very good move, Use a cromwell, gets treads broken, push up a firefly to cover
suddenly u have bait and they start getting artied and hit from range.....

We have the ability to change things on many different levels.  lets try em.

Puddin' spamtm
i cant really blame smokaz i mean playing against puddin is like trying to fight off breast cancer. You might win and do it and be a bad ass but you'll feel sick and mutilated forever.

Puddin' spamtm is soulcrushing... what's hard to understand about that?
Khorney Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #115 on: February 20, 2009, 11:17:34 am »

4/6 doctrines don't have access to any artilery, so that is somewhat moot.

a reduction in cooldown time, however, would not be entirely unacceptble, and would seem t be a reasonable solution to the problem, yes?

perhaps literal 'tread breaking' could be instated as a vet 3 ability?
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #116 on: February 20, 2009, 11:19:09 am »

I think that's a great idea Khorney, I'll bring that up internally Wink.
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #117 on: February 20, 2009, 11:27:27 am »

4/6 doctrines don't have access to any artilery, so that is somewhat moot.

a reduction in cooldown time, however, would not be entirely unacceptble, and would seem t be a reasonable solution to the problem, yes?

perhaps literal 'tread breaking' could be instated as a vet 3 ability?

lol i bet we will never see a vet 3 AT HT

shitty idea..
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #118 on: February 20, 2009, 08:48:45 pm »

Do you have any idea how hard it is to vet up an ATHT?  Wow.

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
MannfredvonRitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #119 on: February 22, 2009, 06:33:10 am »

ATHT isn't OP, it's so fragile and dies so easily.

Like I've said before, a sherman and atg combo will usually kill an ATHT.

IT's damage is too low, if you make it engine damage, at least bring up the damage to 100 or so, so it isn't complete and utter fail.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc