Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 07:21:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Treadbreaker  (Read 36920 times)
Sach Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2009, 03:33:19 pm »

its not about killing tanks, AT-HTs are at their most effective when they don't actually kill the tank.

Sach Wins! Cheesy

Would people please stop killing my AVREs. Not cool.
gamesguy1 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2009, 01:39:27 am »

If you know the enemy has an ATHT, either send in more tanks than he has ATHT's, or chase it off first with an AT gun...3 shots and the thing is dead...the only thing it can effectively kill is brens or quads really, so it will take forever to get vet.

I'd like to see you try this against my AT-HTs.   Your 57mm will get pak sniped before it does anything and then your tanks will get immobolized from the FoW and killed by a marder/pak.
MannfredvonRitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2009, 01:51:12 am »

If you know the enemy has an ATHT, either send in more tanks than he has ATHT's, or chase it off first with an AT gun...3 shots and the thing is dead...the only thing it can effectively kill is brens or quads really, so it will take forever to get vet.

I'd like to see you try this against my AT-HTs.   Your 57mm will get pak sniped before it does anything and then your tanks will get immobolized from the FoW and killed by a marder/pak.

The 57mm's will get pak sniped if you have a wehr ally. AT-HT are quite powerful, but stand alone PE players need it to compete with Allied armour. I have found that without Wehr support PE have issues fielding enough in either field, they have enough AT, or they have enough AI, but it seems difficult to get enough of both. Their entire force is highly vulnerable to ATG's of course also.

gamesguy1 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2009, 02:50:52 am »

Then balance tank busters by decreasing their cost.  I never understood why a 4 man tankbuster squad costs more than a 4 man grenadier squad with a shrek, when the tankbusters have lower both effective and actual hp(taking into account the armor type) and the PE shrek does 15 less damage than the wehr one.

Treadbreaker is simply far too effective.   When my first AT-HT snipes 3+ tanks with it over the course of the game its just...wrong.

Maybe increase the cooldown to 10+ minutes.
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2009, 03:05:51 am »

10+ minutes?  So instead of borderline OP, you want it to be useless?  When it isn't treadbreaking a unit, the thing is a complete waste of popcap.  Can't kill shit except a jeep and a bren. 

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
BigDick
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2009, 03:09:17 am »

Maybe increase the cooldown to 10+ minutes.

you will not fix a broken ability by changing it's cooldown

we have to think about why its broken...

it is broken because the tank takes popcap and repairrates are extremely low and imobilized or engine damages is fixed when fully repaired

so give tanks a self destruction+changing repair to fixing engine and tread damages after some time of repairing and not after being fully repaired...

it's same annoying with tanks got stickied...
gamesguy1 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2009, 03:29:23 am »

10+ minutes?  So instead of borderline OP, you want it to be useless?  When it isn't treadbreaking a unit, the thing is a complete waste of popcap.  Can't kill shit except a jeep and a bren. 

Thats easy, reduce the cost of the unit and the popcap cost, and increase the munitions cost of treadbreak a little.

ATHT does decent damage to light vehicles.   As long as you have something to prevent it from being circled.
Smithy17 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2009, 03:46:09 am »

Can you not reduce the damage dealt by treadbreaker to make it repair really quick?
EscforrealityTLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2009, 08:22:28 am »

Or change "Immobilisation" to "destroyed engine", that would work too.

Pwanawan baby!
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2009, 08:23:29 am »

"Tread Breaker" should still have a chance to actually break treads eh.
EscforrealityTLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2009, 08:40:09 am »

Not my point, but yeah like 10% Immobilisation 80% engine destroyed 10% Engine damage, some thing like that. Personally I don't fight against it as I am a Wehr player, so this is just a suggestion based on observation of other people playing.
Apex Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2009, 08:56:40 am »

Dont start tweaking around with the stats. Balance it through cost or recharge time. IMo, cost i okay, but recharge time is too little.
Duckordie Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2009, 09:11:03 am »

Is it 100% to give engine dmg on tanks?
IF so, I agree with Apex, Make cool down longer (Same with mortar half track)

^<-- Duck ™ and ©

We need more axis players!:
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2009, 10:23:18 am »

if you wont change the cooldown or the percentages. At least give it uses and a higher cost.

Stickies = 80
TB = 95

and we all know  TB is way more effective than a sticky, hell if stickies did the dmg that tb can do even at its short range, i'd have to say stickies need a cost increase.

also, anyone notice the mp cost raise of the croc?

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
MannfredvonRitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2009, 10:27:44 am »

A big problem for the PE is their inefficient anti tank weaponry, especially against Americans. The Marder is ATG food and highly vulnerable to many, many weapons, a single marder loses to a single sherman as the sherman survives enough shots to circle it, PE has little to support it (except tank hunters) and thus the Marder dies, it's only with treadbreaker that their AT has a chance sadly. If Treadbreaker is nerfed then PE needs to have substantially cheaper Marders.

Summary:
British Suck
Panzer Elite suck versus Americans
Wehr and Americans are relatively balanced.
BigDick
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2009, 10:32:07 am »

A big problem for the PE is their inefficient anti tank weaponry, especially against Americans. The Marder is ATG food and highly vulnerable to many, many weapons, a single marder loses to a single sherman as the sherman survives enough shots to circle it, PE has little to support it (except tank hunters) and thus the Marder dies, it's only with treadbreaker that their AT has a chance sadly. If Treadbreaker is nerfed then PE needs to have substantially cheaper Tankbuster Grens.

corrected

marder is fine but tankbuster squads are overpriced...they are much more worse then grens (in damage consumption and output) and costs more
Pak88mm Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2009, 11:03:08 am »

i believe it fine considering how fast allied tanks and light armor are and how less likely they are to take any kind of engine damage compared to axis armor and light armor. With stickies and button theres still plenty for allies to slow down axis armor. All axis have is thread breaker. That also helps a ton when trying to use anti-tank nades.

Exactly.

There is only so many times you can slaughter Lt Apollo, Rocksitter, and Alwaysloseguy24 before you get bored and fall asleep.

-GamesGuy-

Most Hated player in EiR....Pak88Mm
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2009, 11:12:04 am »

IMO, TB has too much range for an ability that can never miss. ATHTs are extreamly hard to avoid, and its nothing like kiting a rifle with stickies.

ATHTs litterally come out of the FOW and kill engines before shermans can begin to back up.

I personally think that the cooldown should stay the same but there should be some chance for deflection some time. Right now it's an "I win vs. allied tanks button". Even more so than in vanilla because once you purchase it, you can use it repeatidly, whereas in vanilla, you gotta pay by the shot.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2009, 12:01:45 pm »

agreed. You can't really compare TB to stickies cuz it's waaaaaay easier to avoid stickies than treadbreaker. The stupid fact that you can get ur engine busted from a frontal shot is retarded. I wish there were a requirement that you at least hit the side armor to take it out and front you get a chance to take out the treads (cuz well, its gotta be harder to hit the treads from the front) but no engine dmg. Its hard to get engine dmg from a sticky on the front. Hell, the other day i put a sticky on a panther and got no dmg whatsoever.
BigDick
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2009, 12:10:44 pm »

don't compare stickies with treadbreaker

stickies are not primary weapons of rifles
the stickie upgrade is not shown if you see rifles

the range of treadbreaker is ok
the damage of both enginedamage and treaddamage  (should affect axis engine damage as well) should be able to be quicker fixed by repairing
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc