Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 02:20:10 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Veterancy Update  (Read 27929 times)
Piotrskivich Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2009, 12:48:13 pm »

Wirbelwind
-Vet1 Recieved Damage 0.85
-Vet2 Penetration 1.1, Accuracy 1.15, Recieved Damage 0.9
-Vet3 Recieved Penetration 0.8, Sight +5

Flakvierling
-Vet1 Recieved Damage 0.8
-Vet2 Recieved Accuracy 0.8, Penetration 1.1
-Vet3 Damage 1.25, Penetration 1.15, Range +5

Ok, Whirbelwind penetration might be traded for reload speed?

the Whirbelwind has a long reload time for an anti infantry weapon. Penetration isn't going to help much because they are rarely used to figt vehicles and it's not gonna be fighting jeeps and bren carriers because it is a lot slower. Reload speed is very important on this tank.

Flakvierling is fine because it has a better base penetration and as it isn't armored against mg's it is good to be able to defend itself against HTs and Brens.
panzerjager1943 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2009, 12:57:09 pm »

Engineers & Pios have "reduced suppression" on their x-mas wish-list.  Also, an "Assault Bonus" at vet3, *if* equipped with flamethrowers would be nice.

Cover is better. Usually you have to flank with Flamethrower units, and have to use cover to survive. Trying to encourage them to use that cover to stay alive; they'll get even more benefit from it. Charging through the open, with low health, even with the bonus, should not provide profit with cheap units.

American halftracks, Quads, Bren Carriers & Bren MMGs would all like an armor upgrade similar to the PE halftracks.

I have never seen a Quad die to small-arms fire.

Quad HT wants a suppression bonus more than damage or accuracy, I think.

At vet3 it gets alot more accuracy. This helps with suppression.

KCH would like a reduced suppression modifier back.
KCH are hard enough to suppress at Vet0. When they get Assault Ability it will help with suppression.

Does a Flak 88 really need a penetration increase?  Wouldn't additional range, or rate of fire be more to its liking?  Or maybe splash radius?  I thought its pen was already enough by default.  Also, Cover ability.

Spash cannot be configured through Veterancy actions. Changed Vet2 to provide sight bonus.

British Captains would really like to cover more map area with their buff.  Is adding an additional sector possible?  All bordering sectors?  Is entire map too much?  Can it be changed to an aura instead, which could then be increased with vet?  The sector concept doesn't work equally with all EiR maps, whereas aura radius can.

No. Having an aura the size of a Sector at vet0 is already awesome.

Mortar Commandos would like a vet +10 range buff also, to match Wehrmacht & US mortar ranges.

Mortar Emplacement would also like a +10 range...  in fact it would really like more range without vet...  since it is less mobile.

Commandos given +10 range. Mortar emplacement will be getting more range with supercharge.

Wirbelwind would like more suppression and movement ability.
Just wait till the Beta is patched to retail. This thing's suppression will become insane at vet0.

Ok, Whirbelwind penetration might be traded for reload speed?

the Whirbelwind has a long reload time for an anti infantry weapon. Penetration isn't going to help much because they are rarely used to figt vehicles and it's not gonna be fighting jeeps and bren carriers because it is a lot slower. Reload speed is very important on this tank.

Flakvierling is fine because it has a better base penetration and as it isn't armored against mg's it is good to be able to defend itself against HTs and Brens.

Good point. Updating.
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2009, 01:06:35 pm »

small question on buying vet... i have a few units at VET1...  so i thought i could just go buy VET 2 but cant... so say i play my next game, my rangers get to xp 70 they will stop, even if during the game they would go over it?  then after that game is done and they survive i could go ahead and buy the VET2?

Khorney Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2009, 01:09:40 pm »

yup, they won't vet past vet 1 in a game. in the launcher they should have 1 less than required for vet 2, but the upgrade wil be availble for purchase.
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2009, 01:27:50 pm »

neato yo
scrapking Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2009, 01:29:10 pm »

I'm not ready to concede my point on Engies & Pios.  Their main problem is that they are suppressed by almost anything.  This alone makes it incredibly difficult to use them in an offensive capacity.  They NEED suppression resistance at some vet level.  Honestly, a little EVERY level would be ideal.

And the British Officer thing...   my point is that their buff is based on the size and shape of the sector that they are in.  I think it would be better if it was instead an aura, even if only slightly larger (or even the same as) than the LT, then increase the aura with vet buffs.

Map sectors just vary too much from map to map, and EiR is much more dynamic than VCoH.
Mysthalin_Axis Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2009, 01:41:01 pm »

Why was the sapper repair bonus on vet removed?
panzerjager1943 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2009, 01:41:22 pm »

They can upgrade to Expert Engineers.

I'm not ready to concede my point on Engies & Pios.  Their main problem is that they are suppressed by almost anything.  This alone makes it incredibly difficult to use them in an offensive capacity.  They NEED suppression resistance at some vet level.  Honestly, a little EVERY level would be ideal.

Ok. I'm willing to change this, but first wait for the next update. In it, there should be a bug-fix to Engineer recieved suppression. In the update they should be as suppressable as Pioneers. Once it's been tested around, I'll take another look to see if Flamethrower Infantry should be harder to suppress with Vet.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 01:45:12 pm by panzerjager1943 » Logged
Mysthalin_Axis Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2009, 01:47:55 pm »

I do not personally believe the ability to upgrade them to expert engineers(which means they can't get PIATs) constitutes for not attaining better repairs through veterancy...
scrapking Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2009, 01:48:50 pm »

Thank, great overall job on the vet by the way.   Grin
VictorTarget Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2009, 01:49:05 pm »

...command tank?  It has no main gun, so a penetration bonus isn't that useful.  Same with a croc, those are the ones that bug me the most. Damage bonus is fine, because it DOES have the hull machine gun and turret machine gun, but there is no such thing as penetration with those.  Please, sight or speed?  For balance concerns, speed may be better, because a sight upgrade may end up with people using these to spot for their fireflies, and that could be vicious.  I know I would do it.

panzerjager1943 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2009, 01:50:06 pm »

Ok, when I update the post, are people not able to see it? I've changed command tank. Please read it again.
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2009, 01:55:23 pm »

...command tank?  It has no main gun, so a penetration bonus isn't that useful.  Same with a croc, those are the ones that bug me the most. Damage bonus is fine, because it DOES have the hull machine gun and turret machine gun, but there is no such thing as penetration with those.  Please, sight or speed?  For balance concerns, speed may be better, because a sight upgrade may end up with people using these to spot for their fireflies, and that could be vicious.  I know I would do it.

great, an inf killer whcih is as fast as a m8 Tongue

i think shermans are quite fast right now..with an extra speed boost they are awesome because u can escape whenever u want

DeadlyShoe Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2009, 01:56:05 pm »

Put changes in bold. It will help.

This may be the most offensive thing I've read.  At least, today.
panzerjager1943 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2009, 01:56:57 pm »

Will do.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 02:15:41 pm by panzerjager1943 » Logged
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2009, 01:58:41 pm »

cool, u da man.. hope these get in soon.
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2009, 02:01:49 pm »

I'm not ready to concede my point on Engies & Pios.  Their main problem is that they are suppressed by almost anything.  This alone makes it incredibly difficult to use them in an offensive capacity.  They NEED suppression resistance at some vet level.  Honestly, a little EVERY level would be ideal.

They should become as suppressable as Pios. But then they shouldn't gain even more. I mean, they are no real combat units. At most they are support for an attack. Let your rifles move up against a Mg and then flank it with flamers.
Don't make them kinda lone wolves. They shouldn't fight without support!

VictorTarget Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2009, 02:02:15 pm »

Ok, when I update the post, are people not able to see it? I've changed command tank. Please read it again.
Ah, yeah, you did.  Crocodile doesn't have it, though.

Personally, I'm a huge fan of the bonus to turret rotation it used to have.  50% faster turret rotation was killer on those things, and certainly worth the effort, plus, it made it fun to play with.  

Otherwise, most awesome, thank you.
panzerjager1943 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2009, 02:05:52 pm »

Pretty sure the Churchill Croc reads Penetration 1.1 Wink
That's one thing you're looking for, right?
VictorTarget Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2009, 02:07:14 pm »

Pretty sure the Churchill Croc reads Penetration 1.1 Wink
That's one thing you're looking for, right?

Nope.  Sherman Croc.  It doesn't have a main gun, unlike the Church, and still is given a penetration bonus.  Sorry to be a pain, but those are two of my favorite tanks :-P
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc