Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:06:56 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Poll
Question: What should be done to this
Nothing
Increase jeep's price
decrease motorcycle's price

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Motorcycle vs Jeep  (Read 4029 times)
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: February 23, 2009, 03:52:47 pm »

In Europe in Ruins the cost difference used to be 5 fuel.

Now the price is alike with the two units.

The jeep is highly more survivable than a motorcycle that usually gets one shotted by everything and dies faster due to its lower health. Yes I'm aware that both units are recon units and as well meant for 1 thing.
To Hunt down the Snipers.

Both units excel great in this one however jeep does it better since it has more health and it doesn't die to 1 Panzerfaust shot where old Motorcycle dies to 1 sticky if it tries to grief the sniper.

Who here thinks the pricing is resonable?

Both are atm

110 MP 5 Fuel.

Does Jeep deserve a price increase or motorcycle a price decrease?

PS: I used to run a Motorcycle spam company with 50 Motorcycles so I know where that thing is useful and where it isn't. 6 is enough to take down 1 protected sniper. (Protection includes ATG, HMG and a Sticky squad).

Don't bring any other crap to this, its only about these two Recon units. No PE units or British units in please =D
Nor PAKs or other crap. Only Motorcycle and Jeep

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 03:58:22 pm »

Although I'm an axis fanboy and have to agree that it sucks to have bikes not reverse and have less armor, this discussion is the same like Allied mortar < axis mortar.

Deal with it.

wildfire444 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 04:02:44 pm »

seriously?

jeeps get hit by like 2 out of every 3 pak shots

motorcycles dodge like everything consistently except maybe recoiless

not tym
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 05:32:27 pm »

Jeeps can´t see the pak that´s about to kill them with 1 shot, bikes can, ´nuff said.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
MistenTH Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009, 06:13:40 pm »

Don't bring any other crap to this, its only about these two Recon units. No PE units or British units in please =D
Nor PAKs or other crap. Only Motorcycle and Jeep

Purely between the 2 units motorcycle should be cheaper.

Jeeps can´t see the pak that´s about to kill them with 1 shot, bikes can, ´nuff said.

But this is a majorly valid point that really gimps the usage of a jeep versus a motorcycle in the recon role at the moment. Not every map has some cover you can hide the jeep behind, and you know, the jeep has to drive around so it can scout, and since stealth detection < pak range = dead jeep = no utility.
DeadlyShoe Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2009, 06:30:51 pm »

Jeeps could probably go back to 10 fuel given that their gun works against PE light vehicles.

This may be the most offensive thing I've read.  At least, today.
panzerjager1943 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 09:33:28 pm »

Yea but everything works against PE Vehicles.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2009, 09:38:51 pm »

and bikes work vs pe light vehicles as well if an american unit were to have one. Actually btw, the bike's gun is stronger than the jeeps, so maybe we should raise its price !!! Hell, its faster, has more accelration, dodges more shots hmm.....

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2009, 02:35:58 am »

and bikes work vs pe light vehicles as well if an american unit were to have one. Actually btw, the bike's gun is stronger than the jeeps, so maybe we should raise its price !!! Hell, its faster, has more accelration, dodges more shots hmm.....

They have same speed, motorcycle only accelrates faster, but can't even reverse xD and it usually is 1 shotted. It is very rare case that it gets missed. I always snipe them with my ATGs when ever I saw them :p their so easy to hit on. Bang Wreck.

The pop gun on motorcycle might be better than jeeps but still that doesn't make it a combat unit since it dies to pretty much everything...

Thus why there should be a small price change, 10 fuel on jeep and 5 on motorcycle
Scyntos Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2009, 03:04:53 am »

Motorcycle vs Jeep... both have such a minuscule effect on game play in EIR:R; you can't spam them.. so their effectiveness that you brought to the table is really kind of moot when you consider that if you don't want to lose your motorcycle and feel cheated...use it for what it's intended purpose is.

Sure in vCOH you hunt snipers with bikes/jeeps. In EIR:R though you need them for line of sight more than you need them for sniper hunting. Everyone and their brother has a mortar.. most snipers get wrecked by a stray mortar round or now.. either side's artillery. Unless you're Killer's sniper than you survive a direct blow to the face from a StuH.

Sounds like you're just nitpicking to me. Leave it the way it is.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2009, 04:05:33 am »

i didn't even notice until someone brought it up here
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2009, 04:28:37 pm »

They are both recon units, and they both blow chunks in a combat role. the only thing I say the Bike has a 1 up on is sniper killing. But that being said Both serve the same purpose, both are 3 Population, and both are expendable as hell. If you can provide me a replay where a 5 fuel jeeps won the match then I might concede my argument, but it's not going to happen.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2009, 04:52:05 pm »

Although they play the same role, they both play it differently.

Bike has a higher rof so does more damage, so it has a great chance to kill a sniper, and is good for taking out support weapon teams when you get behind of it, but they also die incredibly quick. Bike is also incredibly fast.

Jeep on the other hand is tougher but will usually get a damaged engie on the first pak shot, most likely killing it with a follow up shot. And although you do less damage and are slower, you are able to reverse.

Another thing to consider is this, even though the bike does more damage, US sniper as it gains vet is harder to hit, and wher sniper gains small health back, making up for the small amount of damage the jeep does.

All in all, 90% of the time jeeps and bikes are behind of a hedge or wall spotting, not getting involed in any sort of combat, so who the heck cares?

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
MistenTH Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2009, 05:11:39 pm »

Jeep on the other hand is tougher but will usually get a damaged engie on the first pak shot, most likely killing it with a follow up shot. And although you do less damage and are slower, you are able to reverse.

All in all, 90% of the time jeeps and bikes are behind of a hedge or wall spotting, not getting involed in any sort of combat, so who the heck cares?

If it's a cloaked Pak, and that's usually the case if you're scouting ahead, and you can't possibly hide behind cover while scouting, the jeep will die in 1 hit.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2009, 07:16:38 pm »

crap wrong thread
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 07:27:04 pm by brn4meplz » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc