Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 19, 2024, 07:38:44 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 02:40:48 pm]

[October 14, 2024, 02:38:41 pm]

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The brit buff list  (Read 20682 times)
gamesguy1 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2009, 09:10:19 pm »

one snipe = 33% death squad of PE and when the squad should stay alive (and has to retreat at 1 men) one snipe = half of standard PE infantry has to be killed until squad is gone

No one uses 3 man squads unless you're using them to repair or something.  Hell, even my PGs with no upgrades get the 4 man upgrade so I can reman something and still have a guy left to cap/repair with.

churchills have exactly the same accuracy to infantry like P4

An outright lie.   The 6 pounder churchill has 50% accuracy modifier against moving infantry, and much much less splash compared to the P4.   Its half as accurate as the P4 against moving infantry and much worse splash.

and they have more health and an awesome armor

Its not that awesome.   Not nearly as good as any of the heavy tanks, more like a stug's armor, better than a P4's? Yes, but its also slow as shit.

you cannot compare a churchill croc with a tiger...totally different uses
and actually a croc has an insane flame range (much more then the animation) and pak38 are no danger for it

Pak has nearly twice as much range as a churchill, and the churchill is incredibly slow.   Learn to spot.

it is some kind of mobile hmg and a good platform to buff your piat sappers
i wouldnt call this no usage
what do you expect? a vehicle that completely neutralize tanks, can carry infantry, mobile mg..for almost free?

Wow you've never played Brits have you.   The bren carrier's MG is worthless, it's worse than the halftrack MGs and far worse than the infantry HT's MG, which actually does significant damage and suppression.   The bren MMG is decent, but cannot carry troops, and is very easy to destroy so can only neutralize completely unsupported tanks.   Its also not a mobile HMG, because it takes a long time to suppress(about the same as the infantry HT's MG).

actually since emplacements get full health back after repositioning, you use them wrong when you loose them often to mortar

And what happens when a mortar shell lands on you while you're trying to reposition?  Oh wait, you lose the entire squad.  An incendiary shell will also kill the crew of an emplacement before they can unpack the weapon.

Why do I even bother.  Every other sentence out of your post is either a lie or completely false.
MannfredvonRitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2009, 10:07:17 pm »

Brits are a fairly gimped team, kinda like PE but it depends how much/little they are on who you talk to. To claim they're currently fine you either have to have:

1) Never played as them.
2) Be a fanboy faggot.
3) Be a complete and utter nub.

I have played a lot of brit games, but I'm predominantly an axis player. The Bren Carrier is lame, Bren MG is decent but still easy to destroy, although I have seen many heavy rambo tank rampages cut short by this baby.

Big Dick is being a big dick.
Aloha....well he cheated constantly then was eventually caught and banned, do we really listen to someone of such questionable morals?

DarkSoldierXXX Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2009, 10:17:55 pm »

+1

i repeat:
i think brits dont need all these buffs. they need some nerfs and some buffs but not that much.
mystalin stop spreading wrong information or learn to read out coh-stats.com stats...

Arn't the EiR unit stats diffrent from normal CoH stats? If so why would you use that website to find unit stats
CommanderHolt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2009, 10:52:41 pm »

Actually EIRR, except form some deviations, doesn't touch vCoH stats so coh-stats.com is still a valid site for most units.

P.S: Also you are suppose to use your "Main" account when posting on the forums and not your secondary accounts.
BigDick
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2009, 04:21:25 am »

i've never said that Brits are overpowered and i've never said that wehrmacht is underpowered in this thread

so keep your facts clear

brits have "problems" but what some people write is just wrong

and when someone says the firefly is crap and the same as an upgunned sherman or you cannot crush infantry with cromwells thats just ridicules wrong

and i actually got royal eng reinforcements for the firefly and command tank und the expert sappers

read my postings again i never said something should get nerfed..i pointed out wrong informations and got flamed from the well known people

thats like "kinderparty" here
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 04:26:05 am by BigDick » Logged
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2009, 04:37:47 am »

You two are the only ones who are attacking me, and the community comes in to flame you back, as I am not bothered to do it - it's especially tempting as you have flamed pretty much every occasional poster on the forums.

Where have I stated that the firefly and/or sherman with upgun suck? I've stated that the firefly sucks at anti-infantry, and that it's not much better than an upgun sherman without a CCT(pointing out what makes it better(and worse) than the upgun sherman). It does not suck, yet it's popcap is hardly appropriate - Tigers and Panthers easily defeat the firefly, being simmilarly priced and at simmilar popcap values(panther even fullfilling the exact same role).

VictorTarget Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2009, 09:12:36 am »

You two are the only ones who are attacking me, and the community comes in to flame you back, as I am not bothered to do it - it's especially tempting as you have flamed pretty much every occasional poster on the forums.

Where have I stated that the firefly and/or sherman with upgun suck? I've stated that the firefly sucks at anti-infantry, and that it's not much better than an upgun sherman without a CCT(pointing out what makes it better(and worse) than the upgun sherman). It does not suck, yet it's popcap is hardly appropriate - Tigers and Panthers easily defeat the firefly, being simmilarly priced and at simmilar popcap values(panther even fullfilling the exact same role).
Eh, I disagree.  Even in cases where neither has support, a firefly can easily destroy a tiger without ever having to field a return shot, while a panther is tougher, the longer range and immense firepower means that the firefly is going to win, if handled correctly.

I think that of all the brit units, the Firefly is the most balanced right now.  The pop requirement makes sure that you don't call them in on a whim to deal with lesser threats, and makes it certainly a tactical choice that can change the game.

Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2009, 09:36:07 am »

except the FF has like nearly 100 less hp than a sherman... huh?

VictorTarget Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2009, 09:38:49 am »

And you can at pretty much twice the range.

Please, the Firefly has enough of an angry face.  We don't need to make it even more powerful.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2009, 09:45:15 am »

Yeah, if you add a CCT and a spoter for it youll make whermatch players cry.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2009, 09:53:01 am »

And you can at pretty much twice the range.

Please, the Firefly has enough of an angry face.  We don't need to make it even more powerful.

huh?  just wish the game was more consistent... the game developers made it all goofy by trying to do too much *balance* stuff.. all sherman model tanks get the same HP except the FF, it gets 100 less because it has a better gun?

kinda like the marder, since it has weak armor and stuff, they decided the give the gun 150 pen and damage, when all the other german tanks with the 75mm get 87.5.. wtf? lol..   
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2009, 09:59:57 am »

or how the 17pdr on the FF has less pen and damage than a panther gun, but the 17pdr was better? 

my brit buff request is FF get same health as a sherman and its gun should at least do the same as panthers 75L70 gun...
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2009, 10:39:59 am »

We were thinking of asking them to write up 0.0.4 changelogs Smiley.

ok let bigdick do this, i actually dont have enough time atm and no PC...

Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2009, 12:51:20 pm »

Yeah, the FF needs more health lolz.

and for the lolz, A crocodile churchill that kills tanks hahah

Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2009, 01:09:07 pm »

*has had a tetrarch, and even a puma with comparable kills to the firefly - doesn't mean either of them are OP*

*points at command tank in the background*
Prydain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2009, 01:15:34 pm »

The Fireflys in CoH are not accurate depictions of the real thing.

There was no hull machine gun, the armour was slightly improved over the M4 around the turret and there was no law that states you need a Command tank first...

It is a game.

The Germans in Greek
Are sadly to seek;
Not five in five score,
But ninety-five more;
All, save only Hermann,
And Hermann's a German.
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2009, 01:33:31 pm »

Yeah, the FF needs more health lolz.

and for the lolz, A crocodile churchill that kills tanks hahah

all sherman variants have 636 health...  cromwell and even CC have 636

FF - 550?Huh

Guns:
88Kwk36, 75L70, 90mm of pershing are all rated at 137.5
mardar for some reason is 150

17pdr is 125

?? 17pdr was better than all of them, why rated below?

Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2009, 01:36:30 pm »

Prydain just pointed it out, Mgallun.
This is a game, that's why.
Balance > Realism.

Just imagine it makes sence, ok?
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2009, 01:47:44 pm »

The Fireflys in CoH are not accurate depictions of the real thing.

There was no hull machine gun, the armour was slightly improved over the M4 around the turret and there was no law that states you need a Command tank first...

It is a game.

i know its a game lol, iam just joining the party of buff requests lol.. heck i dont even use the british lol.     this game is all wack anyways stat wise.. think the guys who created it were like, oh this unit is cooler and meaner, lets make it real strong just because we can.

its a fun game, i like playing it, i suck at it... but damn, the stats are all fudged up lol.  

i just posted these because for fun, i think since the stats of the units are all borky its silly to ask for all these buffs lol... best thing if somebody would had the time etc, was to go thru the units stats and make them more accurate.. each side has some wacky stuff.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2009, 02:08:00 pm »

*has had a tetrarch, and even a puma with comparable kills to the firefly - doesn't mean either of them are OP*

yeah, Im pretty sure your tetrach knocked down 2 panthers and 1 tiger from full health to the death haha..
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc