Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:03:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Not really an exploit, but...  (Read 2741 times)
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« on: March 09, 2009, 08:01:31 pm »

Yesterday Boobaka used a tactic that I know isn't an exploit or anything, but it's something if it can be fixed should. I'm sure you could do this with all factions, but here is what he did.

I had a croc churchill attacking some double shreck grens in a house. my croc was on one side, and the door was on the opposite side. He pulled them out, then, he put them back in, they fired then he pulled them back out. He was able to put them in, and have them fire and be out of there before the tank could lock on and fire a single shot, even though it was pointed at the building.

Now MGs have a set up time when they go into buildings, a time in which they don't fire, I don't see why schrecks should be any different. it just doesn't make sense that the units in the building are capable of getting in, firing, and getting out before the vehicle can get a single round off. this could of gone on all day, if i didn't realize what was going on.

I'm sure US could do this with rangers/AB and brits could do it with piats. But I think hand held AT weapons should be given a short set up time in buildings. if it's even possible to change something like that.

what do people think of this tactic? i mean it's not something you see all the time, since the door needs to be on the opposite side of the vehicle attacking for it to work correctly.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 08:03:30 pm »

there is a small set up time.....  Don;t siton a building, or better yet, go run his ass over.

Puddin' spamtm
i cant really blame smokaz i mean playing against puddin is like trying to fight off breast cancer. You might win and do it and be a bad ass but you'll feel sick and mutilated forever.

Puddin' spamtm is soulcrushing... what's hard to understand about that?
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 08:05:52 pm »

I do it all the time.... :p

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 08:10:49 pm »

there is a small set up time.....  Don;t siton a building, or better yet, go run his ass over.

can't run him over with a croc churchill too slow, i would have to go around the whole building. i should of saved the replay, but the set up time is non-existent if there is one, maybe it's because the croc churchill has such a slow reaction time, but it makes no sense that units can get to the top floor of a 4 story building, fire out of the building, then get out, before a tank can fire, it couldn't even try to attack ground to time it right, because attack ground only effects the flame thrower on the croc churhill, not the turret.

and i didn't sit on the building, i tried attacking twice, saw what he was doing and went somewhere else.
TheDeadlyShoe Offline
Weapon of Math Destruction
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 08:19:37 pm »

How big was the squad? It typically takes too long for 4-man >greater squads to exit a building; they take the tank shot anyway.

It sounds like this is only a problem with certain very large buildings, because otherwise the churchill croc could just change facing and roast them when they take a shot.

Additionally, if you have any infantry support at all you can send it to the building door.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 09:15:04 pm »

hmm i actually think it was a 3 man squad at that point. also mg in a building across from that so my infantry would of had to go to its field of fire to get to the door.
sgMisten Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2009, 09:19:07 pm »

The most I can suggest to you is back the tank off to increase the odds of missing, and point the turret at a window they are most likely to shoot out of. If the timing is right and the tank shell is calculated as a hit, it can gib every single man when they pile out the door. But the AT infantry have the advantage in this case. PIATs don't need to get into a house, just fire over it.
Leafedge Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2009, 09:56:32 pm »

Or just don't sit your tanks in positions like this. This is complaining about a legitimate tactic, like circle-strafing or focus-firing. Infantry excel in environments with lots of cover or garrison options. Tanks are better in the open where they can maneuver, or where there are a few shot blockers to protect against AT guns.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2009, 10:38:03 pm »

Or just don't sit your tanks in positions like this. This is complaining about a legitimate tactic, like circle-strafing or focus-firing. Infantry excel in environments with lots of cover or garrison options. Tanks are better in the open where they can maneuver, or where there are a few shot blockers to protect against AT guns.

hmm very good point, infantry should always have the advantage when it comes to urban fighting. locking now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc