Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 04:21:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tiger Ace FTL  (Read 11315 times)
Schultz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2009, 02:52:28 am »

Smoky is right on all that. But vet whoring a super tank was an issue back before reinforcements.
Tiger ace will be more viable when we have more mp/mun and the war of attrition plays more of a role, than it does now.
As the army expands so does strategical decision and play will.
Additionally, its all about support and the ability to take out the opposing at.
This relies on teamwork, and other random things like off-map arti, extensive sniper usage, that were so common back then.
Right now its all about micro though  Grin
I have to say dont be afraid to lose the tiger if it wins you the game.
You get to be better in time.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 03:03:44 am by Schultz » Logged
BigDick
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2009, 03:20:11 am »

If you DAMN tiger lovers cant shoot a couple of crappy tommies without line of sight from 2 screens away,

the problem are not the tommies themself it their equipment
i saw many tigers and aces went down because they were buttoned and shot by AT guns and stuff

or be a man send it in there early game when there is not so many AT or tank disabling units and rape what you can then retreat it.. looking at so many noobs saving this piece of shit unit to the last minutes and then running off the field just makes me SAD PANDA.

early game with around 25 pop there is not many left for support
that could work but only if teammates of tiger ace players get exactly out what it need for its support....

including some meat units running in front of the heavy tanks

I should start a damn tiger ace company just to show you scrubs how to USE and how to LOSE it with style, allowing you to win _games_.

you would be supervised how fast it will get killed....because its like "hey there is a tiger ace, we have to kill it"
you can do that, but not every game
how long you will survive and how much damage you will do depends of how quick you get buttoned

You can field two p4s for the price of a tiger ace and they are infinitely better at supporting your other units and dont cause such a damn stress when they are under attack..

they are in most cases better, that is why i stopped using heavy tanks like tiger,ace,KT and pershings

only "special" thing i use is the calliope

Only brits have a tiny bit of problem to deal with it but Once the brits have 57mm reinforcements it becomes pointless to have the ace around, and god save you if they have both a firefly which outranges you, a 57 who outshoots you and a button squad that disables you at the same time..

even without reinforcements such tanks get useless vs brits because of buttoning and fireflys

Using big pop units like the panther (hello i suck at anti inf) and the tigers (except the king tiger which everyone at least understands is supposed to die) plays RIGHT into the allied hands because they can field at combinations for MUCH less pop that counters your tanks for pop allowing your infantry and support weapons to be overrun by their inf.

i disagree about the panthers
they are not that pop heavy (16pop vs PanzerIV with 12 pop)
they have 2 advantages they are fast and have a long range

when allies pull out massive amounts of tanks the time for panther has come....

a panzerIV struggles against shermans...a panther has no problems in taking out shermans...not all at the same time but one after one...

a panzerIV is to slow to hunt down the most hurted tanks...a panther is fast enough

if you get only 1 nebelwerfer you cannot get more then 3 panzerIV
but you can get 1 panther and 2 panzerIV

think about it what is better

Stuh's, p4s, hetzers etc.. are pop effective and will allow you to field enough support for them to be useful. They also dont take shit from infantry with skirts purchased as well as the hetzer being able to hide, something the tigers do not get.  And once the tigers get disabled because they are unsupported against the more versatile allied infantry they WILL receive rear shots or close shots from piats etc.

a hetzer is not pop effective....and it WILL recive rear shots too when it get rushed
you can say you have pop for support yeah...but its 10vs17 (blitz tiger)for a unit with much lesser hp then a panzerIV and no turret

what the hetzer maybe makes look like pop efficient is the fact that you have not that many options as PE

marder 8 pop (much more damage then hetzer but sucks against inf. ang is dead in notime) or panther 16 pop (since you have no AT guns as PE you need marders -> not enough fuel for Panther)

especially things like the hetzer (low HP, no turret, long ranges) profits when your teammates use heavy tanks (or at least PanzerIV) to absorb the damage so that can fire from second line

Also before you moan more about PP costs on units, why dont you and aloha tell me how much unused PP you got in those axis companies of yours.  I bet you guys have at least 30 pps doing nothing, just like everyone else.

i don't know about other people but i have some pps on all of my accounts that is true...
but e.g. with 30pp you can loose 5 tiger ace
and i don't know tiger ace is not that great that i need to use it
sometimes i put a heavy tank into my company just for fun but normally i don't use heavy tanks (except the panther)

One thing that also annoys me as well other than tigers and their pet owners (the tigers seem to own the human, not the other way around) is how axis will get raped the next war down to  100-200 territories (with a hundred vet 3 tiger aces sitting safe in the garage) until all the good players jump fences to switch the sides because people care less about actually winning games than retaining their vet. Im going to be überhappy when REAL incentives to win games appear and people no longer can wank around repair bunkers. Its been a huge hole waiting to be filled the fact that the games themselves have no bearing on overall "happening" in the fictive world where these battles are taking place. 

i played games with some well known tiger ace owners and i have to agree it was very anoying for me, because after every hit they drove back to blobrepair a while

at the end (even when the game got won) they had minimal casualties but minimal kills too
where the companies of their teammates got almost whiped out during this battles
MannfredvonRitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2009, 06:03:16 am »

If anyone ever played with my tigers in the old EiR they would know me to never hide them or refuse to use them. I even refuse to repair my tiger, it retreats or it fights and dies. It is actually rare that its worth repairing heavy tanks or tanks in general, repair time is often just too long to be worth it, if you do sit there and repair, generally speaking your team mates pay for your repairs in blood. There are exceptions of course.

Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2009, 06:09:05 am »

Blitzkrieg Tigers are a lot more vulnerable than Tiger Aces and I've seen some people use them much more efficiently.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2009, 06:21:22 am »

Mannfred - tetrarchs love being repaired after a pak shot by a 6 PIAT blob ^^.

VariantThirteen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2009, 06:44:42 am »

If anyone ever played with my tigers in the old EiR they would know me to never hide them or refuse to use them. I even refuse to repair my tiger, it retreats or it fights and dies. It is actually rare that its worth repairing heavy tanks or tanks in general, repair time is often just too long to be worth it, if you do sit there and repair, generally speaking your team mates pay for your repairs in blood. There are exceptions of course.

4v4 and KTs were the only exceptions to my mind.

4v4 you can often take the pressure off the front to get the repairs, KTs cost so fucking much you can't afford to retreat one earlier than is absolutely necessary.

God I still have nightmares about riflesquads forcing 15 minute repairs with stickies. RIP KT.
MannfredvonRitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2009, 07:44:01 am »

4v4 and KTs were the only exceptions to my mind.

4v4 you can often take the pressure off the front to get the repairs, KTs cost so fucking much you can't afford to retreat one earlier than is absolutely necessary.

God I still have nightmares about riflesquads forcing 15 minute repairs with stickies. RIP KT.

Amen to that, I think the last days of the KT were recently, it's a dead tank it's uses currently are just too low Sad. It was hard enough before making it worth its cost, now it's just well beyond possible.

Lets all sing a song for the big dead kitty!
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2009, 08:27:14 am »

it needs to cost like 2pp.. then someone will buy it, maybe

BigDick
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2009, 09:12:46 am »

i would say since a KT will not survive games with stickies and bren buttoning involved...it is even with 2 pp overpriced
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2009, 09:14:25 am »

yes even an ace only survives if u micro it like pauli does: extremely defensive
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2009, 09:38:38 am »

once i played with killer344 his tiger ace had  3 inf kills after the game and my had about 40 inf kills
he said "i could beat 3 of these newbs alone..."

Fucking noob, you´re really getting on my nerves, the guys we were playing against only had 1 cally and lots of hmgs + atgs to protect it, I told you to dodge that calliope using the houses as cover and you always prefered to cry like a little baby "zOMG USE THE TA" instead of trying to stop giving them so awesome targets to take out that I couldn´t believe it.. and let them die for pop cap bleed, and that´s how they lost the game, I did, literally, nothing in that game, because that game was a calli vs 1 player.

and I could have done it.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2009, 10:39:49 am »

calm down nub, u have the tiger ace syndrom^^
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2009, 10:52:05 am »

jeez..... that tiger always got around 30 inf kills decrewing 57s and about 4 tanks kills each game and it never reached vet 2.... When I had one.
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2009, 11:07:20 am »

The joy of the big tanks, they are double edged swords, they offer huge rewards but huge risk.. fun times!

Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2009, 12:00:47 pm »

No risk, no fun.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2009, 12:03:28 pm »

If you prefer keeping vet over winning a game, I dont see why anyone should bother teaming with you. Who wants to team with a guy who will let your guys die to win the game while keeping his own precious vet safe?

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2009, 12:19:22 pm »

If you prefer keeping vet over winning a game, I dont see why anyone should bother teaming with you. Who wants to team with a guy who will let your guys die to win the game while keeping his own precious vet safe?

Pak88mm ? lol.... He loves so much to bring the avre + the church croc at the same time and the lovely expert sapper blob to make huge pushes for 10 seconds and then fall back for 10 minutes... lol.
gamesguy1 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2009, 08:34:56 pm »

yes even an ace only survives if u micro it like pauli does: extremely defensive

I'm extremely aggressive with my ace and it doesnt die all that often.

Its called having proper support.
Pak88mm Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2009, 12:58:54 pm »

Pak88mm ? lol.... He loves so much to bring the avre + the church croc at the same time and the lovely expert sapper blob to make huge pushes for 10 seconds and then fall back for 10 minutes... lol.

shut it bitch! lol i do that for fun and excitement! and it sure adds alot of it

Exactly.

There is only so many times you can slaughter Lt Apollo, Rocksitter, and Alwaysloseguy24 before you get bored and fall asleep.

-GamesGuy-

Most Hated player in EiR....Pak88Mm
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2009, 01:12:27 pm »

eh, i played a game with him when he did that.. i went ahead and went with him when he did it and we won.. that chruch croc just made all the german players run off map.. not to mention a combination of his tommys with captured schreks, lt and a sherm and m10 of mine killed a jagdpanther and panther back to back... worked well.. was fun.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc