Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 19, 2024, 01:30:08 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 02:40:48 pm]

[October 14, 2024, 02:38:41 pm]

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PE] Hummel  (Read 11136 times)
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2009, 02:00:11 pm »

i just like artillery personally...normally it's my "omg he's got too much support stuff and i cant' break thru" weapon. If like say, my opponent never brings out a mortar, or doesn't spam hmgs, you'll prolly nevr see my howie or hummel but since there are points where you need artillery to break thru at times, i use it. Every side needs some form of artillery, be it light, medium or heavy. it's not a noob weapon. I'm sure you use mortars dick, or nebels or stuaks right?

we all know that u like arty very much Wink
a howie is easy to defend (only needs 1 HMG against storms, other infantry or tank never reach it..)
thata the difference between ally and axis arty (not mortars) ally arty makes more dmg and has longer range

BigDick
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2009, 02:18:26 pm »

i just like artillery personally...normally it's my "omg he's got too much support stuff and i cant' break thru" weapon. If like say, my opponent never brings out a mortar, or doesn't spam hmgs, you'll prolly nevr see my howie or hummel but since there are points where you need artillery to break thru at times, i use it.
Every side needs some form of artillery, be it light, medium or heavy.

that is like "oh i don't know what to do because there is a hmg (never heared about flanking, sniping, mortar, infantry supported tank attack...)

we can always create scenarios like...what is when there is this and that and this....
artillery need tactical usage and that can be countered easily when not supported

i don't say remove artillery...but i say lower its impact to gameplay to a more tactical role in big pushes and breakthrough and not like "hey i'm to lazy to think or micro, lets get the arty out"
  it's not a noob weapon.

in its current state some arty is a noob weapon like
"eh i actually need to push and attack but i don't want so arty them as long as they do the attack move"

I'm sure you use mortars dick, or nebels or stuaks right?

i call mortars support and not "artillery"
and i'm also for a cooldown increase of nebels and stukka ontop of the changes of the other forms of artillery
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2009, 04:41:25 pm »

Like we all know Artillery's basic role is to support a push and soften the enemy up before the final attack.

In EiR Artillery seems to be used primarly to destroy 1 HMG in a building because it stops a blob from coming in or something close to it and as well that 1 at gun that hides in bushes or waits for someone to come by and say "hi" to him.

Anyhow Artillery is a form "I lulz!" button. In a 3vs3 games it is usually 1 or 2 players who get out an arty piece and sit and watch the fireworks while others do the job and if his comrades after a 10-20 min of fire fight he will then call out his troops to finish things up. That happened once long time ago in retail EiR vs Salan's howy spam.

Anyway. Artillery is kinda fun thing since you don't have to do anything...you just sit and watch the shells do the job and only change locations every now and then (if you can) and have that one HMG and AT weapon nearby it to protect it from possible suicide strikes. Calliope for example is awsome for this role not only because it has firepower but it has armor and mobility that others doesn't have when compared to it. Stuka has mobility but no armor, nebel firepower but slow and fragile etc.

Hummel in this case is a tough piece. If it should be buffed I'd say its Cooldown should be decreased. It fires 4 inaccurate shells. Now how cool is that? If the cool down was shortened it would become resonable in its support role and as a spam sweeper. It is kinda cool to see a mob blow into pieces and watch sausages fly. What ya guys think about that?
-Decrease its Cooldown

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2009, 05:53:25 pm »

I'd like to see howies with a smoke barrage ability that has a lower cool down then the normal fire. that would be pretty cool. imagine smoke covering an area about the size of a nebel drop for a big flanking push.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2009, 06:02:31 pm »

^ meh true. I still say the Hummel is a precision artillery piece but because of its slow speed and only 4 shots its hard to use it that way. So I dunno...they should've given the PE another arty piece, I t hink a stuh would've been perfect, although the ISt is basically the same thing as a stuh, but with a turret. Speaking of which...can't  PE get stugs in vcoh somehow?

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2009, 08:33:20 pm »

When you see 4 MGs on the field covering each other backed by 2 paks and 2 mortars in a 2v2, there is a fucking problem with support weapon spam.

Artillery is the only solution.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2009, 09:00:56 pm »

lole xactly
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2009, 06:47:25 am »

nope, snipers are a lot more deadly, you dont have to worry about the luck factor there... if the arty doesnt hit anything youll bleed pop cap for nothing, ask puddin about the days everyone would spam support teams and heavy support.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2009, 08:42:23 am »

Gamesguy, your Hummel last night 1 shotted my full strength ranger squad, he was gonna be vet 2 Sad...  nice aim! lol.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc