Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 18, 2024, 11:30:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Today at 02:40:48 pm]

[October 14, 2024, 02:38:41 pm]

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Suggestions for 1.5  (Read 11404 times)
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2009, 04:48:08 pm »

I don't mind what happens but I really want the 1) to happen.

Brits with mobile weapons-

Didn't OMG have this kind of a thing? I think it'd be better than them building emplacements...3 soldiers having a buildable 17 ponder in their back pocket. Its kinda cool xD
But still a moveable gun. It'd be a terror though

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2009, 04:55:11 pm »

57mm style 17 lber would be ridiculous, totally against that.

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
MannfredvonRitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2009, 07:07:02 pm »

Currently the only long ranged AT that PE have, the Marder is useless until late game.

gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2009, 08:26:24 pm »

Lol, these are some huge one sided changes.

All that needs to be done is decrease the modifier for the piat damage against infantry, increase price to 100 munitions.

Increase emplacement build time by 10 seconds, reduce their unpack time by 10 seconds, reduce range by 5 or 10 units(5 of the bofors, 10 on the 17).

Then nerf the pak cloak so it decloaks after one shot.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2009, 12:33:07 am »

Schultz, before skirts were pretty much complete invulnearability to all handheld AT. Now all they do is reduce it by a bit, which is quite ok for, say, 50 munitions.

PIATs need not stay the way they are - it's just over, over the top with how much they hit. Sure, reversing is a good tactic, but all you need is one second worth of stopping, and the tank/light vehicle instantly dies. PIATs need a revert, they were overbuffed. Price increase is invalid, as the brits are already very munitions intensive as it is - you pay for flank speed/canister rounds/tank commanders/brens/rifle nades etc. etc. No brittish unit is worthwile without a munitions based upgrade used on it. Reverting the PIAT to how it was - makeshift handheld AT that's better vs infantry than tanks is absolutely fine in my views. Not "EiRR just started" values, but just before we had this big patch(think the scatter rate and accuracy were both buffed by 25 percent?).

The IST does, indeed suck with it's 20 second un-deploy timer and lolwtf range. It's really only equal to an ostwind. And have you noticed how much damage an ATG does to it? Even when the shot is bounced, it does away with like 1/5th of the P4 Ice Tea's health :S.

Even though you deem a marder better than an M10, most others do not. The marder can not shoot on the move, I'm afraid, you can use the semi-auto ATG exploit on it Wink. Try it if you don't believe me.
Do not forget that marders are much more dedicated AT than M10s are - a Marder can't crush like an M10 does..

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2009, 12:38:24 am »

yeah...the ist does take a lot from at guns, its like they get 100% accuracy too. I had 2 at guns firing at one of mine, i tried to hide it behind like 4 or 5 trees and eveyr shot went right past them and hit. arne't trees supposed to give green cover for god sakes.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2009, 12:45:56 am »

As far as PIATs go i can't seem why they shouldn't be 100 munitions.  You get 2 effective AT weapons, so it should cost the extra munitions to get it.

Sappers are very cheap for manpower and i think the weakness in PIAT sappers should be the sappers themselves, maybe lower their health a bit or something like that to make them less survivable.  After all they are the same as Engi's or Pio's but with PIATs.  PIAT commandos however should be the more survivable and accurate version of PIAT sappers, hence costing almost twice as much.

Marders do need to be improved a little i think.  They need either more penetration (after all aren't they meant to be high penetration) or more sight range or something.  You can even increase the pop cap or cost of one i don't consider it to be a cheap tank destroyer, when it should really be the main AT for the PE team, like a Stug is to whermact and an M10 is to Americans (brits don't really have their own version, maybe a churchill). 
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2009, 12:54:42 am »

1. PIATs should not really be "uber effective AT weapons". They're manpack AT that semi-sucks in general, but comes at a cheap price, it was how they worked best. Making people pay craptons for them but making them awesome just won't work. Brits got the 17 pdr as their mainline uber AT, and the firefly, the PIAT should be a complementary tool, not the mainline thing. Their health is already low as hell, reducing it isn't a good idea.

2. PIAT commandos do not work like a "more survivable" version, because they fail at it. They got 3 guys, each of them snipeable and killable by a single LATHT/tank shell. They should not cost twice as much as PIAT sappers because they :
1) Have less men.
2) Haven't got PIAT ambush.
3) Can not repair(main thing why sapper PIATs are so damn good when spammed - they can fight AND repair tanks at the same time).

They do have the smoke ability, but that's not really useful on a 3 man squad.

3. The marder should stay as it is right now, with a 6 pop cap cost. It's a self-propelled AT gun, with very poor armor, not a tank hunter.
Rocksitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2009, 01:20:31 am »

What about the Sniper who can re cloak when he just shot one of your guys in the face from close range I could see if he was a good distance away but I think a guy that just shot your buddy from like 5 to 10 feet away should not be very hard to find Snipers should be long range sort of like a sniper...

I dont know if its something that can be done taking away his cloak by distance or not..

EscforrealityTLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2009, 05:08:45 am »

You turning the 17pounder into a truck deployed one move unit like the 88 might not be a bad Idea, particularly if its current range and health remain.

Although like I said before Reinforcements came out turning the Brit emplacements into there mobile support types with the option to upgrade to a emplacement (As OMG are dong it) is not a bad Idea.

I've only a few game as PE under my belt but they've got a real hard time against both blobs and emplacements. What I would like to suggest is changing some units (Like the AC) to have a significant increase of accuracy against blobs. (Similar to MG's when units are blobbed)

This change would hopefully give the PE an anti blob unit while not effecting any other part of balance.

Against emplacements perhaps making certain PE Grenades lethal to then might be an option?

Pwanawan baby!
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2009, 09:01:59 am »

Overall, what I've been thinking lately is that the recent change has turned the game from "axis blob shreks and support weapon spam" to "brits blob and spam support weapons". Basically, the wehr players are getting a taste of their own medicine, and it really, really hurts, which is why there's such an uproar of "nerf plzzz" on the forums.

Then again, I've got flu and probably a bit delirious today, so it just may be me.
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2009, 09:29:07 am »

when will it be time to get nice perks to blob us stuff? lol.

Warlight Offline
Donator

« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2009, 01:25:31 pm »

Overall, what I've been thinking lately is that the recent change has turned the game from "axis blob shreks and support weapon spam" to "brits blob and spam support weapons". Basically, the wehr players are getting a taste of their own medicine, and it really, really hurts, which is why there's such an uproar of "nerf plzzz" on the forums.

Then again, I've got flu and probably a bit delirious today, so it just may be me.

I don't think this is the case, at all.  Shrek blobs are horrendessly exensive, and while the may own tanks, can be eaten allive by a squad or two of rifles who supresse and granade, or rangers, or tommies.

Pio blobs and their newb tubes can walk over anything.

As per the support weapon spam.  If I pick up my morter or MG and set it up, I don't get full health.  If I take it out of a building, and put them back in, the building does not regen.  My MG or morter can be sniped in at most three shots by a sniper.  It takes a good 10 hits at least to snipe a emplacement with a Pak38.

And a pak38 is more valuable to me than a sniper so when i loose it hurts alot more.

EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2009, 03:22:16 pm »

...newb tubes can walk over anything....

I lol'd
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2009, 03:29:30 pm »

All that needs to be done is decrease the modifier for the piat damage against infantry, increase price to 100 munitions.

Increase emplacement build time by 10 seconds, reduce their unpack time by 10 seconds, reduce range by 5 or 10 units(5 of the bofors, 10 on the 17).

This, except maybe PIATs to 95 instead of 100 munitions. You have to remember that the Brits are without real mobile anti-tank assets, while PIATs might be a bit too good, they should not at all be nerfed into being crap like they were before. Brits NEED mobile AT to support the pocket 88 and firefly, which are both immensely situational platforms, the firefly even more so than the 17 lber.
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2009, 03:34:09 pm »

This, except maybe PIATs to 95 instead of 100 munitions. You have to remember that the Brits are without real mobile anti-tank assets, while PIATs might be a bit too good, they should not at all be nerfed into being crap like they were before. Brits NEED mobile AT to support the pocket 88 and firefly, which are both immensely situational platforms, the firefly even more so than the 17 lber.

As it stands, I kind of feel the piat is often more effective (against medium and heavy armour) than the shreck is. If it's 95mu for the piat upgrade you're only paying 44.5mu per piat which is really low. I saw a P4IS get insta slaughtered by two piat squads without firing a shot. The piat is currently superior to the shreck and whilst I know they needed better Man-AT, this is too far and way too cheap. It needs to be changed before pricing, I think most agree on that. When an AT weapon is sniping HMG's out of buildings with ease, I think there's a problem.....When an At weapon has rendered medium and heavy tanks obsolete I think there's a problem.
VictorTarget Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2009, 03:40:00 pm »

I think blobs would be fixed if instead of buying LTs and captains alone, you bought them as an upgrade to a squad.  They wouldn't be able to be targeted independently, (from the squad) they'd be more costly, and then you could give their bonus TO THAT SPECIFIC SQUAD.

The reason that brits blob (or at least, me) is because three LTs on a condensed brit force makes them absolute hell for any comers.  The more officers on more infantry, the greater the chance for ultimate victory. 

Think about it, maybe?  Or even give them some elite infantry of their own so that there are more than just tommies?  Royal Marines with the enfield, who can use an ability such as the Mad Minute to create suppression, but would be immobile, or be upgraded with a Boyes anti-tank rifle for an additional option of AT support?  Something?

A lot of these changes could be fixed by adding options to the british and PE.  It's like they ran out of ideas.  Maybe we should add more in, if possible?

Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2009, 03:45:50 pm »

And a pak38 is more valuable to me than a sniper so when i loose it hurts alot more.

Pak38 costs less, though :p
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2009, 03:46:33 pm »

We don't need new units. It would be better to just add a more significant stacking penalty to the officers.

CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2009, 04:08:37 pm »

nobody blobs shrecks. thats not costeffective like piat blobs and it never was

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc