Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 18, 2024, 09:24:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[October 14, 2024, 02:38:41 pm]

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Some British Notes  (Read 9240 times)
MannfredvonRitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2009, 05:52:09 pm »

You know, I had a nice big flamey reply for you all written up Malevolance, but I'm not going to bother, everyone knows what commandos do in ideal conditions and everyone knows just how broken the British are in their current incantation.

It may just be chance, but I haven't logged in to the launcher and seen you or gamesguy play any other faction except british, when wehr were op I saw you both play that so I see a clear pattern emerging from the both of you which to be honest, IF i'm right pretty much invalidates all of your ideas. Hell you both fought against the pak38 being nerfed and now you're all for a nerf when you suddenly are playing British. Come on.

Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2009, 06:11:24 pm »

I play both British and Wehrmacht presently - I played US equally as extensively before the last patch, but they aren't as interesting anymore now that Brits are actually viable to play with.

As for the PaK 38 nerf - I was against nerfing it when it had better counters like offmap artillery. Nowadays it needs a tiny something (my personal favorite idea is tuning down sight range while cloaked) to prevent it from scouting around places it shouldn't be. Maybe a one shot decloak, maybe less sight, maybe unable to cloak and move? I don't know, but a minor nerf to the PaK is in order - if there isn't one it won't be game breaking, in my opinion, but I think it'd be a bit more balanced of a unit if it got one.

Also, Ritter, you do realize I could say the same of you but tenfold more, I hope. You play PE, PE, and PE, and always want to buff PE. Coincidence? Unlikely, just like how when I play more of one faction I get frustrated with that faction's inherent weaknesses and ask for buffed units, or see a certain unit on the opposing side causing a lot of trouble and ask for a nerf if I think it is warranted. Obviously the factions we play DO effect our judgment, if slightly - we aren't nirvana-bound superbeings capable of passing arbitrary decisions on game balance at will and have them be perfect, after all...

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
MannfredvonRitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2009, 06:33:01 pm »

I play both British and Wehrmacht presently - I played US equally as extensively before the last patch, but they aren't as interesting anymore now that Brits are actually viable to play with.

As for the PaK 38 nerf - I was against nerfing it when it had better counters like offmap artillery. Nowadays it needs a tiny something (my personal favorite idea is tuning down sight range while cloaked) to prevent it from scouting around places it shouldn't be. Maybe a one shot decloak, maybe less sight, maybe unable to cloak and move? I don't know, but a minor nerf to the PaK is in order - if there isn't one it won't be game breaking, in my opinion, but I think it'd be a bit more balanced of a unit if it got one.

Also, Ritter, you do realize I could say the same of you but tenfold more, I hope. You play PE, PE, and PE, and always want to buff PE. Coincidence? Unlikely, just like how when I play more of one faction I get frustrated with that faction's inherent weaknesses and ask for buffed units, or see a certain unit on the opposing side causing a lot of trouble and ask for a nerf if I think it is warranted. Obviously the factions we play DO effect our judgment, if slightly - we aren't nirvana-bound superbeings capable of passing arbitrary decisions on game balance at will and have them be perfect, after all...

I used to play the British heaps, but eventually my Australian patriotism kicked in and I started to hate playing the country which kept screwing mine over Wink.

Actually I tend to gravitate towards the crappest team at any given time, previously that was the British, now it's the PE. Well, at least my perception of the crappest team. But yes, ask many people who played with me, I played almost all British last time around, commando and engineers, didn't try RCA however.

But you are correct in that since the last patch incantation I have played PE exclusively, mostly because I've been busy and didn't have the time to 'level up' multiple accounts again.
Ununoctium Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2009, 07:07:49 pm »

2 problems of piats:
free over-the-hedge. makes walls useless.
PE vehicles. almost all of these micro like cows... especially if there is a tiny tree because the ht's cant crush those and get stuck.

Quote from: shockcoil
Quote from: CrazyWR
My tigers get penetrated by everything.  Its really really frustrating.
Your tiger is a whore
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2009, 07:12:23 pm »

I recently had my second squad ever survive an IHT explosion. It was amazing, then they ran off due to being so low in health every hit killed one.

Anyway, Brits are more than fine for power right now.

Ununoctium Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2009, 07:15:09 pm »

I recently had my second squad ever survive an IHT explosion. It was amazing, then they ran off due to being so low in health every hit killed one.

Anyway, Brits are more than fine for power right now.

IHT.. lol I got lucky, 1 man survived with 1/3 or a 4-an squads health.... btw thats impossible.... the 4 piat sapper squads instagibbed him though because he popped out between the wreck and a building and was trapped. maybe not so lucky
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2009, 06:05:27 am »

PIATs do hit infantry quite a bit more often than shreks do ^^.

Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2009, 07:21:09 am »

There's more PIATs involved, though. Generally there's two squads of two piats each posing even a minor problem to infantry. Hell I'd bet my sappers kill more guys with the rifles than the piats and they only do 5 damage a shot...
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2009, 01:44:35 pm »

I'm sure if grens were only 4 pop cap and you could afford to have 4 gren squads on at once all with double schrecks AND had 4 officers supervising all of them ANNNNND your schrecks could phase through anything solid to hit its mark I'm sure they would be just as deadly as sapper blobs... though I don't even want to do the math as to how much more they would cost.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2009, 07:35:00 pm »

You know, I had a nice big flamey reply for you all written up Malevolance, but I'm not going to bother, everyone knows what commandos do in ideal conditions and everyone knows just how broken the British are in their current incantation.

It may just be chance, but I haven't logged in to the launcher and seen you or gamesguy play any other faction except british, when wehr were op I saw you both play that so I see a clear pattern emerging from the both of you which to be honest, IF i'm right pretty much invalidates all of your ideas. Hell you both fought against the pak38 being nerfed and now you're all for a nerf when you suddenly are playing British. Come on.

I had tank reapers, raid assault, OBM, fatherland defense, and conviction companies in EIR.  So your accusations of biase is just lol.  You might want to look in the mirror.

Anymore bullshit I have to disprove?  How many allied games have you played since the patch?  Oh wait, none! Roll Eyes
Schultz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2009, 12:47:10 am »

I'm sure if grens were only 4 pop cap and you could afford to have 4 gren squads on at once all with double schrecks AND had 4 officers supervising all of them ANNNNND your schrecks could phase through anything solid to hit its mark I'm sure they would be just as deadly as sapper blobs... though I don't even want to do the math as to how much more they would cost.
Still they wouldn't do as well as piats lol.
And yeah imagine 4 double schreker grens on the field being used as AI lol.
Nanaki Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2009, 09:16:06 pm »

The thing about PIATs is that the current PIATs are exactly the same as retail PIATs.

It shouldn't fire automatically, you told it to fire, and while the range does suck, it's a fairly cheap emplacement that is available to non doctrinal british. No other faction gets a nondoctrinal on-map howitzer, mobile or otherwise.

It did fire automatically, though. Not quite sure how, or why, or what, but it did. Also, Wehrmacht gets the Walking Stuka and the Nebelwerfer, which are superior to the 25 pounder.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2009, 06:27:49 am »

right-clicking within range of the howitzer while you have it selected, like a move order, if the howie has it's ability available to it, triggers a barrage...
Nanaki Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2009, 09:51:56 am »

I did not even have the Howitzer selected when it decided to barrage. My opinion at the time was that it was some kind of counter-battery, since I beleive it wiped out a mortar squad.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2009, 09:59:52 am »

It gets Counter-Battery at vet 3.....

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2009, 01:18:23 pm »

counter-battery is no longer in the game i thinks cuz it was broken.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
stickymaps Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2009, 12:12:02 am »

ya it didnt work really
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc