Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 18, 2024, 02:56:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[October 14, 2024, 02:38:41 pm]

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Petition to give the PE mortar halftrack smoke rounds  (Read 7125 times)
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« on: March 30, 2009, 10:09:58 am »

I think its just passivity from relic that this has never been patched in. All mortars in game in addition to some tanks get smoke rounds, but not the mortar halftrack. This could tremendously help PE against two types of targets which they easily can get problems with:

- Emplacements (Smoke in front of it, throw at nades)
- Mgs/infantry in buildings

They dont have any flamers but this could at least help g43 panzergrens storm into cities to get buildings without taking too much fire or throw incendaries without taking so much damage/supression from garrisoned weapons. It could also be used to help their frail halftracks to get where they want against an excess of AT

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Nanaki Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 10:11:03 am »

Actually, I think it is an OF thing. British Mortar Commandos/Mortar Trenches do not get smoke rounds either.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 10:12:13 am »

Roll Eyes

Commando mortar gets smoke, so it has nothing to do with OF.
TheDeadlyShoe Offline
Weapon of Math Destruction
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 10:48:15 am »

I don't think mortar commandos get a smoke bombardment actually. Though it's been ages since I've played commandos. Brits do get smoke grenades on riflenade squads, which are damn useful.

Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 11:09:19 am »

Mortar mandoz get a smoke fire up, but no smoke barrage. Brits had smoke from :
CCT
Mando self-smoke
Rifle Nades

Brit Mortars and PE mortar HT need smoke too Sad.

CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 11:15:01 am »

Mortar mandoz get a smoke fire up, but no smoke barrage. Brits had smoke from :
CCT
Mando self-smoke
Rifle Nades

Brit Mortars and PE mortar HT need smoke too Sad.

no brit mortars mustnt get smoke, that would make blob unstoppable! u can only stop them with HMGs atm but only if the LT is not on vet1-.-

Leafedge Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2009, 12:13:14 pm »

Edit: Ugh, wrong thread.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 12:18:02 pm by Leafedge » Logged
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2009, 03:36:35 am »

I'd like to see the smoke as well, it is useful tool for PE since they lack of it. They are like Russians that must charge a MG without any cover ability xD

Smoke would make PE a tad bit stronger- nowadays 1 MG with AP rounds kinda stops them there....

Would it be possible to replace the Flame grenade to a normal handgrenade? I mean only use I've found for incindiary nade is to clear trentches in VCoH (which kinda makes Brits to just insta delete the trentch and walk away) vs good players it is useless little annoyance... xD especially if there's a triage behind the MG building

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2009, 04:18:15 am »

simple nades are dodgeable just like the incendiary nades. If you throw in an incendiary nade in a building, the building is rendered unusable for the duration of the engagement. If you throw a nade in, the enemy can pop out and back in, so you only do damage if the enemy is a retard(just like the incendiary), but incendiaries at least grant area denial.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2009, 05:13:12 am »

Replacing their nades arent neccessary as the incendary nade is most likely getting a small price reduction (5-10 munitions) from what I've heard since its so hard to get any kills out of your incendaries. Its semi useful to throw on at guns to damage the weapon, but as for countering .30 cals it is very weak because of the many stone/good houses in EIRR.
DemonicTruism Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2009, 05:39:22 am »

simple nades are dodgeable just like the incendiary nades. If you throw in an incendiary nade in a building, the building is rendered unusable for the duration of the engagement. If you throw a nade in, the enemy can pop out and back in, so you only do damage if the enemy is a retard(just like the incendiary), but incendiaries at least grant area denial.
Or you can ignore the incendiary grenade, take half damage on a squad and win the engagement.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2009, 05:59:08 am »

Or if I see you're being a retard and staying in flames I'll just outshoot you easily by getting into light/heavy cover or as much as get out of red cover, and win easily. G43s do awesome damage vs units in houses, and the Kar 98 ain't too shabby either. The incendiary grenade would pretty much kill you(or at least set you to 25 percent health if you're in a "good" house - only buildings to ignore incendiaries. nade are the church/chateaux) even without any "extra" damage provided by the weapons on the squad. It's not like the uber fail Anti-Building-Nade, it actualy does something.
And tell me this - when was the last time you saw 2 Pzgren squads together, and how often do you see just 1 coming to fight you? Two inc. nades into  your building at once and epic win ensues.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2009, 01:26:46 pm »

I think there needs to be some kind of draw back to MHTs if they get smoke rounds, I mean MHT are already incredibly deadly, what I am thinking is something a little outside the box, why not give say the vampire HT the ability to call in a smoke barrage to make it a little bit more multi purpose, just like how the MHT is more multi purpose with its mine and goliath laying abilities.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2009, 06:11:22 pm »

I think there needs to be some kind of draw back to MHT... I mean MHT are... it a little bit more multi purpose, just like how the MHT is more multi purpose with its mine and goliath laying abilities.

First off using the same acronym to describe 2 different things is Fail

And I'd take smoke rounds on anything. Smoke is so vital. I even mentioned it before and people chastised me for saying that Incendiary rounds were way better then smoke... fools.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Scyn Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2009, 06:59:19 pm »

As long as the smoke would cost munitions I'm all for it, since a MHT can be extremely annoying and deadly in the right hands.

God is a genetically induced obsession that we interpret in such a way as to maintain our obedience.
EliteGrens Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2009, 07:05:32 pm »

Mortar pit can also be very annoying and deadly in the right hands.
In fact, every unit can be very annoying and deadly in the right hands.
Scyn Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2009, 07:09:21 pm »

Was just a point to say that the MHT is far from worthless.
31stPzGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2009, 08:20:24 pm »

In fact, every unit can be very annoying and deadly in the right hands.

If you can show me how you can make Kettenkrad extremely deadly, I would love to see it. I can totally understand how annoying it can be however.
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2009, 08:33:40 pm »

You could use it to block tanks.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2009, 08:36:42 pm »

I think there needs to be some kind of draw back to MHT... I mean MHT are... it a little bit more multi purpose, just like how the MHT is more multi purpose with its mine and goliath laying abilities.
First off using the same acronym to describe 2 different things is Fail

haaahahah! oh man, so true, im sorry about that, i deserve a captain john luc for that.

for those that didnt feel like deciphering my horrible acronyms...

I think there needs to be some kind of draw back to Mortar HTs if they get smoke rounds, I mean Mortar HT are already incredibly deadly, what I am thinking is something a little outside the box, why not give say the vampire HT the ability to call in a smoke barrage (that costs munitions, with an appropriate cool down) to make it a little bit more multi purpose, just like how the Muni HT is more multi purpose with its mine and goliath laying abilities.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc