Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 06, 2024, 03:26:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: elitist mod  (Read 7360 times)
DuckOfDoom Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2009, 06:25:07 am »

EIR has become too much of a elitist mod where new players get stomped to oblivion.

not to mention the 30/5/5 players stacking vs 0/5/5 guys....

I will play with you, now stop whining or I will arty you.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2009, 06:30:52 am »

There isn't any problem at loosing a game right now, you get some PP and don't loose any experience unless you loose your units (and that's you fault not your noob-mates fault).
So maybe if the "WIN" "LOOSE" stats weren't showed, those who considere themselves "pros" would play with new players more often.

Thats a very correct analysis but mind you many players want some sort of 'competition' to keep them playing, especially once leaderboards come back into play giving them more bragging rights. There may be ways of combining best of both worlds however.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2009, 09:10:00 am »

There isn't any problem at loosing a game right now, you get some PP and don't loose any experience unless you loose your units (and that's you fault not your noob-mates fault).
So maybe if the "WIN" "LOOSE" stats weren't showed, those who considere themselves "pros" would play with new players more often.

yep, I do stack, why? For example, I just lost a game because my teammate´s paks were never facing the right direction, and he was suiciding p4s in the meantime.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2009, 09:48:03 am »

Gamesguy artillery'd my oversupplied PIAT sappers last night. He's not even a noob teammate, imagine what a noob could do to my poor company! Sad

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
perfil02 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2009, 09:50:46 am »

yeah.. i suppose people here prefer to crush noobs in 5 min game than try to help/teach them how to play. Noobs are not the ones to blame about the stacking thing.
DuckOfDoom Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2009, 09:53:19 am »

Do what I do: yell at newbies and call them faggots until they do the right thing.

But play games with them.

puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2009, 10:49:45 am »

Well everyone enjoys a good stomp now and again but its the same problem in Normal EIR except there are not multiple companies to use. 

I used ot have 1 company i used with Noob Teamates that i didn;t care about vet with and i could enjoy a game with them. 

Currently with all my time and energy invested into one company, the liklihood of me getting my vet wiped out, or even enjoying a game diminishes because a player of truly low skill does not understand nbasic game mechanics. 

For an examply, Riflemen will not kill a panther unless they hav stickes, no matter how many bullets you shoot...  And i have seen peoepl sit there and go tow to tow, Or an MG with AP rounds vs heavy armor.....   Or shreck teams VS rifles, as in 2 shreck squads vs 3 rifles.....  and suddenly my armor is getting shrecked..... 

With so much time and energy invested into one company....  its hard to play with newer people and lose it all..., and No i MIGHT not, But if i want to wun the game, i must push and be more bold with my units to make up for my partner's lack of skill to aliveate the pressure from his side.  IF i don;t he will get overrun andi will get pout flanked. 

The funny part is also, Better players target the noobs....  As in, on the field of battle if Donnie Dark is on one Side and Shlomo is is on the other....  Shlomo is hit by 2 players and then hes like wait... why are they only attacking me... 

Good tactic, tough for newer players to swallow, then the good player gets upset beause they are overrun so easily because they are not used to overwhelming forces hitting them. 

Wel all know everyone spends time on their companies, at least give people chances,a nd don;t "Refuse " to play people.  Just play the games suck it up and try to win.

If someone tells you they will refuse to play with someone, leave the game, go host ur own and let them winge and complain alone in a game and no one will play with them either. 

Just because you have the skill level tipped in your favor.... And you don;t want it tipped in someone elses....  Does not give you the right to ostrisize people from a game.

Puddin' spamtm
i cant really blame smokaz i mean playing against puddin is like trying to fight off breast cancer. You might win and do it and be a bad ass but you'll feel sick and mutilated forever.

Puddin' spamtm is soulcrushing... what's hard to understand about that?
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2009, 03:39:25 am »

Here here puddin!

Ive also toyed with another idea.

Bracketed games.  IE limited by rank.
Im not going into details, but I think I have a solution to offer at least the *possibility* of a non-stack game.

No, It wouldnt be for all games.  It wont even be a toggle or anything.
*secret squirrel*

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2009, 03:41:17 am »

Plz dont get A.N.T.S. back. It failed horibly. At the end noone could get a game running.

This community is full of a bunch of mindless idiots with memories like two year olds.

https://www.etsy.com/de/shop/ShitGlitter?ref=l2-shop-header-avatar
I'm not sure what you're so defensive about Tank.
 he makes shab look like a princess giving food to the poor.
Schultz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2009, 04:07:59 am »

Plz dont get A.N.T.S. back. It failed horibly. At the end noone could get a game running.

You speak of it like it was the A.I.D.S. Come on man, only thing that was bad was red games. (for the thousand time)
Nevyen Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2009, 04:10:02 am »

ants will not be coming back

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc