Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 03:24:17 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Precision Strike  (Read 11645 times)
BigDick
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2009, 03:23:27 am »

And Ak, before dodging gunnug, are you playing any axis ?
all devs play mainly allies (except panzerjaeger)
eirmod plays sometimes pe
but since he has to work hard for making this mod (thx for that Smiley ) he do not play that much

i am playing ,  and so far the "changes" are mostly in favor of allies , axis are getting nerfed

they are since eirr is out (some buffs but as a whole more nerfs)

Akra u better stop this here before people start with stuff like rrs, Hedgrowjumping piats and missing shrecks.  Roll Eyes

indeed shreks are only good at close range or on people that do not know how to use tanks

i drove my m10 yesterday around the map with shreks everywhere raping some pe "armor" and squshing stormies
almost nothing hit me (especially since the paks are useless)

• remove offmap arty completely (including FOO)
  • nerf onmap arty that has no drawbacks (calliope mainly and a little bit priest and hummel)
  • remove pak38 (useless anyways)
Schultz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2009, 03:31:19 am »

You'll have to play with them like you would an Allied ATG, except you can setup traps better with them and they won't fire at infantry

Can you fix the dreadful atg sniping on infantry and especially snipers ? I swear sometimes theyre worst than jeeps.

Also the inadequacy of schreks and nerfed pak will show when new tov units will enter eir, and every allied player spams them.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2009, 03:32:47 am »

PE is my main, but Im also playing brits for testing atm.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2009, 07:55:18 pm »

What u guys always forget is that the damage it does is much lower. U wont 3 shot a sherman with a pak. Also Allies have much more effective light armor that can circle around and doesnt get killed by small arms fire. Actually u can cover an atg with 1 mg but u cant do that with a pak.Every  decent player knew how to counter the "old" paks.  But whatever lets see how it works out.

Oh btw i think this was about precision strikes. Grin Grin Grin

Pak38 fires once every 3.7 seconds, 115 damage per shot.  115/3.7=31 dps.

57mm fires once every 5.3 seconds, 150 damage per shot.  150/5.3=28.3dps.

Pak outdamages the 57mm.   Yes 57mm can get two shots of AP for a munitions cost, but pak also has a free AP shot from cloak, which doesnt dissapear if you reman the pak, unlike AP rounds.
As usual Chefarzt has no idea wtf hes talking about.
wildsolus Offline
Donator

« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2009, 08:26:06 pm »

• remove offmap arty completely (including FOO)
  • nerf onmap arty that has no drawbacks (calliope mainly and a little bit priest and hummel)
  • remove pak38 (useless anyways)

o.O

CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2009, 05:50:21 am »

ACtually after 3 its close to useless, probably even engine damaged. AHHH nevermind forgot my own rule to never participate in pointless discussions. HF
Btw Precision Strike kills whole armies!!!

btw, its the same as arty barrage of infantry doctrine but with only 1 strike

VERTIGGO Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2009, 12:31:32 pm »

I will try not to add ammunition to the doc vs doc debate, but currently precision strike is just about useless. If the enemy sees the smoke, any unit within the target area has plenty of time to pack up and go, including mortars and mgs. Also, if you use it on an emplacement, it's pathetic (1 round) so there's no point.

I'm not saying blitz needs an awesome arty strike like everyone else, but the only thing it's useful for currently is scaring a squad off a piece of land which is pathetic for any T2.

TOV units = intentionally OP marketing gimmicks
pqumsieh Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2009, 02:38:42 pm »

try using your precisious strike at a better time. Do it when your opponent has to make a micro decision; micro his infantry or micro his support. If you just use it when everyone is idlying expect it to fail. The ability is fine, its the player behind the ability that makes it powerful.

Quote that shit bitches,

PQ

Common sense is not so common after all.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2009, 03:19:28 pm »

It's also best used when an mg/mortar is just about to set up, usually he will not be able to cancel the set up animation. By the time he's finally packed up it'll be too late.

The ability is fine, its the player behind the ability that makes it powerful.
This.
Blitzen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2009, 03:43:58 pm »

Yea,  hitting atgs is hard, aim slightly behind them, since they usually will back it up, but they will get away if they move.  Mortars though you can almost always get.  Thats what I use both of mine for.  That way your mortar can hammer away without fear.

Bullshit, only fags and girls dont like star wars Tongue
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2009, 07:24:18 pm »

Lol talk about necro.

Anyways precision strike is easy to use, wait till whatever you are dropping it on is firing and drop it, it cannot be avoided.

Since the reset I've used precision strike like 8 times, every single time I killed an ATG or a mortar, twice I killed two mortars(they were sitting too close together and I dropped it between then) and once I killed two ATGs.    Its a very effective weapon and gives you 99% chance of removing one support weapon if you aren't dumb.

That being said, between all the other offmaps like "I kill this tiger 30 meters away from smoke one hit" earthshaker precision strike is fine.    Notice when this topic was started there were very, very, few other offmaps in the game.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2009, 09:35:29 pm »

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc