Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 07, 2024, 06:46:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I think stormtroopers need a nerf  (Read 23501 times)
#Freek Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: May 18, 2009, 03:49:16 pm »

Yes, you heard me.

Your excellent defensive position, covered by ATG's MG's and m10's is useless when 1 stormtrooper, which walked right through your killing field undetected, uncloaks, rapes your MG's and/or ATG's and then melts away with impunity shortly followed by a tank rush.

I think stormtroopers should get a nerf of somekind, increased price/reduced availability.
1) Limits on the cloak [in cover? timer on recloaking (like bar suppression)]
2) Limits on what they can use [shreks, stg44s, nades]
    So as to prevent insta-raping, and give the ally some time to react.
3) Reduced health/whatever making them easier to kill, reducing their ability to just gtfo by retreating, better watch your vetted troopers more.

Because right now, it's absurd, the troopers can kill almost anything that walks near them with impunity, and with a cloak to escape punishment.  No one is going to spam jeeps and barbwire around the map, jeeps are for snipers and mortars, not invisible squads of Do0m.

Last game I lost:
a mortor, randomly walking along a road was gunned down, my rifles were unable to find them after the fact.
2 M10's got shrecked to hell in 5 seconds
1 Quad destroyed, even though it managed to suppress the squads -_-
3 MG's, were facing the 'wrong' way
2 ATG's that died instantly
And thats only what I noticed getting killed, there were probably a few units that just 'dissapeared' while I was busy microing elsewhere...

I managed to maybe run off 3 squads, but couldn't kill a single unit. 
What would axis players think if my SMG'ed rangers uncloaked behind their units and raped them???
At this rate, I don't know why the hell I play as allies... they have *no advantages* whatsoever, axis can whine about [insert 'OP' allied unit], but we all know that every axis unit is superior to it's allied 'counterpart'.

Why does any1 play allies?  Not me, I'm done with this.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 03:54:52 pm by #Freek » Logged
Two Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 03:52:19 pm »

While your at it buff KT's

IplayForKeeps: if we were an equation
IplayForKeeps: it would be
IplayForKeeps: two = keeps
IplayForKeeps: i only have 1 friend
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 04:12:50 pm »

I am inclined to agree, but I dont know if outright nerfing the unit would be correct. Reinstating their vcoh weakness (supression resistance) however would go a long way into making them harder to use. Right now any noob can use storms because they just cloak and run around the corner without being supressed. Just look at the wehr unit leaderboards, it looks like this:

Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
#Freek Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 04:18:26 pm »

I am inclined to agree, but I dont know if outright nerfing the unit would be correct. Reinstating their vcoh weakness (supression resistance) however would go a long way into making them harder to use. Right now any noob can use storms because they just cloak and run around the corner without being supressed. Just look at the wehr unit leaderboards, it looks like this:

Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Well, I hope you mean suppressible by normal fire, b/c if they uncloak infront of an MG... well that's just a no0b mistake.  Also, do they recloak when suppressed?
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 04:22:53 pm »

If I ever see a ranger with smgs uncloak behind me I`d shit on my pants.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Armfelt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 04:25:18 pm »

Just look at the wehr unit leaderboards, it looks like this:

Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

I just must mark that allies got even more vet 3 rangers on the leaderboards than the wehr got Storms.

"Well opinions are like assholes, everybody has one."
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 04:33:36 pm »

Infantry vet has nothing to do with a unit being a god, its just about hitting retreat.

Stormies are easy to beat, 1 BAR squad can pin 2 squads in seconds. Second BAR squad kills them off.

Reman weapons with rifles, profit.

BigDick
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 04:34:23 pm »

Just look at the wehr unit leaderboards, it looks like this:

Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

1. to vet units that can retreat is mostly easier than tanks
2. support weapons are killed by artillery
3. most people do not use kch (not cost effective)
4. pios and volks have to less health and to less damage output to vet fast
5. stormtroopers are used to finish off heavy damaged tanks => get xp for one shrek burst and are more tough than grens

=> stormtroopers get faster vet than the other axis units

and afaik they only changed the recover rate from supressed to unsupressed after supressing unit is gone and not the supression resistance like someone said
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2009, 04:42:15 pm »

Does anyone see a post from bigdick in this thread? I dont.

Also take notice how there are NO rifles in the leaderboard. Wehr leaderboard consists mainly of super grenadiers and storms.

Also dont expect a lot of neutral opinions here as currently it seems like 90% of all wehr companies are blitz.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 04:48:35 pm by Smokaz » Logged
bfhogues Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2009, 04:45:56 pm »

Whine.
nerf axis because they got a limited use expensive unit that it too hard to kill with my instant bar supression and basic not sucking skill set. nerf the pak becuase it is too hard to arty when it is cloaked. nerf axis inf health becuase sometimes a squad lives through "a" howie shell... i dont want them knowing what vet feels like, i mean with 4 whole men it is so easy to gain vet an allied player could do it.
i poop on your whine.

-Wolfgor

EscforrealityTLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2009, 04:49:48 pm »

Surly you are referring to grenadiers in the as I see more of them, 6 Stromtrooper squads to 10 Grens? Also You seem to have ignored the fact that there are 9 Rangers squads. By you logic in rangers would need a larger nerf (almost 1.5 times greater) than that of the Stormtroopers?

I fail to see your logic to be honest as you may or may not know most Wehr players play Blitz so most people have Storms yet there are only 5 on the leader board?

Pwanawan baby!
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2009, 04:53:33 pm »

Right now most people play Blitz because it gives the most bonuses.

I play PE, I don't use Stormies, my units all suffer at the hands of Allied assault infantry.

Oh god, NERF rangers, they run up through my lack of MGs and kill my light vehicle in a burst!!! OP!!!! OP!!!

Oh wait, I can counter them with G43 Slow, Incidiery effects, and ATHT Focus Fire...

Just like you can counter Stormies with BARs, Quads, Jeeps, Wire, TTs, Mines, Rangers, Flamethrowers etc.

Stop setting up little closely packed doom forts and expecting them to live if you don't guard your flanks.
wildsolus Offline
Donator

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2009, 04:55:59 pm »

you can see rangers coming...most of the time stormtroopers appear because the enemy wants them to or you stumbled into them.

Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2009, 04:59:07 pm »

the moving while cloaked is lame...  make it where they can only cloak when not moving then we are gold... anytime i unit can walk between two buildings that are covered by hmgs and a rilfe dudes and walk across the open field to pop a howi is... LAME.. 

i know, i know.. mines, barbed wire etc... but meh, things walking around in open or between a heavily guarded area cloaked is LAME..

lololol.

Armfelt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2009, 05:17:33 pm »

well to turn it around... Shouldn´t all infantry units be able to "fire up" then?
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2009, 05:20:16 pm »

No, riflemen, volks, and grenadiers are all too cowardly and/or tactically sound to charge down the gullet of a machine gun.

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
Scyn Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2009, 05:21:06 pm »

Storm Troopers will not be changing. Once doctrines are in and other things are balanced out, storm troopers will just be another niche a unit can fill.

God is a genetically induced obsession that we interpret in such a way as to maintain our obedience.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2009, 05:21:18 pm »

Now that we are at it

Why not as well take off Fire up from rangers if we take cloak away from Stormtroopers? Both do the same thing in the end. I wanna see Rangers without fire up and Storms that can only cloak in cover! That'd be cool! Wait...would it?

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Armfelt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2009, 05:23:47 pm »

Storm Troopers will not be changing. Once doctrines are in and other things are balanced out, storm troopers will just be another niche a unit can fill.

agree.
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2009, 05:24:01 pm »

What if Stormtrooper cloak was a timed ability, say.... 30 seconds with a 90 second recharge
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc