Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2024, 05:31:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ATG vs ATG put a stop to it?  (Read 17511 times)
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2009, 01:54:11 pm »

Omg seriously guys, Pak and ATG are fine. No need to nerf it even more. As stated paks are not as common as you may think because they still cost more than an ATG.
And wtf, this sounds like you all try and let a atg alone hold the front. You deserve to die then.

When the pak shoots it gives away it s position. Mortar it, or rush it or whatever. Same with atg. It's a battle goddamnit, who says that some units aren't allowed to shoot each other?
Seriously calm down.

Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2009, 01:54:55 pm »

You're not debating, you're creating a scenario that is highly unlikely and you know it.

Yes, PaK sniping or a panzerschrek attempting to blow up your AT gun is heavily unlikely, as is an enemy tank firing at it or it being hit by indirect fire, thus damaging the gun itself. Very, very unlikely, which is certainly why we have nobody making threads about it happening.

No, wait...

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
Bubz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2009, 01:55:38 pm »

Actually he does got a point. You're trying to say that in a 1v1 the 57mm should just be taken back, end of the problem, but if you think that way barred rifles would be insanely op because they can nearly beat every unit in 1v1 by using suppression, every unit should be taken in its longevity. I am an infantry player and I always lack at because they die so easily to lots of things: long range mortars take 2 hits to kill them,rushing ac pumas fast vehicles and even scout cars can kill an atgun in no time leaving the core infantry of my forces exposed without giving me time to react, zooks suck, shermans can't do anything while there are schreks on the field, since eir seemed to be turned into a light vehicles boom armored rush feast I fail to see a way to have fun with infantry company.
If you can take away paksnipe it would be a lot funnier to play us.
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2009, 01:57:09 pm »

12:00 am ,  somewhere in the wild west.....

Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2009, 01:59:18 pm »

This is an accurate representation of the scenario, I feel.
Scyn Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2009, 02:05:38 pm »

No.. It's a highly unlikely situation for a Pak to engage in combat, hit the 57. 57 moves back. Pak moves forward and fires again. - It's beyond unlikely. The Pak has a .5 accuracy modifier vs the 57. The 57 on the other hand hasn't(to my knowledge) any reduced accuracy modifier vs the Pak, it has it's base accuracy as it always has.

God is a genetically induced obsession that we interpret in such a way as to maintain our obedience.
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2009, 02:08:16 pm »

The trick is not to have the atg up front but behind say rifles. Nobody is going to go for an atg to snipe it then.
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2009, 02:11:35 pm »

No.. It's a highly unlikely situation for a Pak to engage in combat, hit the 57. 57 moves back. Pak moves forward and fires again. - It's beyond unlikely. The Pak has a .5 accuracy modifier vs the 57. The 57 on the other hand hasn't(to my knowledge) any reduced accuracy modifier vs the Pak, it has it's base accuracy as it always has.

How lovely, an accuracy modifier.

That doesn't change the fact that the PaK, statistically anyway, is guaranteed a hit in the two free shots it's going to get on that 57mm, which means the 57 is at around half health. Really statistics don't work that way, but we pretend they work as average when calculating things like this, so let's pretend they do work like that.

What you're saying is that the 57mm being shot by a PaK is not relevant. This is complete bollocks. How about I shoot your sherman with a PaK, is that not relevant either? What about I snipe a member of your ranger squad? I don't see how taking damage on a unit is irrelevant. Whether it's the PaK that kills it in the second battle or a schrek or a tank doesn't matter, the PaK shot it and that is very relevant to the topic at hand. Furthermore, I know being AT creeped with the stop-cloak PaK is possible because it's happened to me in the past, in fact I think the replay is posted somewhere. So, apparently, I should go to Vegas, because the situation I just described happened to me several times over the course of a game.
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2009, 02:12:27 pm »

Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2009, 02:14:39 pm »

You could at least try not to suck at painting.
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2009, 02:16:41 pm »

Dude, it's like Rembrandt.

Also, it shows how a damaged AT gun is relevant during "battle #2", in this case the clearly and well depicted stormtroopers single schreking the AT gun, thereby killing it while in an instance where the PaK had not shot the 57mm, it would live.
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2009, 02:31:35 pm »

This is the truth and you know it.

No seriously get something in front and you wont be attacked.
Scyn Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2009, 02:33:29 pm »

Baine ftw.
Sharpshooter824 Offline
I <3 Aloha
EIR Veteran

« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2009, 02:52:36 pm »

Ok, i've played I don't know how many countless rounds in vCoH and EiR with Paks completely obliterating anything to do with vehicles, then moving back a tiny bit behind safe cover of MGs and what not. Paks going camo makes mortaring near impossible because you have no clue if its moved or not, recon runs are not always readily available and they can just simply move after they get reconed.. etc. If paks lost camo ability and had some other ''ability'' i'd be fine because then Allies could flank paks like wehr flank 57mms... if you can't see the AT gun you are trying to flank how are you supposed to flank it?

Paks make allied vehicles completely useless on the field, infantry try to move in and take them out just to get murdered by MG42s, LMG42s, etc.

Back on subjects, Paks have such a high rate of fire that they easily snipe 57mms before the US player notices and has time to move it away..and when you go and try to take the pak out with infantry, oh look! they moved the MG42 up and some grens, gg
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 02:57:08 pm by Sharpshooter824 » Logged

Rawr
Scyn Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2009, 02:58:28 pm »

Most people highly underestimate the usefulness of scouting. Be it by jeep, bike, sniper or storm troopers, having access to your opponent's whereabouts can make all the difference in the world.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2009, 03:11:06 pm »

This is the truth and you know it.

No seriously get something in front and you wont be attacked.

This bullshit luger owned 3 of my vet 3 paras in the face. 1 shot each. WTF. i no longer have vet 3 paras- highly upsetting.

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2009, 03:16:40 pm »

lol.... @ paksnipe, I mean, cmon, the 57 gun can be healed really fast by the triage.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2009, 03:19:14 pm »

lol.... @ paksnipe, I mean, cmon, the 57 gun can be healed really fast by the triage.

/care about the paksnipe its the fuckin noob with luger owning my guys in the face.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2009, 03:44:15 pm »

because its so convenient to pull your 57 off the line to heal it, its not like he isn't going to make a push when you pull it all the way back to the safety of your triage.

also, yeah, i wouldnt believe how good of an idea it is to scout! OMG why didnt i think of that? oh wait i did and the pak i was looking for 1 shot my jeep, or destroyed its engine on the first hit and killed it with the second. and those rifles i keep near my AT gun? well the MG that is guarding the pak... yeah, that takes care of them.

im starting to wonder if some of the people posting in here even play as US  Huh

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2009, 03:50:05 pm »

first fix atgun infantry sniping, then the luger because this happens much more often (and u know it).

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc