Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 01, 2024, 04:40:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Faust price, AP rounds for mgs  (Read 15825 times)
Rocksitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2009, 10:14:34 am »

The Faust was a greatly feared weapon and should also be feared in EIRR I still use them on some of my squads but I do agree that the price or weapon needs work..

Achtung! Feuerstrahl!

Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2009, 10:39:24 am »

We were *thinking* of reverting its damage to pre-patch values.
That or it will likely get a price decrease indeed.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 11:37:31 am by Unkn0wn » Logged
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2009, 11:33:55 am »

If we told you.. then we'd have to delay it more so we can change it around and make it a surprise again.

hahahaa.

the US side of me says just decrease faust prices, but the wher player in me says revert it's damage back!

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
BeRzErKeR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2009, 06:05:42 pm »

The Faust was a greatly feared weapon and should also be feared in EIRR I still use them on some of my squads but I do agree that the price or weapon needs work..

Achtung! Feuerstrahl!
Were you there when it was just vCoH?... Man.. those things were AMAZING! They were like instant grenades that could take out 2-3 men in a squad and do great damage to armor.. I miss em  Cry
Blitzen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2009, 11:42:55 am »

Faust needs the damage increase IMO.  Axis tansk/vehicles fear allied inf for stickies/piats/brens,  allied vehicles/tanks should fear axis inf for AT nades(rofl) and fausts.

Bullshit, only fags and girls dont like star wars Tongue
Bubz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2009, 12:12:16 pm »

I think you forgot Schreks.
Scyn Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2009, 12:20:29 pm »

Fausts are a sensitive issue, if they do too much damage and cost too little then there's an abundance of fausts. You have to remember, they don't miss and they rarely don't penetrate. A Faust is like a sticky in all respects.. you have to get in range, and there's the wind-up animation which makes it avoidable and makes them wasted a lot of times. This is the reason why many allied players don't take a lot of stickies and why axis don't take fausts.. Wasted munitions. This is all about getting the most usefulness out of your battalion for your resources.

God is a genetically induced obsession that we interpret in such a way as to maintain our obedience.
Blitzen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2009, 12:34:14 pm »

I purposely left out shrecks, just as I left out RR and zooks, the reason being, you can see that the squads have them.  Unmarked squads should make you wary.  However, you can also see brens, so I gues that doens't work for them.  KCH, rifles, volks, panzergrens and falls should make their opponent want to stay back from the infantry with vehicles/tanks for fear of what they could have.  They can still kite the infantry, they just can't bumb rush in. 
Rocksitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2009, 01:33:01 pm »

The Faust was used by the Volksstum with deadly results in the hand of a Knights Cross holder it should indeed be a weapon to fear for the allies..

Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2009, 02:16:08 pm »

KCH, rifles, volks, panzergrens and falls should make their opponent want to stay back from the infantry with vehicles/tanks for fear of what they could have.

Good luck countering falls/KCH without tanks or vehicles ;P.

Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2009, 02:39:04 pm »

KCH, rifles, volks, panzergrens and falls should make their opponent want to stay back from the infantry with vehicles/tanks for fear of what they could have.

Well 1 faust won't do jackshit to a full health tank. But if you try to kill them with a low health tank, then yes, you should indeed be careful.

Blitzen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2009, 03:16:20 pm »

I'm not saying don't use vehicles,  I'm saying, you have to stay at range, use micro and skill.  Also, KCH die to brit blobs,  its only americans who may have trouble with em.  Unless they have stun, but that should punish noobs for blobbing.
Armfelt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2009, 09:10:53 pm »

"its only americans who may have trouble with em."

Riflemens with BARs "pwns" KCH anyday with its 1-2 sec supression. + if longrange fighting, a MP44 ain´t that great due to considering the price of the KCH.

About the panzer faust then... I am a bit unsure about it´s worth. IMO it should heavily damage light vehicles like bren carriers and halftracks + kill Jeep if hit. Though that being just a cheap massproduced "AT-toy" it should´nt be more than a "finishing move" vs. crippled tanks.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 09:25:02 pm by Armfelt » Logged

"Well opinions are like assholes, everybody has one."
Scyn Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2009, 09:42:16 pm »

Fausts deal heavy damage to light vehicles.

146dmg to be precise.
Armfelt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2009, 09:50:47 pm »

Think it takes forever to kill a quad with panzerfausts, it is just a lorry.

Think once there was 4 fallschirmsjägers that needed to fire their P.fausts to kill one quad. Perhaps just bad luck i guess.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2009, 11:06:58 pm »

I'm not saying don't use vehicles,  I'm saying, you have to stay at range, use micro and skill
Fausts have as much range as a tank cannon does, so just staying at range isn't enough, you have to reverse out of the faust before it reaches the point of no return - and that is only possible with light vehicles(if they don't decide to do a happy tank dance). It's actualy easier to dodge a faust close up by circling it and killing the guy that's firing the faust, than it is to avoid it from long range.

Riflemens with BARs "pwns" KCH anyday with its 1-2 sec supression.
I know two players who use BARs extensively - Nijo and Two.
For both, their riflemen are all vet 2-3 so they actualy have some survivability.
Unvetted BARs are pretty much crap, and even with vet they just plain suck. I'd rather grab a couple of quads and flamer engineers, even 50 cal upgrades on sherms and Greys, but not BARs.

BARs need 1-1.25 seconds to suppress a KCH squad at point blank range(I heard STG44s kill at that range rather well), and it can actualy climb back out of suppresion, then it climbs back out of suppression, kills a few more riflemen before they fire the second burst, and take 3 more bursts of BAR fire until they are finaly pinned, taking no casualties and causing immense ones to the rifle squad.

Think once there was 4 fallschirmsjägers that needed to fire their P.fausts to kill one quad. Perhaps just bad luck i guess.
375 HP on a quad, 146 dmg in shot from faust. 3 fausts needed to kill it, a lucky critical(engine damaged/destroyed instead of vehicle destruction) may save the quad. Though, that is rather unlikely.

About the panzer faust then... I am a bit unsure about it´s worth. IMO it should heavily damage light vehicles like bren carriers and halftracks + kill Jeep if hit

Why'd you waste a faust on a jeep when a pak instakills it anyway?
Armfelt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2009, 06:08:01 am »

Why'd you waste a faust on a jeep when a pak instakills it anyway?

Depends on the situation, normally i don´t even buy Pfausts and use the munis on other things. Though sometimes it can come in handy when perhaps a jeep tries to kill a sniper, or when the jeep would  have detected and perhaps resulted in death of stormies. On som larger maps it is hard to cover the field with Paks without it getting too unbalanced.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2011, 12:03:29 pm »

Ap rounds for 30 cals did never get lowered?

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2011, 12:37:15 pm »

it did, its 20 now, didn'dt it used dto be like 25-30? and why r u resurrecting a 2 year old thread

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2011, 12:38:07 pm »

Why you reply to thread necromancy?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc