Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 09:26:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: stop lmg spaming pls  (Read 22314 times)
Bubz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2009, 01:11:34 pm »

I said, 4-5 is the maximum you can get generally with rifles if you play well.
While as you can see from the leaderboard, there are no vetted rifles, but shitload of grenadiers, which means they surely kill a lot of stuff... Surely more than riflemen, if you're talking about effectiveness.
Obviously there are times when you kill less or when you kill more, but the average is in axis favour.
Now without changing the facts, or putting more stupid argument in the thread, that's what I wanted to say, a lmg grenadier squad kills more than barred riflemen.
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2009, 01:18:19 pm »

I said, 4-5 is the maximum you can get generally with rifles if you play well.
While as you can see from the leaderboard, there are no vetted rifles, but shitload of grenadiers, which means they surely kill a lot of stuff... Surely more than riflemen, if you're talking about effectiveness.
Again: The leaderboard doesn't show the amount of Vet 3 rifles, just the units with highest exp, there are as you may know(you play mainly with the best allied players) lots of Vet 3 rifles.
Using the leaderboard to balance things is totally flawed.

Obviously there are times when you kill less or when you kill more, but the average is in axis favour.
Now without changing the facts, or putting more stupid argument in the thread, that's what I wanted to say, a lmg grenadier squad kills more than barred riflemen.
Yes because as stated more than once, Axis squads are far less men than allies, what will result in higher k/d ratios for everything...

Bubz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2009, 01:25:27 pm »

I wasn't referring to vet Baine, I was referring to units squads kills. If you see grenadiers on the leaderboard and absolutly no rifles it means that the former kill a lot more stuff than the latter, regardless of the vet. And again I talked about effectiveness, if you wanna compare you gotta say grenadiers generally kill two times their worth in resources when used correctly, and riflemen barely kill their worth in resources, that's why as Mysthalin said they're not really cost-effective (plus if they're not upgraded they rarely kill half their worth in cost), while grenadiers are. If you want we can see what kind of changes are gonna be in unit prices, but I strongly feel they are going to reduce the price of quite a few of allied units, and I hope riflemen too.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 01:27:53 pm by Bubz » Logged
Scyn Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2009, 01:26:54 pm »

Here's the way I see it guys... Which a lot of the devs have seen it and we're working towards a change.

Commandos > Everything
Rangers > Everything
Rifles *w/BAR* > Most things

Storms *w/MP44* > Most things
KCH > Most things
Grenadiers *w/LMG42 x2 > Most things

Now watch this...

Storms *w/MP44* + medkit > Everything
KCH + medkit > Everything
Grenadiers *w/LMG42 x2 + medkit > Everything

Now see the problem we see here is that for much less munitions can allied units be deemed more useful. But when you get down to it, those few heavily armed axis units can take on wave after wave.. most times.. of assaulting allied units.

God is a genetically induced obsession that we interpret in such a way as to maintain our obedience.
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2009, 01:31:55 pm »

So we need to balance medkits. Getting rid of them and getting a healing bunker is a option?
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2009, 01:34:18 pm »

Can't fully agree with that analysis, KCH are quite weak in this version of EIRR. I use them now with flame pios, and they get trashed by british infantry and have to stay in green cover against bars. They cant lolcharge like they use to do in old eir.

Bren tommies > anything with LT support

Bars in the open with nades > almost everything depending on how fast supression kicks in

Double LMGs > almost anything 1v1, and they definitely rape flamers. Never try charging flame engineers against double lmg grens.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Bubz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2009, 01:35:04 pm »

Scyn, once riflemen use suppression (which doesn't mean they kill stuff) bars are kinda useless, and barred rifles are easily outclassed by lots and lots of axis combos, probably only volks (when not upgraded with mp40 and close range) can't stand to bars, but they 1v1 vs vanilla rifles, but rifles die nealy to anything once they used suppression. So "most things" is kinda hard to say, unless you talk about 1v1, but then again in 1v1 rifles nearly win every engange, put them in 2v2 or 3v3 engages and they lose easily to anything(obviuosly not 3 barred rifles vs 3 grenadiers because it's like playing 3x1v1)

And keep in mind that suppression isn't equal to kill. You can stay hours shoting at pinned troops without they take any casualty.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 01:37:46 pm by Bubz » Logged
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2009, 01:48:32 pm »

u always gotta escape when axis pop medkits<- they recieve a speed decrase for quite a while and thats its weakness and it costs 15mun for each uits, allies can heal their hordes with 140 mun which is more effective imo

Bubz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2009, 02:11:16 pm »

Yes sure, you make a perfect flank, or charge then that squad pop medikits and you suddenly turn back while they keep shooting outhealing all the damage you do. roflmao  Grin
not to mention the effect continues for some time when they get back to run again.
We just played a game Scyn and you saw that grens and stormies with medikits can kill basically everything, even rangers.
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2009, 02:14:31 pm »

u just avoid fighting grens with medkits.
medkits are not that good, but when a units stands in green cover NAD uses them, they are very good, thats not uber.
Scyn Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2009, 02:17:21 pm »

Yup. but to be fair.. for the cost involved on those two particular units I had they should win.
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2009, 03:21:47 pm »

Yup. but to be fair.. for the cost involved on those two particular units I had they should win.

You're forgetting assault, which rapes anything that cant fire up and run away on the allied side.   And fire up has a long cooldown, so once its in cooldown the elite infantry unit is vulnerable to more assault/suppress.

Allies don't have a "I rape this blob here" button with infantry.

Whining about bars is just rofl.  I have 0 bars in my company now, I used to run two, they were very ineffective.   
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2009, 03:29:25 pm »

I run 4 BARS in my company and each call-in of BAR's has a call-in has a commando squad to go with it. Suppression and rape are a wonderful combo.

do we got any other type of gun for inf ? let me quess , .     Cry

I laughed so hard here. the only AI option grens get is LMG, you want them to go unupgraded? or craft other weapons with their force of will?

I got no problem with BAR's. on their own they kinda blow but if you pair them with good stuff and use them properly they work great. The only problem is Rangers are the Americans only assault infantry. So you either need commando reinforcements or flamers.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
BigDick
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2009, 03:59:34 pm »

to say allies have no "rape that blob" weapon is just retarded

- bar supression
- nades
- calliope
- priest
- FOO
- croc
- quad

some people should really learn how to use bars

1. use suppression and carge (even when the bar squad dies...mission complete...)...and have something that charges with you (can be flamers, rangers, rifles, shermans) some meters behind
2. if you dont have at least one squad supression, only charge if you outnumber them
3. otherwise don't charge since moving accuracy modifier is "only" 0.5 put them in some cover...bars will win at longrange against lmg grens and they will win when the lmg grens charge u
(in last case you can even use suppression -> one bar supression to own them all)
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2009, 04:01:53 pm »

to say allies have no "rape that blob" weapon is just retarded

- bar supression
- nades
- calliope
- priest
- FOO
- croc
- quad

Bar suppression doesnt work against blobs unless you have a giant blob too.  Nades are easilly dodged and really short ranged.

Rest are not infantry based.
some people should really learn how to use bars

1. use suppression and carge (even when the bar squad dies...mission complete...)...and have something that charges with you (can be flamers, rangers, rifles, shermans) some meters behind
2. if you dont have at least one squad supression, only charge if you outnumber them
3. otherwise don't charge since moving accuracy modifier is "only" 0.5 put them in some cover...bars will win at longrange against lmg grens and they will win when the lmg grens charge u
(in last case you can even use suppression -> one bar supression to own them all)

Bring your American game and show me your uber bar skills.

I'd love to see it... oh wait you're too scared to play on anything except a smurf.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2009, 04:47:02 pm »

You know, I always approach trolling form an intellectual standpoint. Carefully though out statements and arguments. but after reading several of BigDick's post I'm still confused.

1.If it's trolling then it's a bad job
2.If it's stupidity then that can be forgiven to an extent
3. If it's intended trolling coming off as stupidity(See point 2)

What par of this infantry based discussion did you not understand. Of course tanks will help with blob control it costs you 12 freaking population it better do something. Even still BAR's are fine, LMG's are better in a close range environment, but thats one of the things about playing American.
Lt_Apollo Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2009, 05:02:16 pm »

Allys stop whinning.

1. LMGs ARE STATIONARY WEAPONS THIS MEANS THEY A VERY DIFICUALT TO USE AGRESIVLY.

2. ALLYS HAVE MORE TROOPS PER SQUAD LETTING YOU ALWAYS OUTNUMBER THE ENEMY

3. BARS ARE CHEEP EASY SUPRESION STOP SPAMING RANGERS AND UPGRADE YOUR RIFLES AND YOU WONT HAVE A PROBLEM.

4. ALLYED ARTY CAN DESTROY ANY AXIS BLOB AND SEEING AS ALLYED ARTILLERY IS AWAYS PRESENT YOU COULD EASLY HURT A AXIS BLOB.

5. STOP SPAMING HOWIES AND GO FOR THE CALLIE IT IS BY FAR SUPERIOR TO THE HOWIE IN ITS ANTI INFENTRY CAPABILITYS.

CONCLUSION.
THE ALLYED PLAYER SPEND TO MUTCH ON SPAMING RANGERS TO EFFECTIVLY UPGRADE THERE NORMAL SQUADS AND DUE TO THE MASS OF INFENTRY PLAYERS THE MAJORITY OF ALLYED ARTY IS HOWIES WITCH PALE IN COMPARISON TO CALLIES IN THERE ANTI BLOB CAPABILITYS.

CONCLUSION 2
AXIS MAY HAVE SUPEROIR WEAPONS BUT THE ALLYS HAVE MANY MANY! WEAPONS TO COUNTER THESE, AS LONG AS YOU DO NOT INVEST IN A SINGLE UNIT (RANGER) YOU WILL HAVE THE MUNITIONS TO INVEST IN MORE COVIENATE COUNTERS.

spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2009, 05:11:12 pm »

yeah a bren squad can probably beat an LMG squad stationary, and double LMGs are just a waste of resources, especially if you kill them with a grenade.

What's wrong with LMG spam??  I mean seriously Bars are pretty much the same thing, except they supress just as fast with supression fire.

Whermact blob??  I tell you once you destroy 1 blob that's close to half their army so dont worry too much about it.  like what, 70 muni for an LMG and 110 for a schrek, they're wasting their munitions quickly.

I know all some players want is an equivalent of a Kch squad or something decent.  If you want introduce a 4 man squad with Thompsons with Ranger like health for like 280/100 or something, which has the grenade and sticky options but no fire up.  Then you can pretty much afford more thompsons than ranger spamming and having to get bazookas as well.
BigDick
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2009, 05:12:52 pm »

What par of this infantry based discussion did you not understand. Of course tanks will help with blob control it costs you 12 freaking population it better do something. Even still BAR's are fine, LMG's are better in a close range environment, but thats one of the things about playing American.

the first part was an respond to ga..sguy where he said allies have no blob control
the thing of the second part is that you don't should expect a lonly bar squad supresses/pin and kill them all
the bar supresses aditional units kill....same like the good old mg42....mg42 supresses some other units kills....

- if you charge for (bar)supression don't charge alone
- don't charge lmg42 grens except you want to supress them

maybe that is easy enough for the most ppl to understand
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2009, 05:15:03 pm »

I DON'T PLAY ANYTHING BUT AXIS
fyp.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc