Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 03:48:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fix Med Packs  (Read 7756 times)
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« on: June 06, 2009, 12:48:09 pm »

As it stands right now, med packs are a complete utter joke. They basically say lol nope! not today! I'm going to keep living. Now first let's look at healing in EIRR.

Now US have the triage, it's pretty pricey, but that's the only healing you get for US, so you are a fool and your whole team hates you if you are inf and don't have one of these. It heals quick and it heals all your team mates, so since it's doctrine only it's balanced, oh yeah it's 2 pop cap. Same goes for PE, they have a healing vehicle that is doctrine specific, it heals a bit slower, but it's mobile and has an MG, balanced, it is 3 pop cap i believe? Brits have a triage center that is no pop cap, can heal all infantry, but it is timer based. CW also have health regen at vet 1, so this works out pretty balanced.

Now for the evil WM medkits. First off rangers and AB and CW get exhaustion from their "wtf gtfo" abilities, not WM. The only thing that happens is they are slowed walking... which if you are smart you just stay in green cover when you pop the medkits.

Secondly, I think the infinite uses are fine, with how much they cost I think infinite uses are good, the cool down is long enough, could maybe go up a little.

Third, there needs to be some down sides to healing, you SHOULD NOT be able to sit there under fire getting healed and killing units at the same time. But allies have triage and can do that! That's a doctrine ability though, and is usually way off the front lines to matter.

Forth, this works both ways, but the heal lasts for a long time. So you can be under fire and still get healed every time you take damage. The down side if you could actually call it that, is that once you are clear of enemy fire and fully healed, you are still slowed, the healing effects are still going, imo, medkits should be like repair kits, once at full health it should shut off.

Anyways, this is what should be done to make them used properly.
-When unit reaches full health med kit shuts off.
-When using the medkit units rof is brought down to 25%.
-Units are still slowed when using a medkit.

When you heal your men, it should be just like healing a vehicle, you get off the front lines and heal. I'm actually surprised this has never been addressed.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Scyn Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 12:54:45 pm »

It has been brought up many times, but we don't want to make a move on it at the moment until we see how it plays out in the long run with the doctrines. It's really not that bad right now. They're definitely very useful... but they have to be purchased on a per unit basis.. and I know from my axis company I have 5 or 6 units with medkits. Which is basically the cost of a triage, slightly less though.

God is a genetically induced obsession that we interpret in such a way as to maintain our obedience.
Bubz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 01:16:07 pm »

Someone said it should give zeal penalties and I agree, they are too uber in the way they are now, even with the 5-10 munition increase. Something should be definetly done about these things.
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 01:31:45 pm »

ur not right riki imo

medkits are pretty costly and wehr units only have costly upgrades ( lmgs, schrecks(very costly, paks, skirts, mortars)
medkits are completely NO problems because u just cant spam them.
and if u spam them, u dont have other upgrades.

Sharpshooter824 Offline
I <3 Aloha
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 01:40:00 pm »

Aloha your statements make you sound more and more axis biased every day even though we already know you are..its easy to afford med kits on your most valuable units and you know that.

Rawr
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2009, 01:46:54 pm »

lol... aloha.

you only need medkits on your grens and KCH, maybe your mortar, and doctrine wise, your officer and storms. And it's pretty easy to spare 20 munis if it doubles the effectiveness of your units.

For KCH they can go down to half health and not lose a man, and then pop medkit and not get killed. I say that's 20 muni in the right spot. Well 40 munis, since more people pair up their KCH together. Same goes for grens.

Mortar is a good thing to put it on because allied mortar can land about 2 hits on an axis mortar and not kill a guy, so you can lol heal, move to a different spot then own the allied mortar.
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2009, 02:10:16 pm »

lol... aloha.

you only need medkits on your grens and KCH, maybe your mortar, and doctrine wise, your officer and storms. And it's pretty easy to spare 20 munis if it doubles the effectiveness of your units.

For KCH they can go down to half health and not lose a man, and then pop medkit and not get killed. I say that's 20 muni in the right spot. Well 40 munis, since more people pair up their KCH together. Same goes for grens.

Mortar is a good thing to put it on because allied mortar can land about 2 hits on an axis mortar and not kill a guy, so you can lol heal, move to a different spot then own the allied mortar.

they already increased their price for 006.
1 triage by 1 inf player in ur team can heal every single units on the field, isnt that awesome? even ATGuns and ive never seen a medkit on paks.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 02:13:35 pm by aloha622 » Logged
Sharpshooter824 Offline
I <3 Aloha
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2009, 02:19:08 pm »

You are missing the whole point, medkits make units using them x2-x3 more effective for a measly 20 munitions or whatever it is and can be used ANYWHERE
aloha623 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2009, 02:21:17 pm »

triage venters too imo.
ask smokaz or killer or somebody, its best.
and
6 medkits (like on 6 grens) is 120 mun.
hmm
Latios418 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2009, 02:23:15 pm »

TRIAGE ISN'T ANYWHERE

Anonymous 06/19/09(Fri)11:55 No.4931966

Is Akranadas in this thread? Fucker can't stop bragging about his "waifu taldeer" and cosplaying in an eldar farseer costume while shouting "Flithy monkeighs!" interspaced with random eldar gibberish.
Sharpshooter824 Offline
I <3 Aloha
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2009, 02:23:37 pm »

Triage centers can be destroyed, have to be built by engineers, and cost 2 pop cap, and another 3 pop cap from bringing engineers in, you have to have a total of 5 spare pop cap to make a triage. They are also DOCTRINAL meaning they are alot different from medpacks and medpacks can be used aggressively. Your argument is pointless aloha.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 02:25:13 pm by Sharpshooter824 » Logged
aloha623 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2009, 02:26:12 pm »

well u dont have to fight gren with medkits, just run away, they are slow.

Latios418 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2009, 02:27:11 pm »

So for 20 munitions grens should be able to have an 'I win this fight button'? If you have to run from the fight then you've lost it.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2009, 02:36:45 pm »

Crush them with an M10. I can't count how many KCH or grens i catch using medkits. Then again i like to always have an M10 on the field, but any tank works.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Blitzen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2009, 02:46:08 pm »

who cares if he's axis biased? its mostly allied biased players wanting medkits gone.  Medkits do have negative effects, they make you stay still.  This is where tanks or arty come down and punish them.

Bullshit, only fags and girls dont like star wars Tongue
Leafedge Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2009, 02:50:27 pm »

Why can't it just be like the old system where axis got health regen at vet 1. That way, the Wehrmacht still had a way to heal their units, and it wasn't bullshit overpowered. Med kits could still be in, but were a tad more expensive (I think?) but only get a single use. What was so bad about this system? It allowed for the Wehrmacht to have healing, encouraged strategy and micro by differentiating the veterency attributes of the different factions, and was not grossly overpowered or underpowered. It encouraged intelligent unit usage rather than just hit a button every time you fuck up. The old system was great....  Undecided
Duckordie Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2009, 02:57:30 pm »

I swap Healing centers for Med packs any day.

med packs: Good in combat, when they are cut of

Center: Can be destroyed, but heals all units.

In this type of game, if you  can heal more units, the better.
Its all about game style. If you play def, med pack sux
If you play Terror med pack owns.

Also Rangers wold rather have med packs, time to time,
Just after 1 heal, they are fucked

^<-- Duck ™ and ©

We need more axis players!:
Latios418 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2009, 02:58:51 pm »

There is such an obvious trend here.

US players: OMG Medkits imba they can be used in fights with -almost- no drawbacks!

Wehr player: OMG Triage imba they can heal 4 player's worth of units all game!

Going off of this, I'd say that they're probably balanced.
Rocksitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2009, 02:58:57 pm »

Med Packs are not I win buttons lets not go that far ...

The Wher as a faction are muni based so its not like you can throw them on all your KCH Grens Officer HMG Morters

so 2 KCH 3 Grens and 2 morters its 140 munis...Seems about right when you have to face Ranger Bren spam haha..

I do only play Wher only but I try not to be bias towards things if there is a problem then it needs to get fixed but I dont think its a problem...

Bubz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2009, 03:09:38 pm »

The Wher as a faction are muni based
I lol'd hard.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc