Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 06:49:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [WM/CW/US] Medium Tanks  (Read 28471 times)
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2014, 12:43:15 pm »

OFF TOPIC: Can a mod delete all these off topic posts about Nightrain and his posting habits about Myst from this legit balance thread? People should know better and save that shit for PMs.

ON TOPIC:

Again, agreeing with Tig and Jack (as they reiterated the original post at the top of the thread): heavies serve their role to a tee in EiR (damage soak, heavy fire power, line breaking, resilience etc.) and so do LVs (mobility, flanking) but medium tanks don't manage to do the same (infantry support, being the happy middle ground between the two former).

They need our love and support to be rehabilitated in the current metagame.

Vermillion Hawk: Do you ever make a post that doesnt make you come across as an extreme douchebag?

Just sayin'
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2014, 01:23:12 pm »

I would venture that the way to do that is to raise the amount of resources, allowing for more fuel, more infantry for mediums to take out, while making the loss of one not as much of a hit.  Also, Raising fuel prices on super heavies(TA and SP especially need to be at least 1000) will allow for much more room for medium tanks to make an impact.

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2014, 01:26:13 pm »

But if lvs like a t17, stag and greyhound already outperform mediums wouldn't raising the total fuel just exacerbate the lv spam issue?
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2014, 01:38:17 pm »

But if lvs like a t17, stag and greyhound already outperform mediums

Where?! They have different roles man. I haven't seen any of those outperforming Sherman in tank hunting.

Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2014, 02:09:55 pm »

Where?! They have different roles man. I haven't seen any of those outperforming Sherman in tank hunting.

garry elaborate pls what do you have inside ya head? is it called brain? if so, use em

you think lv user just sit in front of tank and trade shots? lv  has lolCanthitMeNgr armour / speed and IF microed properly can beat p4 or stug without problems, trust me i did it vs axis tanks and also experienced that on my axis ass too. Its not about killing tank with lv its about harassing em as well, coming in, some pot shots and running away, annoying as fuck.

Meanwhile sherman can go to corner and just dream about a job that lv can do. Not to mention how cool is to spam lvs and sit on flanks with some fast atacks and really fast reaction to kill back cappers. Any other medium tank in current meta cant do so much work as lvs do.

If ya have brain ya aint gonna send medium tank alone on flanks to check for back cappers ya need drag all dat circus with tank like atg, scout, riflemen and so on.

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2014, 02:30:32 pm »

So shab just wanted to tell, that you can kill a medium with lv SPAM (Cost more than medium tank), when following :

- User is a retard
- User is afk
- User is rushing a medium right into enemy spawn
- User doesn't know that he can turn tank and turret simultaneously (hard word)
- User is having just a medium tank, no ATG, no handheld AT, no any other thing. Also he has no teammates, cause teamplay is for noobs.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2014, 02:35:02 pm »

So shab just wanted to tell, that you can kill a medium with lv SPAM (Cost more than medium tank), when following :

- User is a retard
- User is afk
- User is rushing a medium right into enemy spawn
- User doesn't know that he can turn tank and turret simultaneously (hard word)
- User is having just a medium tank, no ATG, no handheld AT, no any other thing. Also he has no teammates, cause teamplay is for noobs.

hey garry not dat long enough i beat yo p4 with 3xm8s, ya raged, so tell me what option ya choose from dat list ya posted haha
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2014, 02:35:45 pm »

Two upgun pumas will  defeat a sherman or cromwell, two hotches will slaughter a sherman or cromwell, two stuarts will butcher a PZIV and so on and if the results are different either the LV user is an idiot, or the MT user is a pr0... Probably a combination of them.

That's how it is.

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2014, 02:40:04 pm »

garry elaborate pls what do you have inside ya head? is it called brain? if so, use em

you think lv user just sit in front of tank and trade shots? lv  has lolCanthitMeNgr armour / speed and IF microed properly can beat p4 or stug without problems, trust me i did it vs axis tanks and also experienced that on my axis ass too. Its not about killing tank with lv its about harassing em as well, coming in, some pot shots and running away, annoying as fuck.

Meanwhile sherman can go to corner and just dream about a job that lv can do. Not to mention how cool is to spam lvs and sit on flanks with some fast atacks and really fast reaction to kill back cappers. Any other medium tank in current meta cant do so much work as lvs do.

If ya have brain ya aint gonna send medium tank alone on flanks to check for back cappers ya need drag all dat circus with tank like atg, scout, riflemen and so on.

This managed to be funny and painfully accurate.
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2014, 03:23:27 pm »

But if lvs like a t17, stag and greyhound already outperform mediums wouldn't raising the total fuel just exacerbate the lv spam issue?

This is certainly a problem.  I would say this: If medium tanks are truly that useless, just keep raising the price on light vehicles until things seem to balance out.  If price were completely equal, would you rather have a p4/sherman or a puma/m8/t17?  And if the answer is the light vehicle, maybe we need to seriously re-evaluate the fuel cost on LV's?
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2014, 03:31:30 pm »

i would still take a t17 over a sherman if it were similarly priced.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
Batgirl Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2014, 03:39:50 pm »

I think there are good points in the thread.

Compared to vcoh the medium tanks perform badly vs all the at-heavy infantry - you can heal the infantry,  but cant repair the medium tanks and every hit more or less penetrates and theres a lot of at on the troops compared to single shreks etc on vcoh.

How about giving the medium tanks a bit faster repair and/or 2 repairs automatically? (make extra repair kit effect only the other stuff) Something like this would reward using them more. Or the medium tanks could be more difficult to hit by at troops from the distance - now when youre running from the at gun some at squad will just snipe your medium tank and too often hit/penetrate.

Well anyway I wanna see the med tanks more and the biggies and the supershitties less
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2014, 03:50:11 pm »

Give mediums 20X small repairs.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2014, 05:17:30 pm »

Give Cromwell flank speed back
or buff its received acc as a base line.

Also mediums are heavily featured in the current meta, its only endgame do they see a steep decline in use.

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2014, 06:31:21 pm »

Also mediums are heavily featured in the current meta, its only endgame do they see a steep decline in use.

This isn't very accurate at all. You're going to be extremely hard pressed to find any replays to share of Shermans or Cromwells earning their cost, let alone doing well or  earning anywhere near the same results of LVs in the current meta.

If I'm lucky I'll see maybe 1 or 2 shermans show up in a 3v3 containing 2 or more US players, or a single crom show up in a game with 1 or more brits. P4s are a bit more common but aren't typically doing very much.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2014, 06:40:35 pm »

Then ideally, shouldn't you get us some replays of a supposedly high quality player using Shermans/Cromwells and how they are faring in the current environment, be it good or bad?

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2014, 07:18:14 pm »

This isn't very accurate at all. You're going to be extremely hard pressed to find any replays to share of Shermans or Cromwells earning their cost, let alone doing well or  earning anywhere near the same results of LVs in the current meta.

If I'm lucky I'll see maybe 1 or 2 shermans show up in a 3v3 containing 2 or more US players, or a single crom show up in a game with 1 or more brits. P4s are a bit more common but aren't typically doing very much.
I never said they were earning their cost, but every 2v2 or 3v3 ive played there has been atleast 4-6 mediums.

I for one will be running crom coy as soon as pps allow for it.

but I agree with hicks, whilst we may not have tangible evidence to prove you wrong, your also using sheer conjecture to disprove us.

edit: while we are on the subject, your comet seems to be faring well, for a medium.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 07:25:49 pm by XIIcorps » Logged
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2014, 07:31:56 pm »

Then ideally, shouldn't you get us some replays of a supposedly high quality player using Shermans/Cromwells and how they are faring in the current environment, be it good or bad?

I couldn't name a single high quality player using shermans or cromwells or P4s at the moment. My case is literally he cannot find a replay because decent players aren't using these units -- they are decent because they pick units that can help them win.

Shab
Skaffa
Bolt
Me
Korps
Darsin

These are the most effective players in the mod in the current meta game and none use cromwells or shermans at the moment. All of them will tell you they're junk and not worth fielding. And I really like cromwells too, but they just aren't viable.

It's a serious tragedy.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 07:36:43 pm by TheWindCriesMary » Logged
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2014, 07:32:13 pm »

a 2v2 or 3v3 with 4-6 mediums is 1 per player.  That is hardly a commonly featured unit.  And using a reward unit as an example is not a good one.

I think based on aero's post that perhaps we need to look at significantly jacking up the price of light vehicles...as well as increasing the overall resources.
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2014, 07:34:10 pm »

Xii Corps I cannot tell if you're trying to troll with your recent posts or not.

This entire thread SPECIFICALLY mentions P4s, Cromwells and Shermans as the subject.

I think many have noticed that, in the current metagame, traditional medium tanks are not well represented nor very effective for their cost or intended purpose.

By these I mean:
P4
Sherman (upgun and normal)
Cromwell

Why are you making statements like "your comet seems to be doing well".

Please stop trolling balance forum tbh.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 07:36:19 pm by TheWindCriesMary » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc