Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 07:23:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: State of Balance  (Read 43703 times)
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #160 on: August 29, 2012, 05:59:41 pm »

Buff Tiger,so he becomes mobile 88,remove storms,everyone happy Wink
Watch allies cry,bring storms back!

Tiger to 45 range, damage to 168. All is good and right.

tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #161 on: August 29, 2012, 08:56:02 pm »

Buff Tiger,so he becomes mobile 88,remove storms,everyone happy Wink
Watch allies cry,bring storms back!

Are you implying that storms are as powerful as a tiger buffed to mobile 88 stats? I guess that pretty much confirms double shrek storms are OP.

Thanks for settling that smurf.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #162 on: August 29, 2012, 11:01:37 pm »

removing storms is not an option. Removing double schrecks is

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #163 on: August 29, 2012, 11:38:02 pm »

What I was getting to is that stomtroopers were recently nerfed, when their effectiveness against AT guns was largely reduced. Other factions just drop some artillery to kill AT guns. But blitzkrieg doesn't have that. But did anyone complaining about stormtroopers actually bother to try out this change? I think not.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 11:59:12 pm by PonySlaystation » Logged

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #164 on: August 29, 2012, 11:45:40 pm »

Btw, stomtroopers were recently nerfed, when their effectiveness against AT guns was largely reduced. Other factions just drop some artillery to kill AT guns. But blitzkrieg doesn't have that. But did anyone complaining about stormtroopers actually bother to try out this change? I think not.

it went from like 2 shotting atgs to 3 shotting??.

JESUS that must be horrible.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #165 on: August 29, 2012, 11:46:32 pm »

Yea, reduce zook and RR damage too.

And get rid of insta kill arty.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #166 on: August 30, 2012, 12:01:37 am »

yeah fuck get rid of insta kill allied arty. no other axis unit get do it hurr hurr

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #167 on: August 30, 2012, 12:03:49 am »

It went from 2 shots to 4 shots. If 3 shots hit it gets stuck at 5% bug. A pretty big deal considering that was their only way to counter AT guns other than the stuka offmap.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #168 on: August 30, 2012, 12:15:09 am »

Getting stuck on 5% could happen before.

It's 3 rounds to pull it off now instead of 2.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #169 on: August 30, 2012, 12:17:47 am »

No, before it was a rare occurrence, now it happens all the time.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #170 on: August 30, 2012, 12:21:00 am »

It happens as often as you notice it.

For every time you notice it, there's been another 5-6 times that you've overlooked it destroying it on the second round.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #171 on: August 30, 2012, 12:35:41 am »

It went from 2 shots to 4 shots. If 3 shots hit it gets stuck at 5% bug. A pretty big deal considering that was their only way to counter AT guns other than the stuka offmap.

Try.. using a puma? The non-doctrinal longest range mortar in the game? The bundle grenade stormtrooper WITHOUT doubleshreks? A surge of volksgrenadiers? A StuG to take the shots while a puma flanks and kills the atg?

There's a hundred ways to counter atgs as blitz, and none of them require you to have more DPS than 2 88s in a mobile 10 popcap bundle.

AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #172 on: August 30, 2012, 12:43:04 am »

STuGs totally excel at taking ATG shots, better yet, 14pop to kill 5 pop is win!
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #173 on: August 30, 2012, 12:46:33 am »

STuGs totally excel at taking ATG shots

Unless AP rounds.. Yeah, actually - they're quite good at it.

14pop to kill 5 pop is win!

You find this unreasonable, when going on the offense against a prepared position, yet somehow needing 25 popcap to defend against 10 is just peachy, right?
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #174 on: August 30, 2012, 12:49:00 am »

Try.. using a puma? The non-doctrinal longest range mortar in the game? The bundle grenade stormtrooper WITHOUT doubleshreks? A surge of volksgrenadiers? A StuG to take the shots while a puma flanks and kills the atg?

Bundled grenades very rarely succeed to kill the entire crew. Flanking with Pumas would only work if they didn't have support. And the mortar is expensive and inferior to artillery available in other doctrines (except Blitz doc) as well as having no buffs in Blitz doc.

Also it's not so much about countering one AT gun, as much as countering ten of them, because the current metagame is focused heavily around AT guns in large numbers. If you're playing Blitz and you have a Blitz teammate, you're pretty much screwed.

Also I remember another reason why RRs are better, they face Panzer Elite, who always have plenty of fragile vehicles.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 12:52:17 am by PonySlaystation » Logged
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #175 on: August 30, 2012, 12:58:11 am »

Bundled grenades very rarely succeed to kill the entire crew.

Even if the bundle nade doesn't succeed in killing the entire crew - at that range your stormtroopers should literally one-volley whatever survivors there may be in the crew after the nade hits. Locked and Loaded might, by a fluke, survive and actually pull away with the sprint ability but, realistically - if you got cought at bundle range by storms, the atg is as good as dead.

If your 4 popcap mortar is enough of a nuissance for the enemy to start throwing heavy arty at it, you're probably doing something right. Carry on with that path and keep the mortar alive by listening for arty in the background and moving when needed (and tbh I'd rather use a mortar than I'd ever go for a walking stuka). Keep it moving helps a lot with keeping mortars alive.

ATG walls are a nuissance, yes. But for them to be a nuissance, several players need to coordinate it. A single player isn't meant to be taking on several with any reasonable success, assuming similar skill levels - or something would be gravely wrong.

Playing blitz with david as my blitz teammate we never ever used storms. Assault volks and some lightning war blitzkrieg assault P4s is really way more than ever needed to take out a defensive position.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #176 on: August 30, 2012, 01:05:48 am »

Unless AP rounds.. Yeah, actually - they're quite good at it.

You find this unreasonable, when going on the offense against a prepared position, yet somehow needing 25 popcap to defend against 10 is just peachy, right?

Never had to use 25 to stop stormies, I find a couple jeeps and a BAR works.

And no, AP rounds go right through STuGs, and even if they bounce its nearly 1/5th its HP.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #177 on: August 30, 2012, 01:20:28 am »

2 Jeeps + BAR = 11 popcap. 12 popcap base of what you are defending (Sherman tank).

23 popcap vs 10.

Derp derp.

Yes, AP rounds kill StuGs. If not AP rounds, though - just taking that one shot from the atg so the puma can flank really is a very small price to pay. Nobody said you need to keep sitting there getting pounded like a retard.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #178 on: August 30, 2012, 01:40:56 am »

ATG walls are a nuissance, yes. But for them to be a nuissance, several players need to coordinate it. A single player isn't meant to be taking on several with any reasonable success, assuming similar skill levels - or something would be gravely wrong.

and yet this is team game,where several players do co-ordinate.

Playing blitz with david as my blitz teammate we never ever used storms. Assault volks and some lightning war blitzkrieg assault P4s is really way more than ever needed to take out a defensive position.
yes,you and david,2 rly bad players. You could get away with way less,and still win,that doesn't mean that 2 random guys can.

If your 4 popcap mortar is enough of a nuissance for the enemy to start throwing heavy arty at it, you're probably doing something right.
that 4pop thing costs 480mp and 80mun,so yea,it is productive to throw arty on it and kill it. It's like you just killed 2 gren squads with medikits&nades. I would call this a good deal,you wouldn't?
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #179 on: August 30, 2012, 01:41:53 am »

Yes, AP rounds kill StuGs. If not AP rounds, though - just taking that one shot from the atg so the puma can flank really is a very small price to pay. Nobody said you need to keep sitting there getting pounded like a retard.

Stug + Puma is 14 pop, equal of 3 AT guns. Anyways it's not a reliable method, any decent player/team will have more AT than one AT gun.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 01:44:55 am by PonySlaystation » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc