Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 08:11:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why EIR Admins make Op german?  (Read 15501 times)
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2012, 06:38:51 am »

No, you ingrates are just now coming to the realization that I had years ago in deep meditations upon flanking that infantry is just hella kickass and that tanks are big dumb scraps of metal. First of all very few players ever consistently opened with two p4s or two shermans in most recent EIRR or were able to micro more than 1 tank. It was all about the whore support style based around 1 p4 trying to gain 100 kills and be super cost effective. Maybe you talent-deprived ugly ducklings (you will never be a swan) at some point should reflect upon the possibility of something being endlessily popular as a strat also over time training others to play against it.
Back in the day it wasn't considered normal to get a lot of kills on a unbuffed sherman, but there was always the possibility that you could somehow bomb or blow up too much AT and thus win by having armor leftover.

Time to mix it up if your tactic of choice is losing effectiveness, learn to do other stuff like perhaps mortar smoke, learn to use snipers, learn to build bunkers and mg nests or get a repair off on a flammen ht.

Ya'll newbs

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Zamochit Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2012, 08:33:55 am »

No one fields Medium armor on axis because they are outright shit. They can't put up a fight versus the ammount of TD and AT that is fielded these days and therefore are replaced by heavy counterparts because they can soak up a little damage and pounce more often than a silly P4.

What AmPm said, if all general AT would go up along with heavies it'd make the mediums more appealing. Currently having 5 P4s is like playing to lose.

but which happened first? axis fielding heavies so allies went to tank destroyers or allies fielding tank destroyers so axis fielded heavies which can absorb more hits? it's cause and effect.

Pz4 is like croc without buffs. Hide behind buildings and hope to jump on that lonely inf squad..........

yeah and this isn't what happens with shermans? what am i talking about? i dont even use shermans, they die too quickly!
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2012, 10:05:07 am »

but which happened first? axis fielding heavies so allies went to tank destroyers or allies fielding tank destroyers so axis fielded heavies which can absorb more hits? it's cause and effect.

yeah and this isn't what happens with shermans? what am i talking about? i dont even use shermans, they die too quickly!

Heavy armor started first because P4s are just outright garbage. I don't know if Shermans are 'shit' or not because of their ability to take out 50% of axis infantry squad with one shot and also take on P4s and win.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2012, 11:39:10 am »

Heavy armor started first because P4s are just outright garbage. I don't know if Shermans are 'shit' or not because of their ability to take out 50% of axis infantry squad with one shot and also take on P4s and win.

Yeah, i think heavies came first. Tiger spam used to be prevalent, then allies harped on about getting the m10 fixed. I don't think it was until the  m-18 got buffed that you really started to see heavies because then the m18 could take on mediums with no problem.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2012, 11:48:12 am »

I don't know if Shermans are 'shit' or not because of their ability to take out 50% of axis infantry squad with one shot and also take on P4s and win.

You refer to two different types of Shermans, lol.

Let's talk about PIATs in a car.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2012, 12:54:59 pm »

You refer to two different types of Shermans, lol.

Both variants can take on. Only the 75mm has slightly weaker chance.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2012, 12:57:54 pm »

Slightly?

0.5864 Penetration for the 75mm and 1.093 for the 76mm.

If you consider that 'Slightly' less, then I worry for you.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2012, 01:27:49 pm »

ya seriously. and even a skirted p4 could beat an upgun sherman, at least theoretically. faster rof and 10% less damage means a p4 could do more damage in less time, despite like 80% pen vs 100% that's still real good and better than the base shermans get without upgun.
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2012, 01:40:16 pm »

oh shermans. still havent found a use for you.

too weak. too slow. too expensive. high pop.

Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2012, 01:45:46 pm »

Assuming every round from each tank hits each other, a single bounce on the PIV's part would mean it's death against a 76mm.

However, accuracy does come into play so if the 76mm has a bad day and misses 1 or 2 rounds and the PIV bags every hit, the 76mm will go down. For the most part the 76mm will pull it off though.

Oh, and Shermans have a fantastic use Poppi, use them with USK supporting Calli's. Keep them at 75mm and use them to chew up infantry. Vet 1 + USK makes for 27% less incoming damage making the humble Sherman a hardy little tank. The HE rounds can be used as a FU button against support teams when using attack ground.

Keep stickies and ATG's hovering around 75mm Shermans while using USK and you pretty solid.
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2012, 02:12:25 pm »

The P4 can bounce an ATG shot, while a Sherman rarely acheives the same success. Plus the Sherman is facing a lot more AT (in much more diverse forms) then any P4. If you're worrid about P4s getting instagibbed you're doing it wrong; I love P4s. Tbh, I'd rather take them then Shermans. P4s just generally seem to live longer; I've had more grief with P4s sticking around and doing a lot of damage then a really persistent Sherman, but that might be due to the fact that P4s are still in use while I seem to be about the only players actively using Shermans on a dedicated basis.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2012, 02:26:25 pm »

How long do you think it would take for me to redownload CoH & all expansions and EiR?

Probably not as long as it takes Volsk to win a match

ZING!

jk Volsk hang in there buddy, you're probably uber good now anyway right? Smiley

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2012, 03:45:40 pm »

smitty? y r u still here...
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2012, 04:30:14 pm »

diverse forms? so wha,t you got ATG< thats all the AT you need.

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2012, 05:25:02 pm »

That it might be Demon, but that shit gets boring if you have to do it 24/7. You've gotta have something VERY specific in mind to have a hope of getting something other than major ATG backbone for your company to work out.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2012, 05:29:20 pm »

you might be bored with it, but its still a great ATG
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2012, 12:35:03 am »

you might be bored with it, but its still a great ATG

And the only ATG you get without RPs and the thing is, you don't need any other forms of atgs because you have this piece. With AP rounds it just rapes. Add in Tank reapers and little vet and you can 2 shoot stugs no questions asked.
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2012, 03:46:16 am »

Every patch I did back in the day was intended to make allies OP.
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2012, 03:48:07 am »

Well you did a bad job making sure it would stay that way.

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2012, 03:54:45 am »

Yeah well, You're just not using the right units. I wonder if they fixed the secret I snuck into the Bulldozer for the croc tank
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc