Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 07, 2024, 10:33:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: World of Battleships  (Read 7402 times)
Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2011, 01:21:34 pm »

AmPM... our stats are similar with mine being slightly better, so I wouldn't talk about anyone getting owned if I were you  Tongue

My issues with the game come from the artillery system which is horribly implemented, the total lack of game modes like capture the flag, king of the hill, last man standing, etc... the absolute shit awful spotting system, and the completely disingenuous way they market their game as "free to play". Get yourself an E-75 (which you'll fucking love) and an E-50 (which you'll also love). Without premium, you'll play one match with a tier 9 then have to play 7 more matches with a lower tier just to make your money back.

I've mentioned several times that, at its core, the game is good. It controls well, and it's fun as shit to shoot people. But the stale gameplay and numerous other problems persist even though they should be incredibly easy fixes. Shit... until recently you couldn't even make a platoon with friends unless you had a paid premium account. Even now, you can only platoon up with one friend without paying. It's heebery on a blatantly insulting scale.

I simply don't see World of Warplanes, or World of Battleships being any better.   
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2011, 02:01:38 pm »

All this coming from the same guy who complains about a free mod......

just sayin

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2011, 02:28:10 pm »

I'd rather pay to have a good product than have a crappy free one.

I pay for Premium in WoT because I like playing it, say reason I put some money into HoN. I stopped donating to EIRR a long time ago because it just hasn't gotten any better. It changes, don't get me wrong, but it's not getting any more fun or interesting.

I hope that changes and I have a reason to invest in it again.

Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2011, 02:32:24 pm »

just sayin

Say this as you may Tank, but (And I hate to say this...) but as far as WoT goes, he has a point.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2011, 02:59:34 pm »

I'd rather pay to have a good product than have a crappy free one.

I pay for Premium in WoT because I like playing it, say reason I put some money into HoN.

That's why I don't plan on paying anymore for WoT. I haven't seen their game get any better. All they've done is add new tanks which only distracts from the fact that their game isn't progressing. "Oh great, they've added new tanks to the German tree. Now I can play team deathmatch/defend the base for the three thousandth time on the same maps I've been playing on since beta with an E-75 instead of a KT and face the same issues the game has had since launch!"

It's not like I don't think they should profit at all from their hard work. But the game is only worth 40 dollars max if it were retail. I've paid way way more than that by buying months worth premium and transferring XP. What's wrong with charging 40 dollars for lifetime premium and then selling gold from the website so people can buy premium ammo and premium tanks should they want to? The Lowe alone made them shit tons of money when they introduced it. There's your steady cash flow. There's ways they can make money without being goblins about it. Hell, even just lowering the abhorrent repair and ammo costs for high tier tanks would almost be enough of a fix by itself. But they don't. They just add new tanks. And the game goes nowhere.

What little advances they've made have come incrementally. At a snails pace. And they're asking you to pay rather large sums of money for an unfinished product. I certainly hope they fix these issues. I'd really like it if I could play the game and not feel ripped off. I'd really like to be excited about the follow up games because the concept is a great one. But with the current track record - I just can't. 

just sayin

I certainly hope you aren't referring to me...
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2011, 04:13:34 pm »

just sayin

you stepped in shit

dont complain its free shit

in regards to the mod, if you havent realized yet, we complain because we love it and if you can't see that well...
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 04:15:47 pm by Spartan_Marine88 » Logged

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc