Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 02:37:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Your First Post in EIR  (Read 7991 times)
Heartmann Offline
Officer of Kindness

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2012, 03:36:43 am »

@ Heartmann..... You should have been banned for that first post.
lol why?!? Sad

In the basement getting drunk.
It's not really creepy until I show up.............

- I've heard of being an animal in bed but...

- The phallic principle of the Navy Wink
acker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2012, 03:56:13 am »

I think companies should be rewarded for bothering to save all that junk (BARs, MG42s, AT guns).

I can think of two good ways to do this.

1: Do Not pernamently attach the weapon to the squad that captured the weapon. Instead, make the weapon part of the "force pool" (where you get upgrades), and make it attachable to a squad free (or with a small munitions penalty to represent weapon maintenance). In the case of AT guns/other field guns, the capping system should not be free, but the weapon should be availiable to the squad at 75%-50% the cost.

2: As someone posted above, give 1/2 of the cost of the weapon to the player after the match (applies to AT guns/nebels, too). Or the moolah could be given directly to the general.

The philosophy behind the game was ridiculously different back then...I think Fldash's first concept of the game was for both sides to march in all their units at the start of the game, almost like tabletop WH40k or the Close Combat series. That's how the first concept release of EIR worked.

Concept behind the first warmap proposal was closer to a group of people playing Risk or a Close Combat campaign (BotB or Normandy, not Russian Front or BTF)...not inherently balanced matchups.

http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=114.0
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 04:11:06 am by acker » Logged
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2012, 05:36:35 am »

January 7, 2007, on the dev forum

I can map to a degree although I still have to get good at perfectionising maps and making them look even better but you'll need multiple mappers anyway  Tongue.

I'm also good with R&D.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2012, 07:28:11 am »

I'm curious Ricky,
whats your win % on the allies side
If it's lower than 50% than do everyone a favor and stop playing allies because YOU ARE LOSING THE WAR FOR US

Mine is 30% and you know why? because I mainly teach noobs how to play, and i´m so unlucky that 70% of the times we´re up against schultz, chefartz, littlesausage or a nice group of vets.. if nobody does that job, you can be sure we´ll loose sooner.

Teaching idiots the way of the muscle since day one.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2012, 07:33:25 am »

i m surprised killer even has a first post

Grin Grin Grin

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2012, 12:59:58 pm »

lol why?!? Sad
Putting the community to sleep. Wink

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2012, 01:12:36 pm »

Typical noob post

I had this idea earlier, and I know a lot of you won't like it, but yeah it's just a thought.

Anyway, I was thinking, to help introduce new players into the way EiR works, would it be possible to introduce AI "bots" for newer players to play against? There could be differently skilled bots for each doctrine, each with a ready built company, that new players can test themselves against, both so that they understand the games mechanics, and also so that they can learn the maps a bit better, and come up with some decent strategies they can try.

And, to stop grinding,Once these players have leveled up to say, level 3 or 4 via playing against the bots, they could no longer gain xp, or pp from playing them, so that they have enough knowledge, and unlocks to get them started on the multiplayer aspect.

It would also help the teamplay aspect as certain teams could work out better strategies and find out what works against what.

I know that, people will say "Oh well that defeats the whole point of EiR; it's multiplayer, go back to CoH if you want a skirmish.", but as I said it's only mainly intended so people can get to grips with it.

Just a thought.

I was way ahead of my time you see Wink

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2012, 01:16:13 pm »

You were also a guy who wanted to play against the computer.. PROPS

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2012, 01:18:56 pm »

l2read scrub

stop trying to be funny
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 01:20:34 pm by Mister Schmidt » Logged
BigDick
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2012, 02:42:34 pm »

at least my first post on this account Cheesy

Hey we played today a game on Abbeville, verry enternaining and great game. Maybe that is the reason people have to wait hours for an EiR game. Just have a look.

what we see is

- heavily jeep spaming
- massive calliope barrages
- tank rush
- panther and panzerIV action

on axis side

WPNKaoTiK
LtApollo
I3igDick

on allies side

Draken15
HighVelocity
Scynscapa

very close intense and action packed game from start to ending

Battle 10763

[attachment deleted by admin]
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2012, 03:16:18 pm »

fucking stomper

RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2012, 03:46:03 pm »

3374     General / General Discussion / Allied Bug    on: 25-03-2008, 20:29:06
So all my units doubled themselves to my surprise... uhh, what happened? lol. Only in one company though.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2012, 05:22:23 pm »

lol - My first post is so long.  Grin

Hey Guys,

yesterday i watched the presentation of Europe in Ruins on the KrebsCOHO channel on Youtube to try out a new game. In further times
i have played COH and so i tried my luck with the US armour company.

The Armour doctrin have one engineer called assualt engineer which comes with shotguns on the battlefield. The guys looks tough/cool but in
several infantry engagements they got only there asses kicked, so it seems that there quite useless.
There come with four man per squad, and does 1+4 damage vs. infantry, they can build tanktraps/sandsacks or lay down some wire.
But they can't put down a mine or a democharge or can't be equipped with flamethrowers.

My questions are:
- Are these guys useful?
- Where can i find the weapon statistic table of the shotguns?

Sorry for my bad english. Grin

9th Armoured Engineers
RoyalHants Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2012, 03:14:13 am »

106 actually Tongue
Fail first post

Yeah calbanes, I mean - some people like smokaz are still yet to win a single game, even though they've been around here for years.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc