Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 04:04:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [US] Pershing change?  (Read 12313 times)
pqumsieh Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2012, 10:55:02 pm »

Keep in mind with the new doctrine modifications the Pershing and Tiger will become a lot more viable within the meta-game. The Pershing will be able to gain HVAP without losing its AI by toggling between the different types of ammo; similar to how the Tiger Ace operations. Similarly, the Tiger will gain the capacity to use HEAT rounds, significantly increasing its AT capacities and damage.

Common sense is not so common after all.
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2012, 09:05:33 am »

HVAP toggle for 75mm Shermans!

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2012, 09:25:27 am »

Keep in mind with the new doctrine modifications the Pershing and Tiger will become a lot more viable within the meta-game. The Pershing will be able to gain HVAP without losing its AI by toggling between the different types of ammo; similar to how the Tiger Ace operations. Similarly, the Tiger will gain the capacity to use HEAT rounds, significantly increasing its AT capacities and damage.

nice. will that be the same for all tanks that get the upgrade? like the jumbo?

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2012, 09:45:25 am »

The Pershing is the only unit that has a drawback to using HVAP rounds, for everything else it is a flat buff.

I expect it'd be redundant putting a toggle on everything else that uses it.

Also Tym, Tank Reapers =/= HVAP.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
tankmaster23 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2012, 10:22:18 am »

SO Tiger will get +15 Damage and +15 Penetration?

like the tier 3 unlock... Tiger seems to be good at these when it hits but the problem is with the slowness of the Tiger and the delivery of the hits..also penetration vs Tiger

Rocksitter

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2012, 11:12:18 am »

Tiger is just not bouncing allied weapons anymore

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2012, 11:30:16 am »

Kill Smokaz

aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2012, 01:21:09 pm »

I personally think HVAP needs something better currently Tank destroyers already do there job i mean, m18s still penetrate ALOT m10s will kill any medium tanks or lower so the only sense i see in HVAP is for the persing.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
I2ay Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2012, 01:39:29 pm »

Vetting up a Pershing simply requires patience.

You can't use it as a true breakthrough unit because that involves risk. If you launch a squad of inf into the shit you can just hit retreat and not sweat it. With any form of vehicle, getting ambushed/disabled usually means certain death.

You have to be cautious and think at least three moves ahead as well as always having a supplementary AT piece with it at all times. You also have to have an escape route open at all times and retreat at no less than a third of your HP to *More or less* guarantee survival.

However, if you haven't clocked on already, this has the glaring issue of cutting down the unit cost effectiveness as you wont be either using it to it's full potential or squeezing all of it's HP worth out of it. The only reason I don't have vetted Pershings any more is because I prefer to fight to the death rather than preserve the vet. So long as all repair kits are used I don't mind in the slightest if the Pershing dies in combat.

Oh and Tym, your either full of shit or need to get out of the noob stomping. The Pershing faces more hard AT, but the Tiger faces more disablers. With the exception of the JagdPanther, the Pershing is capable of outrunning any target it cannot outgun - The Tiger does not have the same luxury. AI and AT performance are relatively equal when their targets and weapon performance are compared (Except when facing each other off)

I should know this considering I'm probably the most frequent user of Pershings in EiRR tbh. It'd be fair to say that there's only 1-2 other people that use them as frequently.
I got to vet 4 with a pershing by being pretty lulretarded with it...Your arguement is invalid.

PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2012, 05:37:53 pm »

Isn't Pershing statistically inferior with HVAP compared to M18 and M10 with HVAP?

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2012, 07:26:49 pm »

The Pershing is the only unit that has a drawback to using HVAP rounds, for everything else it is a flat buff.

I expect it'd be redundant putting a toggle on everything else that uses it.

Also Tym, Tank Reapers =/= HVAP.

it's a valid question dude.

Please dont act like i'm a tard and can't tell the diff between TR and HVAP. The jumbo gets a gun change with tank reapers, just like the pershing gets a gun change with hvap. Its something that can be considered.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2012, 08:18:29 pm »

i totally look forward to this!

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2012, 10:14:48 am »

Yeah but the only thing that changes when a 76mm is put on is that the long range splash is halved, nothing else (well, penetration is increased of course), and that does not actually have much of an effect on it's AI capabilities.

doesn't pershing hvap have lower splash as well, screwing with its ai capabilities?
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2012, 12:44:52 pm »

yeah, because you only ever snipe a single gren or volk with hvap, never 2.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2012, 01:24:16 pm »

yeah, because you only ever snipe a single gren or volk with hvap, never 2.

aaand the same with a 76mm sherman gun, whichi is what the jumbo gets with tank reapers, its the same point :facepalm:
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2012, 01:25:57 pm »

The long range splash of the 76mm Sherman gun gets halved. Short and medium range splash remain unaffected, where the bulk of the AI damage is done.

Essentially, there is no drawback to using the 76mm over the 75mm. Having it on a toggle would be utterly pointless.

The only reason the Pershing HVAP would get a toggle is because there is a significant drawback in AI to using HVAP rounds. It is the ONLY unit that has a drawback (to it's weapon performance) to using an ability.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2012, 02:57:30 pm »

It is the ONLY unit that has a drawback (to it's weapon performance) to using an ability.

Fire up disagrees with that statement.

There is a reason behind it though. Relic are not full-on retards, and realized that when the HVAP buff is as powerful as it is (best penetration buff to any unit in the game), then it has to have something else to compensate for it. If HVAP had no drawback it would be ridiculously OP. They wouldn't have made it as powerful as it is in the first place if no drawback was to be associated with it.

That's also the reason why I am still skeptical about the toogle, it should have no shorter cooldown than 30 seconds, or a delay until it is actually active

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2012, 03:26:54 pm »

Should have reworded it to permanent drawback.

Also, 30 second cooldown? If that's 30 seconds before you can switch out the ammo again, that could be tolerable (Yet still retardedly long...)

If that's 30 seconds of no main gun though, then that'd make the ability pointless.

Delay until active should just be a single reload cycle though.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2012, 03:37:58 pm »

I have 2 ideas.

1. It's like a faust with cooldown. Unlimited uses but you have to click the ability to load (use) it.

2. It's like the ATG AP rounds, you click it and you get so long to use it. and then there's a good cooldown afterwards.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2012, 07:08:25 pm »

whats the pershing reload time? because switching rounds should not take any longer than double that.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc