Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 10, 2024, 04:35:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ostfront Heer Veterans  (Read 8816 times)
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2011, 11:15:15 am »

Idea spawned after seeing the Tropical Heer Soldier card from Medal of Honor: Airborne. Uniform looked cool, thought "gee, new elite-ish axis squad to replace elite grens for lols".

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2011, 11:18:16 am »

Because we don't need any new units?

Adding units for shits and giggles fucks the game up.

Then go and devise a way to remove the stagnation from current gameplay without adding anything new instead of pissing on other people's bonfires.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2011, 11:20:27 am »

Warmap, warmap cards, finished doctrines.

MorkaandBorka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2011, 11:22:22 am »

LOL, that will never happen Wink

I'm really bad  - Smokaz
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2011, 11:25:07 am »

Lets just say, nothing else is going to happen before the warmap goes in =)
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2011, 11:30:11 am »

The Warmap is a nice dream. The warmap cards funnily enough are going to have a lot of the thing in mind you despise so damned much - new units (Reward units).

Finished doctrines, if implemented in the current framework of all the others, are going to maintain the current style of stagnated gameplay.

I fully approve of the idea of the warmap, but I cant help feel it's being applied to something inherently flawed in the first place. It'll breathe new life, but only for a limited time until people return to realising how stagnated the core gameplay still is.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2011, 11:43:07 am »

I have no problem with new units as Warmap rewards, they will be suitably rare and easily removed again through death. On top of that you will actually need to win and do well to get the rarer ones.

Hopefully they will be balanced.

Doctrines are the biggest influence on the metagame. Change them up, and the game changes.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2011, 12:24:16 pm »

Don't feed him after 12.
Don't expose him to sunlight.
Don't get him wet.

AHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHA! YES!

Honestly I think volks just needs to L2World Builder (or what ever you use to create your own units in coh) that way he can make all the units he wants to and doesnt have to bother us anymore. Even if he puts forth an idea for a unit everyone thinks is the bees knees its still gotta be created. But if he made them himself so we could see it in action, that could make people interested.

FFS I can pray to God all I want about how fucking awesome a girl with 3 tits which lactate beer, nacho cheese sauce, and chocolate syrup appropriately but I'm never going to see that, so what point is there for me to bug other people about it?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 12:44:34 pm by RikiRude » Logged

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2011, 12:30:35 pm »

so what point is there for me to bug other people about it?

Becouse 1 day you just might bump into an genetisist with that likes the idea  Wink

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
TheVolskinator Offline

« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2011, 02:24:21 pm »

My corsix doesnt seem to work, and any changes I make dont seem to grant an effect. Ive worked with shmidt and and have opened and run everything the right way, but Ive never been able to test my own work. Scotzmen offered to work on the units Ive suggested so far, so Im currently waiting to see how my ideas look. If you think the units are so bad, make them in corsix yourself and prove it.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2011, 02:28:03 pm »

If you think the units are so bad, make them in corsix yourself and prove it.

no u

But seriously Volsk, I've told you time and time and TIME again to just slow down with these ideas, for serious, there's no point right now.

But everyone is right, actually make stuff and see how it is before suggesting it.

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
TheVolskinator Offline

« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2011, 03:20:09 pm »

Would if I could. I just re-dled corsix and tried all over again. I either get a "failed to allocate memory" or "cant extract maps" error or it crashes, so I give up.

TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2011, 03:52:21 pm »

Dont give up Volks or things will get boring fast.

Allso to everyone that thinks that single german word shit here   Wink
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2011, 05:28:24 pm »

If you think the units are so bad, make them in corsix yourself and prove it.

It's like saying "if you think a dog shit sandwich is going to taste so bad why dont you eat one and find out!" in your case it's not just a dog shit sandwich, its cat shit, horse shit, bird shit, bat shit.

Now don't get me wrong there's a couple of your ideas that I have liked. They aren't all bad, but most of the community doesn't like a majority of them, yet you try to prove that most of your ideas are totally golden. And with you suggesting a new unit ever week it's just irritating. Especially since you can't get corsix to work and you can't make these units yourself.

Just slow down, if you come up with a new unit, sit on it for a week or more before you bring it to the forums, or else dont be surprised if you get flamed and ridiculed for it.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2011, 09:41:48 am »

Just slow down, if you come up with a new unit, sit on it for a week or more before you bring it to the forums, or else dont be surprised if you get flamed and ridiculed for it.

Biggest note is try to make it fit the mod, dont try to make the mod fit you

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc