Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 09:15:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 01:23:36 pm]

[May 28, 2024, 01:28:23 pm]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Easy fix for OP units  (Read 5753 times)
Katusha Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: March 25, 2015, 03:02:45 pm »

Super Pershing, Tiger Ace, crusader AA.......

Remove it if you don't have time to balance it at least. Or make it usable 1 in 5 matches or something. I'm not gonna sit here and write out why they are unbalanced because it should be pretty obvious.

Anyways yeah if you don't want the 3 players that actually play this shit to get mad and leave, make fixes that are the least time consuming
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 03:36:02 pm »

Super Pershing, Tiger Ace, crusader AA.......

Remove it if you don't have time to balance it at least. Or make it usable 1 in 5 matches or something. I'm not gonna sit here and write out why they are unbalanced because it should be pretty obvious.

Anyways yeah if you don't want the 3 players that actually play this shit to get mad and leave, make fixes that are the least time consuming
And thats why things never get done, too many of us cry OP without giving any reasoning behind it, abeit any solutions to the problem.

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 04:52:05 pm »

I said looooong ago that reward units shouldn't have been put in whilst the standard stuff wasn't even fully balanced yet.

But, the powers that be wanted the new shiny stuff in.

Unsurprisingly, the new shiny stuff (Which had to be "worth it" due to them being "limited") makes any standard equivalents utterly redundant.

I've got the first SP of the war, it has the most exp of any of them, and I would not care in the slightest if reward units were completely yanked to see how the meta is standing without the influx of "get lucky card drop to win" units.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
Katusha Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 06:17:30 pm »

And thats why things never get done, too many of us cry OP without giving any reasoning behind it, abeit any solutions to the problem.

No it's because people who work on this mod aren't paid
Korpisolttu Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 01:10:25 am »

I've got the first SP of the war, it has the most exp of any of them, and I would not care in the slightest if reward units were completely yanked to see how the meta is standing without the influx of "get lucky card drop to win" units.
Actually Shab's SP has been top1 for some days now  Cheesy
It has supprised me how effective those AA crusaders are at least in hands of Shab (check LB again). They seem to instakill infantry faster than any other automatic cannons.

GORKHALI Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 01:25:01 am »

i think TA is broken coz its heat and armor piercing rounds r buggy coz they work randomly but SP is too Op coz of the armor Dual t3 it takes all ur resources trying to kill it even if u kill it then u won't have anything left anymore to win the game coz u have used all ur reasources to kill 1 unit.

1 unit shouldn't be a game changer, with sp very little micro needed but TA is a bit different.

Before the EIR didn't go down it took me 2 panther full health and 2 storm with dual shreks to hunt down a vet 2 Sp, from that battle only 1 panther returned home with very little HP left.

I DON'T HAVE PROBLEM WITH OTHER REWARD UNITS LIKE SP
TA is very easy to deal with( coz it cannot move during repairs)

with hvap rounds i killed TA with SP in 4 shots 3rd shot damaged engine otherwise 3 shots to kill TA, it takes SP like 4 or 5 shots to kill Panther maybe less.  
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 04:16:36 am by GORKHALI » Logged

tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2015, 07:48:09 am »

That was the downfall of this mod from day one. Sticking shit in the game and trying to fix it later.

We tried working on balance of units with out docs for awhile and the vocal minority cried  and they got put back in before the work was completed.
If reward units were removed the world would come to an end for that same group of people.

The dev team caved to a small group of cry babies and it destroyed the mod in the end - just sad really. If they had just done what I asked and only released stuff that was completed I think the mod would still be flourishing.

The community always wants new content, but I am confident they didn't want broken new content. That was the part certain members of the dev team failed to recognize. They failed to recognize it takes forever and a day for shit to get fixed around here, so stop putting in shit you know needs to be fixed.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2015, 07:50:57 am »

Actually Shab's SP has been top1 for some days now  Cheesy
It has supprised me how effective those AA crusaders are at least in hands of Shab (check LB again). They seem to instakill infantry faster than any other automatic cannons.

So it is, hadn't noticed that due to not looking at the leaderboard for a few days. Point still stands though.

As for the AA Crusaders, he tends to run them in a group of 2-3 if I recall, and having 4-6 puma cannons on a target tends to shred it pretty damned fast.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2015, 09:07:45 am »

So it is, hadn't noticed that due to not looking at the leaderboard for a few days. Point still stands though.

As for the AA Crusaders, he tends to run them in a group of 2-3 if I recall, and having 4-6 puma cannons on a target tends to shred it pretty damned fast.

LOL....... and here is a perfect example of why taking community in put on balance can be very difficult. No offense intended on anyone, but claiming a unit is OP, but then someone else comes in and says it is because they are being used in groups of 2 or 3 makes it a little difficult to determine the real issue.

Taking Hicks opinion, a single unit may be fine, but using blobs of them becomes a problem? So is the unit OP or does it's availability ( POP ? ) become the problem? I am not trying to put words in Hick's mouth, that may not be his opinion at all, but it's a question that needs to be asked because it was not clearly stated..

Is the unit only a real problem when you are running an infantry heavy company?

So many questions and possible solutions exist: and this is just a discussion about one unit. Multiply that process by all the units in the game and the impact each one has on another........ Mind blown.
GORKHALI Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2015, 09:32:42 am »

i actually started giving up when i see no chance of winning a game with shab and his SP in game, so i felt like i was doing him a favor instead of having a good time i don't mind losing game but the Biggest problem is SP , other reward units were not so problem at all.
ick312 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2015, 12:14:46 pm »

i feel kind of obliged to say that the new eirr unit stats are  based on a mathematical procedure. This might avoid the worst issues.

The development is currently frozen, since my freetime frame ended some weeks ago. but i properbly continue in 2 weeks.

I don't know Wind, that whole 21 virgins thing kinda peaked my interest a little .......
From fucking kids to fucking christ, jesus heartmann. Just stop already you filthy monster, you are only making it worse
GORKHALI Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2015, 12:30:19 pm »

i feel kind of obliged to say that the new eirr unit stats are  based on a mathematical procedure. This might avoid the worst issues.

The development is currently frozen, since my freetime frame ended some weeks ago. but i properbly continue in 2 weeks.
good to hear from u Ick been a long time.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2015, 01:33:26 pm »

I guess I missed the memo that said your mod could use the Europe in Ruins name? Could someone forward that to me please  Wink
Tachibana Offline
NotADev

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2015, 04:46:10 pm »

The only thing I've really picked up from this thread is that shab needs to be banned. Problem solved. Gg.

It's like saying "i can understand his concerns that fire breathing dragons live in far away lands"
americans dont dodge wars.
Quote from: Trapfabricator
Literally, The only thing less likely than this is zombie hitler becoming prime minister of israel
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2015, 07:38:49 am »

Every units is OP in some way if being used correctly. AAcrusader is not that uber OP like some guys keep claiming it in this thread. Yes, it kills infantry pretty good so as PanzerII does.  Both are fragile things which can be killed pretty easy.

Same thing applies to SP and TA. Keep it in mid you need to spend all your resources by building a company around a single unit. If it dies -  all company dies. It's pretty risky. For example i ALWAYS keep my SP/TA next to my teammates and ALWAYS asking them to bring certain units in order to provide support for my tank. It's called team game isn't? Some guys need to understand this:

1) put some effort developing team play
2) make proper atack instead of rushing alone with a hope "maybe i will be lucky this time" or  "fuck i don't need AT because i have a huge blob of infantry" - it does not work vs good players.
3) bring right units to counter certain unit - simple as that
4) EIR:R has more options than needed  to counter certain unit or certain strategy. That's the best part of this game. Use imagination for once instead of complains.

Being raped 1 time by a "spam" strategy or so called OP unit is a bad luck and lack of information building company before game starts. Being raped by the same things 11 times in a row is called stupidity and you don't deserve rights to judge what is OP and what is not.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 07:43:37 am by Shabtajus » Logged

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
Korpisolttu Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2015, 07:29:42 pm »

Nnnnice! (that was my AT tellermine he drove in, right?)
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2015, 04:51:10 am »

Here's an easy fix for an OP unit Shab! http://plays.tv/video/5515f013c3f2c1877f

<3 amazing video!!

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc