Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 10:43:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: State of Balance  (Read 57554 times)
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #140 on: June 25, 2009, 10:07:40 am »

Don´t be a retard please, we both know the rank reset has amazingly benefited you, now you can play against anyone without loosing pps/or against supply drops/recon runs since the "rank" difference that was supposed to help companies with less pps is gone.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #141 on: June 25, 2009, 10:57:22 am »

hmmm, anyways we can get the m1 carbines t4 switched to say a t3.. so i can get zooks for my rifles, m1 carbines and tank reapers... then i think we will be balanced...

k thanks.

Rifleman of doom coming at you... Vet3 Rifleman puts on 20 per more damage? so if this dude is carring a zook, does that zook put out 20 per more damage?  and then say, i get tank reapers.. thats another 20 per more damage... so, a Vet3 Rifledood with reapers will have a zook that puts out 40 per more damage than standard zook?

oh, and wonder what all these buffs do to say a picked up Shrek? or dont those picked up weapons get those buffs?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 11:05:57 am by Mgallun74 » Logged

Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #142 on: June 25, 2009, 11:15:10 am »

There's a T4 that gives riflemen carbines?

Why the hell would riflemen want carbines instead of garands, with the garand having as fast(if not a faster) ROF and 3 more damage per shot?
5 garands 1 carbine per squad... And as a T4?

Hmm...

acker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #143 on: June 25, 2009, 11:17:08 am »

It's a misnomer. "M1 Carbines" is a T4 that doubles the Garand's ROF for Rifle squads (well, it improves Garand DPS by 90% or so). It's called "M1 Carbines" because Carbines shoot twice as fast as Garands in this game.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #144 on: June 25, 2009, 11:18:08 am »

it's just in name, and i argued the point too. Hopefully we'll get it changed to be more accurate, they still have garands and the same damage. just faster RoF. it actually works out nice, it makes the Infantry company, and Infantry company

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #145 on: June 25, 2009, 11:28:50 am »

But they don't have a double ROF :S.

Medium range Garand ROF : 3.05 secs per shot.
Medium range Carbine ROF : 2.175 secs per shot.

So.. yeah.
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #146 on: June 25, 2009, 11:32:57 am »

But they don't have a double ROF :S.

Medium range Garand ROF : 3.05 secs per shot.
Medium range Carbine ROF : 2.175 secs per shot.

So.. yeah.

shitty stats, by relic or whomever... with my garand i can pump off all 8 rounds at 200m targets and hit them in under 10 secs.  or roughly, 1 shot a sec.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #147 on: June 25, 2009, 12:13:49 pm »

You still dont get it right?
Gameplay > realism.

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #148 on: June 25, 2009, 01:02:19 pm »

Smokaz man dont make assumptions based on your need to prove your point. I have played allies a lot more than you, i didnt actually start this mod last month and i have no desire to make allies look bad.
It may be fun for you to play allies sure. It was fun when i started this mod too, and i played airborne much like many others to play the underdog. I have went through all the doctrines and not once and everytime i went back to playing axis. Back in the days when i played 5-6 games per day (yay no lifer).

It was choices that narrowed down my interest in the end. Axis just have more choices, more options and offer a better chance to specialize in tactics and dwell more into the game of combined arms.
Riflemen and rangers doesnt cut it for me. I want volks, grens, stormies and kch. Sherman never appealed to me, like the p4 - ost - stuh combo does and it never will.

Additinally, lets just all take a look on assault weps on allies and axis then on overall unit upgrades and unit specialization. Wehr even have their standalone arti units that are non - doctrinal.
Its not the player's fault that relic made allies to be this way because they gave axis most of the candy, but again this is a mod it doesnt have to be this way.

We asked long time ago for more variety, and more choices. Responses such as allies just need their T4, allies are just all about blob, allies are fun you just dont know how to play them/are not playing them much, are all bullshit and people need to stfu before going into assumptions.
Why do allies have to be like this? Because it was written in the holy relic bible ?
How about adding more upgrades to them. Assault airborne, airborne with bars, riflemen with tompsons, rangers with bars, take away fire up, give some other abillity, inspire new tactics (than blob and fire up) test and improve make new things, make this more interesting. New units also.
Why is it always devs have looked so unwilling to consider new stuff back to fldash era, and its like a taboo issue here. Well im not implying you add the Maus or the Rat but new units that enhance gameplay and give more options in general. Also noone is asking for clones here. I dont ask for american stormies or whatever.
I truly hope the devs actually consider opinions and new ideas, in the extend of making a true colorful game for all the factions, instead of going strictly vcoh.

One big fucking QFT. Allies needs something, cuz now most of the people playing allies just play them to get a game faster...
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #149 on: June 25, 2009, 01:03:02 pm »

The launcher's been crowded with allies all day today so far.
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #150 on: June 25, 2009, 01:06:30 pm »

You still dont get it right?
Gameplay > realism.

nopers!  especially when some units "mainly axis" have full benefit of their realistic stats in game...

VictorTarget Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #151 on: June 25, 2009, 01:17:19 pm »

I don't think it would hurt to include a few more units.  Even adding in Royal Marines for the brits, giving them a second infantry unit, or draftees for the americans, so that they could have some options.  This would let the Tommies be weaker (making british blobs less effective) but possibly carry a SINGLE bren, and let the Royal Marines be tougher and more deadly, but significantly more expensive.  This gives options, and should cut down on blobbing.

Options like that perhaps is all that is needed.  As it is, with sappers and tommies, the brits are forced to have at least a soft counter to any threat using just a basic infantry unit or builders, which makes both terrifyingly effective. 

It is my opinion that this is one of the reasons that the game is so hard to balance.

Rocksitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #152 on: June 25, 2009, 01:18:16 pm »

You forgot point two:

2)  Farm Rocksitter/crimson/demon for xp so you can get high vet companies to compete with other people that followed step 1

Smiley

Go play Smokas and when you start winning he drops because of his poor sports man ship . thats the reason him teaching anyone how to spam with a bad sportsmanship is a bad idea .

Or wait maybe play a game with him when he tries to spam flame pios and whines about not getting help from his teamates even though they send tanks and KCH then makes more excuses after being outscored by his teammate the one and only Mr Mediocrity

Rocksitter..

Farm This Smoker

Rocksitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #153 on: June 25, 2009, 01:18:59 pm »

Thats about it..
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #154 on: June 25, 2009, 01:53:34 pm »

LOL...

one thing in comon with these good players, i will give them that, micro kings or queens, gamers who know what to bring to what battle etc.. super mouse movers...

but one thing is comon, they will bitch at you, what are you doing with that unit, go here, go there. and if team loses they will say, man, u suck.. or, could be like my favorite buddy pak and just leave in middle of game lol..

was in game with Tym last night, i guess my shermans rear was facing a mardar or something, problem is i had put sherman there to kill some stuff which it did, then i had to go dea with another part of map, he kept turn your rear ! lol... my biggest weakenss is trying to spread around the map, just fails.
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #155 on: June 25, 2009, 04:15:01 pm »

You forgot point two:

2)  Farm Rocksitter/crimson/demon for xp so you can get high vet companies to compete with other people that followed step 1

Smiley

Go play Smokas and when you start winning he drops because of his poor sports man ship . thats the reason him teaching anyone how to spam with a bad sportsmanship is a bad idea .

Or wait maybe play a game with him when he tries to spam flame pios and whines about not getting help from his teamates even though they send tanks and KCH then makes more excuses after being outscored by his teammate the one and only Mr Mediocrity

Rocksitter..

Farm This Smoker

I've never had smokaz drop due to losing, and I've beaten him lots.

And rocksitter, you sit there like a rock every game I've played with you, you never help your teammates.   In one 3v3 I played with you, you had 6k score while me and your other teammate has over 20k each.
Illegal_Carrot Offline
Global Moderator

« Reply #156 on: June 25, 2009, 04:46:58 pm »

nopers!  especially when some units "mainly axis" have full benefit of their realistic stats in game...
This is hilarious. First, people bitch that Axis units/abilities are unrealistic, and that their OP because of this unrealism (yet never mention BS like Button and Fire Up). Now they're starting to complain that Axis are too realistic, and OP because of it.
Really, though, I'd love to hear which Axis unit is so realistic (and because of it so OP). I'd also love to hear how you think realism>balance/gameplay.

Quote from: gamesguy
And rocksitter, you sit there like a rock
lol

Rifle87654: Give me reward points.
Brn4meplz: I'm drunk.
Guderian Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #157 on: June 25, 2009, 04:58:14 pm »

People are fucking stupid: They use every irrelevant thing to support their statement....Rendering rational talks useless.

Eir customer support staff.
Glaze Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #158 on: June 25, 2009, 05:16:53 pm »

Hrm, been playing Axis a bit today and getting beat by U.S. on-map arty and elite infantry (fun games though).  Shermans have been giving me a lot of trouble too if they are managed well.  I think people are right about the Allies being late bloomers.  Not only are the Sherman with rockets on it or the Howitzer or veteran Rangers and Airborne super effective, but they are tons of fun too (might combine my armor company with an infantry one later to get some rangers of my own)!  Of course, how fun they are is an opinion really, maybe veteran sergeants for riflemen or an American officer unit would be good ideas (and not to difficult to implement)?  I dunno, just throwing ideas out there.

Glaze (US)!
I am also...
Glazerman (PE)
Glaza (CW)
Guderian Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #159 on: June 25, 2009, 06:21:13 pm »

As a thumbnail speaking in this mod:

People will lose first 10 games before its really fun or well a little fun.

And then.....You get your ***** revenge baby!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc