Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 09:35:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tank Reapers MkII  (Read 16965 times)
scrapking Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2009, 07:57:32 pm »

why must every allied unit be able to fight everything at once?  They took away double shrecks, which are part of coh.  So be happy with one damn zook, this is retarded.

You didn't bother to counter anything I said earlier, who gives a fuck what you had in coh?  is this coh?  why must every axis unit be able to fight everything at once? 

- every axis faction and doctrine can get shrecks
- 3 axis doctrines can still get double shrecks through no worse than a T2 unlock
- a shreck is over twice as good as a zook
- only 1 allied doctrine can even get zooks
- axis armor can get skirts, no such upgrade available for any allied armor; which greatly mitigates zook / RR damage

Really, for this to be anywhere near "fair", all U.S. doctrines should be able to buy 2 per rifle squad (and Jaz is probably right, they should cost more around 40 - 50 each), and infantry doctrine should get a T2 or 3 buff to them - independent of tank reapers.   Then you'd have to make skirt-like upgrades available for all Allied Tanks.  Then it would be *close* to what axis already have available to them. 

The only reason I wouldn't want that is that there is no PE equivalent with their Tin Can Army running around on Allies - so limiting them to 1 doctrine is a good idea.  But honestly, 1 zook on a rifle squad is a joke.  A bad joke.  Like the jokes Mr. Hat tells.  I'm sure it gets nice with the T4 Tank Reaper doctrine, but an upgrade, let alone one from a T unlock, cannot depend on another, higher T unlock to justify its usefulness.

Something, or someone, is retarded alright.

gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2009, 08:04:25 pm »

You should be allowed to buy one zook on every rifle regardless of doctrine.

Then the infantry one should allow you to buy two.

Mind you I still wouldn't use the one zook rifles, but some might.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2009, 08:15:20 pm »

Well, I have like 5 call ins with 1 zook rifle and 1 bren tommie on each of them Roll Eyes, it works quite better than a BAR squad + another Stickie squad heh..

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Skaevola Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2009, 08:15:35 pm »

Allies should not be able to get handheld AT like the axis can. This is not a mirror match game.
scrapking Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2009, 08:21:41 pm »

Allies should not be able to get handheld AT like the axis can. This is not a mirror match game.

So they should be happy with being at a disadvantage?  Just tell me where this disadvantage is compensated from?  Or please, tell me how it really isn't a disadvantage at all. 

Its reasons like this why most people prefer to play Axis.
Blitzen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2009, 08:23:15 pm »

First off, I wasn't even replaying to you.  I was just saying something.
"why must every axis unit be able to fight everything at once? "
excuse me? are you retarded?  unlike elite inf.  not a single axis infantry squad can fight or hold off against allied inf AND tanks.  And don't say faust, a faust mearly tickles a tanks balls before it crushes your entire squad in seconds.
"So they should be happy with being at a disadvantage?  Just tell me where this disadvantage is compensated from?  Or please, tell me how it really isn't a disadvantage at all. "
seriously, allied fanboy much?  if you wanna make this all mirrored, then we'll need less hp on axis men, more members in the squads... this is not a mirror game!!!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 08:24:49 pm by Blitzen » Logged

Bullshit, only fags and girls dont like star wars Tongue
scrapking Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2009, 08:29:15 pm »

First off, I wasn't even replaying to you.  I was just saying something.
"why must every axis unit be able to fight everything at once? "
excuse me? are you retarded?  unlike elite inf.  not a single axis infantry squad can fight or hold off against allied inf AND tanks.  And don't say faust, a faust mearly tickles a tanks balls before it crushes your entire squad in seconds.

Tone yourself down, boy. 

Conveniently, not a single Elite Infantry unit on Allies can fight off infantry and tanks either.  Rangers lose to any tank with skirts, Airborne RRs lose to any infantry pretty much period.  Notwithstanding doctrine choices, in which case then there will be several flavors of Axis infantry which would do well against both.

You still don't have an answer that doesn't include the words "retarded" to anything I've said, so I take it you admit your opinion is biased, and therefore worthless?

I thought so.

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2009, 08:45:45 pm »

*stays out of this discussion*

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Skaevola Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2009, 08:48:08 pm »

Its not a this for that sort of thing, there's no specific advantage to compensate for lack of handheld AT, but just in general completely different faction design. A few advantages - sticky bombs, powerful doctrinal elite infantry with AT, more powerful AT guns, including AP rounds, ability to upgun shermans making them stronger than P4's, fast and powerful m10's ect.
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2009, 08:49:57 pm »

Its not a this for that sort of thing, there's no specific advantage to compensate for lack of handheld AT, but just in general completely different faction design. A few advantages - sticky bombs, powerful doctrinal elite infantry with AT, more powerful AT guns, including AP rounds, ability to upgun shermans making them stronger than P4's, fast and powerful m10's ect.

Sticky bombs are not better than fausts in their current states.

Axis has those too, storms are just as good as airborne and better than rangers.

Pak is better than the 57mm.   Calling the 57 more powerful is laughable.

Upgunned shermans cost an arm and a leg, and blitz P4s beat upgunned armor shermans anyways.

Tbh I'd rather have a stug than a M10.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2009, 08:51:46 pm »

Scrap, so you know, those 1 zook rifles WRECK PE, absolutely wreck PE.

People think schreks and zooks etc are there to kill tanks. They are there to keep it from circling your ATG or to aid your M10/M18. Just like a Sticky, only with more pew pew.

Schreks can chase in PE as long as they are in an IHT, but its really more of a PE "Medium tank" at that point....

Allied AT is fine, I rarely even use manpacked AT at this point, only run 2 TB squads with extra schrek, meaning 4 in my entire company. Why? No range, not accurate, damage is good but useless against a kiting tank or quad.

Zooks really aren't as bad as people think they are, they kill light armor, they can help pop tanks, or in numbers they can pop tanks solo. They are pretty cheap.

As for ATGs, 57mm and PAK are equally good. PAK gets cloak, 57mm gets to use AP rounds whenever it wants. Hell, I was using brits and doing fine with 6pdr's, and they are worse than either of those 2.

If some people had their way, we'd be mirrormatched factions.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 08:53:59 pm by AmPM » Logged

Skaevola Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2009, 08:55:57 pm »

Sticky bombs are not better than fausts in their current states.

Axis has those too, storms are just as good as airborne and better than rangers.

Pak is better than the 57mm.   Calling the 57 more powerful is laughable.

Upgunned shermans cost an arm and a leg, and blitz P4s beat upgunned armor shermans anyways.

Tbh I'd rather have a stug than a M10.

Faust is bugged, or so I'm told, if not, then that's just terrible game design.
Storms can't take on infantry and carry decent AT at the same time, as well as being far more fragile and lacking fire up.

Pak pays for its cloak, and if you pay for AP rounds, then your ATG will be just as powerful

Upgunned Armor shermans beat blitz p4s anyways

TBH I'd rather have a highly maneuverable M10 than a POS stug.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2009, 08:57:35 pm »

Don't forget, the m10 range is longer than the p4 or stugs base range.
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2009, 08:59:01 pm »

Storms can't take on infantry and carry decent AT at the same time, as well as being far more fragile and lacking fire up.

Pak pays for its cloak, and if you pay for AP rounds, then your ATG will be just as powerful

Faust is not bugged.  Whoever told you that is wrong.

What you think airborne can take on infantry?  Rangers with thompsons are not decent AT.

Cloak is far superior to fireup.

Except recrewed paks still get cloak, recrewed 57mm doesn't get AP rounds back.  Also the pak first strike is better than AP rounds due to the accuracy bonus, not to mention the whole invisible thing...

Bullshit.   Upgunned armor shermans lose to blitz P4s.   I've done this match up way too many times.

If you want something that dies instantly against any AT thats your perogative.   Stugs only fear ATGs and RRs.   M10s fear everything that can hurt a tank.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2009, 09:00:46 pm »

Faust is not bugged, its just terrible right now. It can crit, as long as the tank is at low health. Wooo
Skaevola Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2009, 09:04:45 pm »

Faust is not bugged.  Whoever told you that is wrong.

What you think airborne can take on infantry?  Rangers with thompsons are not decent AT.

Cloak is far superior to fireup.

Except recrewed paks still get cloak, recrewed 57mm doesn't get AP rounds back.  Also the pak first strike is better than AP rounds due to the accuracy bonus, not to mention the whole invisible thing...

Bullshit.   Upgunned armor shermans lose to blitz P4s.   I've done this match up way too many times.

If you want something that dies instantly against any AT thats your perogative.   Stugs only fear ATGs and RRs.   M10s fear everything that can hurt a tank.

Whoever changed faust stats is ...

Airborne with nades, and using cover can take on infantry decently well. It really depends what you're fighting. Two bazokas  is pretty decent AT, sure it won't stop a p4, but 4 zooks sure will.

In some situations. Suppressed stormies just take SO long to get up.

AP rounds give an accuracy bonus too, you know. Just don't let your ATG's get decrewed

meh - bad game design...

m10's are incredibly useful - hunting down enemy artillery, taking on damaged p4's circling stugs, ect. Sounds like a personal problem.
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2009, 09:09:32 pm »

Airborne with nades, and using cover can take on infantry decently well. It really depends what you're fighting. Two bazokas  is pretty decent AT, sure it won't stop a p4, but 4 zooks sure will.

In some situations. Suppressed stormies just take SO long to get up.

AP rounds give an accuracy bonus too, you know. Just don't let your ATG's get decrewed

meh - bad game design...

m10's are incredibly useful - hunting down enemy artillery, taking on damaged p4's circling stugs, ect. Sounds like a personal problem.

I can tell you exactly what the faust's stats are.  In no way is it bugged.  The only problem with it currently is its stupid crit table against 5% hp tanks.   But then again, when was the last time you used a faust to kill a 5% tank?

Airborne fighting infantry is not cost effective.  By this logic, dual shrek storms can stealth nade any one infantry squad to hell as well.  So they can take on infantry.

Storms have the same suppression tables as grenadiers, which is the same as airborne.

AP rounds does not give an accuracy bonus.   Seriously do some research.  All this information is easilly accessible.  
http://www.corsix.org/cdms/   download that and you can look at all the game files and find out exactly what each ability or weapon does.

Each have their own strengths and weaknesses yes.  But the M10 is not plain better than the stug.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 09:11:30 pm by gamesguy2 » Logged
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2009, 12:17:15 am »

Quote from: Skaevola
That would be me.

The damage was increased slightly, and criticals added.

The problem is what exactly?  Other than an apparent attitude.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2009, 12:18:51 am »

Quote from: Skaevola
That would be me.

The damage was increased slightly, and criticals added.

The problem is what exactly?  Other than an apparent attitude.

Ouch, don't get them NZ's angry. Aussies are cool people but they cousins...

EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2009, 01:46:08 am »

We're all cousins =p
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc